Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Larnaca dog beach - poison!
Larnaca dog beach - poison! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Kmas100
Pictures: 0

So you would expect it to be safe to walk your dog on the dedicated dog beach eh?
Well this afternoon our beloved cocker spaniel was poisoned on the Larnaca dog beach. My wife was walking the dog as she usually does on the beach and he obviously found something (it's in their nature to sniff everything), and the next thing the dog was shaking and foaming at the mouth.
My wife recognised the symptoms immidiately and grabbed the dog and drove like a maniac to the vets, ringing them on the way. The vets (3vets, near the Larnaca Cineplex) were all ready to receive him and treated him immediately.
Dillon is still with the vets now, we think they have saved him! He actually seemed OK ish when we left, but very drugged and drowsy at 6pm. We are waiting on a phone call from them to tell us that he is all clear and hoping all will be ok. Our heartfelt thanks go to them for their work.
Since this was on the beach itself, the vets asked us to report this to the poice, so we have done that at Kiti police station. Just to note, Dillon didn't wander off the actual beach itself, playing only in the sand and in the sea. The vets indicated the poison as organphosphates (perhaps not correctly spelt).
If I ever find the person responsible for this, I would actually make them eat the poison so I could watch them die slowly!
So please take extra care on the dog beach...!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Kmas100

Just heard back from the vets... Dillon is up and about walking and they will try and get him to eat something (which knowing him, won't be an issue at all!),.. Keeping him overnight to double-check and we can collect him in the morning!
What a relief...!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
bowie

So sorry to hear but Thank god he's doing better , was it the beach by the airport please I use it all the time with my 2 dogs ,,,

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

So sorry to hear this, but glad it is a happy ending. Lucky your wife got to the vets quickly.
How someone can actually place the poison deliberately to kill dogs beggars belief.
I would be like you if I caught someone doing this, as you say make them eat it and watch them suffer.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Kmas100

Yes it was... The dedicated dog beach.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Took our dogs here out for their normal walk today and - basically in the middle of nowhere - there was a big liver, which I have no doubt was likely laced with poison.

Morons.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Took our dogs here out for their normal walk today and - basically in the middle of nowhere - there was a big liver, which I have no doubt was likely laced with poison.

Morons.

I hope you removed it and took it to the police.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
milano

So pleased that your dog is OK, what an awful time it must have been especially when it happened somewhere that you would think is safe. Oh yes, I'd love to make these criminal poisoners eat poison, a teaspoonful at a time and watch them doing it. But before I did I'd ask them one question: what frightens you about dogs (or any animals) so much that you try to kill them for no reason in such a barbaric way,
or is it not fear but pure evil?

KIZI

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Kmas100 wrote:
Just heard back from the vets... Dillon is up and about walking and they will try and get him to eat something (which knowing him, won't be an issue at all!),.. Keeping him overnight to double-check and we can collect him in the morning!
What a relief...!

Good to read that he is ok am sure it's a relief and thanks for posting the warning!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

So so pleased your beloved pet is fine and well Smile
Larnaca dog beach - poison! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus