Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Theresa may Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
Theresa may 
Post: #81   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2306
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Scottie
The day I canít give my honest opinion anymore the PCbrigade can get stuffed
And I will do the honerable thing a bottle of scotch an a loaded revolver
Keep smiling
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Theresa may 
Post: #82   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 9981
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Morning
How does that saying go
You can fool some of the people some of the time
But not all of the people all of the time
Putin and Corbyn are as guilty as sin
Pete


Come on Pete. Rolling Eyes

So now you are saying that Corbyn is involved with Putin over Salisbury.

Strange logic, and if true then it is not all Putin and Russia that is involved, it is much nearer home. Rolling Eyes Wink

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Theresa may 
Post: #83   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2306
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Mouse
Corbyn is involved with everything thatís wrong in this world
Keep smiling
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #84   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 4240
Pictures: 0
Location: Paralimni formerly Epsom UK

 
For what it's worth; I believe we have no concrete evidence that it was done by Russia. For all we know it could've been CIA or MI6.....
Somebody wants to start another Cold War.

_________________
Dee
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #85   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 9981
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
Deanna wrote:
For what it's worth; I believe we have no concrete evidence that it was done by Russia. For all we know it could've been CIA or MI6.....
Somebody wants to start another Cold War.


Or Jeremy Corbyn as Pete says. Wink

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #86   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
journo
Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 5360
Pictures: 17

 
As a journalist inevitably caught up in this coverage, here is just a glimpse into my dilemma:

* The only current available (UK government) analysis of the nerve agent/poison used against Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia indicate it was within the Novichok family of advanced military nerve agents. Maybe down the line, with information from investigations by a team from the Netherlands-based OPCW which polices the prohibition of chemical weapons, we will have confirmation or know more.

* Novichok was first developed within the Soviet Union however there does not appear to be any accepted/verified global list of where Novichok and its derivatives are currently held.

* Does there appear to have been a statistically significant number of deaths/unexplained deaths amongst Russian ex-spies/assylym seekers in the West?. (Indications to date say 'yes'.)

* Does Russia willingly accept dissent and do dissenters who leave Russia live a 'free' life? overseas? What do you think?

.....and the list goes on.

* Does the West seek general and financial ways in which to discredit Russia?

* Does Russia seek general and financial ways in which to discredit the West?

......so who can I trust 100% for accurate information in my reports? Can I trust the Russian emigrees/escapees I interview? Can I trust the UK government (or other government) and private sources I interview? Do I trust what I hear directly from the UK's MI5 and MI6 etc?

In the past - globally - governments, government intitutions, military and economic institutions have failed me abismally.

I'm not whingeing here....it's my profession.It's my choice (well sort of Smile ) It always has, and always will be, challenging.

But invariably as reporters we are on a hiding to nothing.

So how would all you impartial observers set about investigating and reporting cases such as this?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #87   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6838
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
journo wrote:
As a journalist inevitably caught up in this coverage, here is just a glimpse into my dilemma:

* The only current available (UK government) analysis of the nerve agent/poison used against Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia indicate it was within the Novichok family of advanced military nerve agents. Maybe down the line, with information from investigations by a team from the Netherlands-based OPCW which polices the prohibition of chemical weapons, we will have confirmation or know more.

* Novichok was first developed within the Soviet Union however there does not appear to be any accepted/verified global list of where Novichok and its derivatives are currently held.

* Does there appear to have been a statistically significant number of deaths/unexplained deaths amongst Russian ex-spies/assylym seekers in the West?. (Indications to date say 'yes'.)

* Does Russia willingly accept dissent and do dissenters who leave Russia live a 'free' life? overseas? What do you think?

.....and the list goes on.

* Does the West seek general and financial ways in which to discredit Russia?

* Does Russia seek general and financial ways in which to discredit the West?

......so who can I trust 100% for accurate information in my reports? Can I trust the Russian emigrees/escapees I interview? Can I trust the UK government (or other government) and private sources I interview? Do I trust what I hear directly from the UK's MI5 and MI6 etc?

In the past - globally - governments, government intitutions, military and economic institutions have failed me abismally.

I'm not whingeing here....it's my profession.It's my choice (well sort of Smile ) It always has, and always will be, challenging.

But invariably as reporters we are on a hiding to nothing.

So how would all you impartial observers set about investigating and reporting cases such as this?


With trepidation !! I don't envy you at all. So many people , so many lies , nigh on impossible
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #88   PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 4240
Pictures: 0
Location: Paralimni formerly Epsom UK

 
@ Journo. I don't envy you. I believe jounalists should report the facts, impartially.
Unfotunately, mass media love to make-up their own stories around their - sometimes - incomplete facts.
To be a 'straight' journalist must be extremely frustrating when, as in this case, the facts are thin and don't make exciting reading.

_________________
Dee
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #89   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:48 pm Reply with quote
lamby
Joined: 01 Jul 2011
Posts: 431
Pictures: 0
Location: Sotira

 
Boris Johnson's statement 're the Russsian state stockpilng these poisons over the last ten years certainly raises questions.whilst we know they have/are being used in Syria, this is the first tine,as far as I know,this has been admitted.if true, where and what have the overseeing bodies been doing?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Theresa may 
Post: #90   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2306
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Hi
In todayís comment section in todayís marvellous daily mail
They are saying we buy 60 billion more from the e u
Than we sell to them thatís a lot of bread to lose
Keep smiling
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Theresa may 
Post: #91   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9058
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Hi
In todayís comment section in todayís marvellous daily mail
They are saying we buy 60 billion more from the e u
Than we sell to them thatís a lot of bread to lose
Keep smiling
Pete


YES!

But we have to bear in mind - the EU holds all the cards Rolling Eyes

_________________
An atheist is a man who watches a Rangers V Celtic match and doesn't care who wins.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Theresa may 
Post: #92   PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14390
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Hi
In todayís comment section in todayís marvellous daily mail
They are saying we buy 60 billion more from the e u
Than we sell to them thatís a lot of bread to lose
Keep smiling
Pete


That would be 66 billion (with 10% tarriffs).

_________________
The Pack Is Back!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Theresa may 
Post: #93   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9058
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Kwacka wrote:
Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Hi
In todayís comment section in todayís marvellous daily mail
They are saying we buy 60 billion more from the e u
Than we sell to them thatís a lot of bread to lose
Keep smiling
Pete


That would be 66 billion (with 10% tarriffs).


Misleading. As Iím sure you well know.

_________________
An atheist is a man who watches a Rangers V Celtic match and doesn't care who wins.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Theresa may 
Post: #94   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2306
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Mr Tibbs
There must be some truth in the daily mail yesterday
Because ever since I was a boy we have always had trouble
With the balance of payments
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #95   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14390
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
Kwacka wrote:

Pete The Highwayman wrote:

Hi
In todayís comment section in todayís marvellous daily mail
They are saying we buy 60 billion more from the e u
Than we sell to them thatís a lot of bread to lose
Keep smiling
Pete



That would be 66 billion (with 10% tarriffs).



Mr Tibbs wrote:
Misleading. As Iím sure you well know.


Yes, it could well be misleading.

As could be 40% 20% tariffs or 0% tariffs - I have no idea, but I am curious as to the source of your definitive knowlege?

Pete The Highwayman wrote:
Mr Tibbs
There must be some truth in the daily mail yesterday
Because ever since I was a boy we have always had trouble
With the balance of payments


Why is a negative balance of payments 'trouble'?

_________________
The Pack Is Back!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #96   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 4240
Pictures: 0
Location: Paralimni formerly Epsom UK

 
This is an honest request

Why is a negative balance of payments 'trouble'?

I'm no financier and would really like to know. Anyone?

_________________
Dee
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #97   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
devil
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5108
Pictures: 1
Location: Mosfiloti

 
Deanna wrote:
This is an honest request

Why is a negative balance of payments 'trouble'?

I'm no financier and would really like to know. Anyone?


Ask Mr Micawber Smile

_________________
Devil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Theresa may 
Post: #98   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2306
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Devil
Mr macawba is not available
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #99   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14390
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
A negative balance of payments is not good, but it's certainly not 'trouble' -which is what D. Trump seems to believe, given his "Chinese taking money out of our pockets" comment.

Quote:
Donít be fooled by UK deficit Ė the good outweighs the gloom

There were shock headlines following the release this week of the latest balance of payments figures.

The UKís deficit with the rest of world in 2015 was not far short of £100bn Ė over 5pc of GDP, the biggest on record since 1948.

That sounds worrying, particularly in view of the Governmentís objective of promoting a more balanced pattern of economic growth. But the financial markets shrugged off the news.



Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.


_________________
The Pack Is Back!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Theresa may 
Post: #100   PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 2306
Pictures: 0
Location: St Albans

 
Kwacka
They say 25 billion is 3í5 % of gdp so 100 billon would be 14%
Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Theresa may 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 5 of 6  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Theresa



 Link To Cyprus Eastern Forum    YouTube Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version