Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Russian Poisoning Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Russian Poisoning 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi all,

Q. If evidence is found to link Russia with the poisoning what steps should the
UK take??

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 am Reply with quote
bubblechris
Pictures: 0

Fake news. More anti Putin rhetoric. Have they checked all the cameras in the area? Did they see anyone tailing them. What do MI5/6 do do they not keep an eye on Russian spies? Why would Putin want him dead now when the US is doing it's darndest to uncover his dastardly deeds?

Why are they not looking for someone else? Answer, why would they when it's Putin they want to blame for everything.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:46 am Reply with quote
spanner

bubblechris wrote:
Fake news. More anti Putin rhetoric. Have they checked all the cameras in the area? Did they see anyone tailing them. What do MI5/6 do do they not keep an eye on Russian spies? Why would Putin want him dead now when the US is doing it's darndest to uncover his dastardly deeds?

Why are they not looking for someone else? Answer, why would they when it's Putin they want to blame for everything.

So the Russians weren't involved in the murder of Alexander Litvinenko in London in 2006 either?

I don't understand how a communist can still have such loyalty to Mother Russia when it is now a fascist dictatorship.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

bubblechris wrote:

What's Fake News? Did you actually read the question?

UK take??

The only link was to reports of how it's been covered on Russian news -
are you suggesting the BBC made up the Russian news coverage?

Cheers

Steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

bubblechris wrote:

What are your sources to state it is fake news? Are you privy to something that no one else is?

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I read in the Telegraph a couple of days ago that the man who has been killed was in fact a double-agent, also working for MI6
The same article stated that he had been good friends with the american - now outcast by the White House - who had written a damning dossier on Trump's life before Presidency.

So how about the CIA doing the deed and helping fingers to point at Russia?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Deanna wrote:
I read in the Telegraph a couple of days ago that the man who has been killed ..........

He isn’t dead. Although, he’s seen better days.

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Deanna wrote:
I read in the Telegraph a couple of days ago that the man who has been killed ..........

He isn’t dead. Although, he’s seen better days.

My mistake. Apologies. He and his daughter critically ill. Also so was the policeman who visited their home.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Deanna wrote:
I read in the Telegraph a couple of days ago that the man who has been killed was in fact a double-agent, also working for MI6
The same article stated that he had been good friends with the american - now outcast by the White House - who had written a damning dossier on Trump's life before Presidency.

So how about the CIA doing the deed and helping fingers to point at Russia?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Whilst this lends itself to a whole host of conspiracy theories (there should be a prize for the most innovative. I can’t wait) I think it’s most likely an Occam’s Razor affair.

Whatever your views on Putin I can’t be the only one who’s getting innured to what’s become the standard response to such events, no matter how blatant, “Russia denies”. Cuba, Chernobyl, it’s in the blood.

One thing’s certain, nobody will ever pin it on the wily ole fox.

I find it amusing that for some reason, when it comes to the Demi-God Putin (actually, the man’s a bog-standard dictator) those who sometimes post the most outrageous things, often totally unsupported by anything of real substance, claiming that they’re authoritative, will immediately scream “Where’s the evidence!” in his case. Laughing

Lovely man. Adored by his people. Walks to work, probably with holes in his shoes. Deeply saddened by the hoi polloi claims that he’s an extremely wealthy oligarch himself. Where’s the Evidence?? Laughing

Last edited by Mr Tibbs on Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

bubblechris wrote:

That's right Chris. Rolling Eyes
Nothing more than a failed (maybe) suicide attempt involving them and the Police officer, who they bribed to commit suicide with them in the hope that the blame would fall on the Russians. Rolling Eyes Wink

Or perhaps it could be that he used to be a Double Agent working for the British.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
devil

Are you sure he wasn't a quadruple agent (Russia, UK, Burkina Faso and Nepal)? Smile

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Steve - SJD wrote:
Hi all,

UK take??

Cheers

Steve

Behind a pay wall I'm afraid, so I can't provide a link but the gist of it:

"Russian officials involved in corruption and human rights abuse are to be targeted with a tough new sanctions regime co-ordinated with the US and Canada, the Telegraph can disclose.

Boris Johnson, the Foreign Secretary, and Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, have agreed that Britain will introduce a UK version of the so-called "Magnitsky Act" under which 49 Russian nationals are named in an official US list of "gross violators of human rights", whose crimes include extrajudicial killings and torture."

Similar to that adopted by the US, Canada and some other European countries I believe.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Love this quote from Wikipedia ... ″Don't choose England as a next country to live in. Whatever the reasons, whether you're a professional traitor to the motherland or you just hate your country in your spare time, I repeat, no matter, don't move to England. Something is not right there. Maybe it's the climate, but in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with a grave outcome. People get hanged, poisoned, they die in helicopter crashes and fall out of windows in industrial quantities. Better [go] to Continental Europe.[/i]

Russian poisoning 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman

Morning
I’ll take England over any other country in the world and so will my little girl
If you cut me I don’t bleed the Union Jack comes out England forever
Be lucky
Pete

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote
devil

Deanna wrote:
Love this quote from Wikipedia ... ″Don't choose England as a next country to live in. Whatever the reasons, whether you're a professional traitor to the motherland or you just hate your country in your spare time, I repeat, no matter, don't move to England. Something is not right there. Maybe it's the climate, but in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with a grave outcome. People get hanged, poisoned, they die in helicopter crashes and fall out of windows in industrial quantities. Better [go] to Continental Europe.[/i]

Wikipedia? Hardly!

I believe the following is your REAL source:

Quote:
Marc Bennetts in Moscow

Fri 9 Mar 2018 10.51 GMT
Last modified on Sat 10 Mar 2018 19.29 GMT

Russian state television has warned “traitors” and Kremlin critics that they should not settle in England because of an increased risk of dying in mysterious circumstances.

“Don’t choose England as a place to live. Whatever the reasons, whether you’re a professional traitor to the motherland or you just hate your country in your spare time, I repeat, no matter, don’t move to England,” the presenter Kirill Kleymenov said during a news programme on Channel One, state TV’s flagship station.

“Something is not right there. Maybe it’s the climate. But in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with a grave outcome. People get hanged, poisoned, they die in helicopter crashes and fall out of windows in industrial quantities,” Kleymenov said.

The stark warning comes as the former Russian double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, remain critically ill in hospital after being poisoned with a nerve agent in Salisbury. Moscow has labelled speculation that they were targeted by the Kremlin security services as an “anti-Russian campaign”.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 am Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

@ devil. I don't know Wikis' source - sorry didn't read the 'extras'.
But thanku for your contribution.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

devil wrote:
Deanna wrote:

Wikipedia? Hardly!

I believe the following is your REAL source:

Quote:
Marc Bennetts in Moscow

Fri 9 Mar 2018 10.51 GMT
Last modified on Sat 10 Mar 2018 19.29 GMT

Russian state television has warned “traitors” and Kremlin critics that they should not settle in England because of an increased risk of dying in mysterious circumstances.

In the wikipedia link 3.2 Russian parastatal media commentary it does cite the source as Channel 1, the programme Vremya and the commentator as 'Director of News Reporting' Kirill Kleimyonov.

Their author's reference is

(Google translation: British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson suggested that the poisoning of Sergei Skripal is Moscow)

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Kwacka wrote:
Google translation: British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson suggested that the poisoning of Sergei Skripal is Moscow

Google translation: Russian Foreign Secretary Sergrey Kavrov suggested that the poisoning of Edward Snowden is Washington.

Google translation: Venezuelan Foreign Secretary Jorge Arreaza suggested that the poisoning of Julian Assage is London.

Google translation: The Pope suggested that the suicide of Judas Iscariot was God.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat