Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Russian Poisoning Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post: #101   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Hudswell
Pictures: 0

So,the west stand by and do nothing, and Ashad, supposed by Russia carries n indiscriminately killing his own people using methods classed as crimes against humanity....and when the are dead it will,stop.....then we live with our inaction....well,some,of you might be able to.

Mercury Rising
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Russian poisoning 
Post: #102   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 pm Reply with quote
bubblechris

Kwacka wrote:

No, nobody knows exactly what is going on, but the bombing of innocent civilians is taking place now and will continue until everybody who is against this oppressive dictator is dead OR he is removed from power.

I hope I got this quote right and it was Kwacka's.

I recall about 7 or 8 years ago a colleague was preparing to go to see a dentist in Syria to have all her teeth replaced. I remember also that Cypriots in particular were regularly visiting Syria to shop. I recall people saying it reminded them of Lebanon at it's best.

What happened then? The US decided they didn't like the way Assad was running the country and was supportd by the majority of the people and especially by the Russians, so they decided to help a small rebel contingent by introducing Daiesh now known as ISIL and we all know what happened then do we not?

Has Assad changed so much? Or is he just trying to rid his country of the US influence, and who could blame him...............

The US screwed up Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine and Cyprus. Why do you believe evrything they tell you?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #103   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

Hudswell wrote:
So,the west stand by and do nothing, and Ashad, supposed by Russia carries n indiscriminately killing his own people using methods classed as crimes against humanity....and when the are dead it will,stop.....then we live with our inaction....well,some,of you might be able to.

If true then Assad has to be stopped.

But going by your statement, if it meant a possible war against Russia
would you support it regardless of the consequences.

There are many other despots in the World especially in Africa, but of course they don't have oil in the region do they.

The one thing all the trouble spots where the West get involved have got in common.

OIL.

Post: #104   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

bubblechris wrote:
What happened then? The US decided they didn't like the way Assad was running the country and was supportd by the majority of the people and especially by the Russians, so they decided to help a small rebel contingent by introducing Daiesh now known as ISIL and we all know what happened then do we not?

Has Assad changed so much? Or is he just trying to rid his country of the US influence, and who could blame him...............

The US screwed up Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine and Cyprus. Why do you believe evrything they tell you?

That's a pretty strange view of what went on and not really an accurate
reflection of what is a complete mess.

Cheers

Steve
Post: #105   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm Reply with quote
mouse

bubblechris wrote:
Kwacka wrote:

No, nobody knows exactly what is going on, but the bombing of innocent civilians is taking place now and will continue until everybody who is against this oppressive dictator is dead OR he is removed from power.

I recall about 7 or 8 years ago a colleague was preparing to go to see a dentist in Syria to have all her teeth replaced. I remember also that Cypriots in particular were regularly visiting Syria to shop. I recall people saying it reminded them of Lebanon at it's best.

Agree with a lot of that except the bit about Cyprus.

They screwed themselves up with a bit of help from the US.

Post: #106   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
scottie

mouse wrote:
bubblechris wrote:
Kwacka wrote:

Agree with a lot of that except the bit about Cyprus.

They screwed themselves up with a bit of help from the US.

Well said . On the whole we are just too gullible , or perhaps lazy , to shout out NO .
Things are being done in our name . They have to have a bliddy referendum to decide whether or not we stay in the union or the EU and yet they could take us to war without consultation. You could not make it up could you ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #107   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

bubblechris wrote:
The US decided they didn't like the way Assad was running the country and was supportd by the majority of the people and especially by the Russians, so they decided to help a small rebel contingent by introducing Daiesh now known as ISIL and we all know what happened then do we not?

However you feel about the way that the Syrian war unfolded, thatís not how it began.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Bashirís Father was also a butcher. Although not as good at it as his son.

The US creation of ISIS seems to me to be a popular myth. It had far more to do with Assad, making a pact with Al Qaida, which came back to haunt him and Maliki, the post war Shia leader in Iraq. He refused to honour the agreement to involve the countryís Sunnis in governing and instead waged a sectarian campaign upon their leadership.

The way the US got painted as the villain in a situation where Russia illegally seized and annexed part of a neighbouring country seems surreal to me.

As far as the origin of Cyprusís current situationís concerned - you will know better than I.

Post: #108   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

mouse wrote:
The one thing all the trouble spots where the West get involved have got in common.

OIL.

For sure many do - Oil is after all important - but from what I recall
it's pretty even with probably the same number of US/Western interventions
in places that didn't have significant oil production than those that
do - in the last twenty years.

Cheers

Steve

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #109   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Steve - SJD wrote:
mouse wrote:

OIL.

Cheers

Steve

Not all in common but dictatorships seem to feature a lot. Think

Post: #110   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:
mouse wrote:

OIL.

Cheers

Steve

Not all in common but dictatorships seem to feature a lot. Think

Yep that and a propensity for killing thousands of your own people.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #111   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Here we go, Trump showing what a great President he is (he thinks)....

Post: #112   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Deanna wrote:
...........and as for Zuckerberg......

Sorry to go off thread for a post but I loved this picture that popped up today. Zucker's booster cushion! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post: #113   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Deanna wrote:
...........and as for Zuckerberg......

Sorry to go off thread for a post but I loved this picture that popped up today. Zucker's booster cushion! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps the chairs are hard Confused

Post: #114   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Deanna wrote:

It's a joke Deanna.

Post: #115   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Deanna wrote:

It's a joke Deanna.

Apparently it's not a joke.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #116   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Kwacka wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Deanna wrote:

It's a joke Deanna.

Apparently it's not a joke.

I 'got' the joke!

Post: #117   PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote
cansweet

So, once again the western world has to pull back and take the Russian offer of safe passage to determine the facts about the chemical attack. Tonight Washington would not and could not confirm who used the chemical weapons. Yesterday the very same people could almost tell us the name of the person who set off the attack. This book of stories gets more bizzare by the minute.
We won't even go into the poisoning at this stage, one person given the most dangerous poison in the world leaves hospital and goes home while her father who was also poisoned is surprisingly getting better as well. Now, as all those stories unfold and the allies threat of an imminent huge attack gets nearer, I wonder how they'll suddenly find new evidence and say a slight doubt exists so they now won't attack but if that news changes, they'll do this, that, and the other. Anyone beginning to see a complete cock up, a monumental lie unfolding, an utterly crude attempt to plant false evidence and a come down that's as embarrassing as it is laughable? As one might say jokingly, you couldn't write it as no one would believe it and here we are! Here it is unfolding before our very eyes. I'm waiting for this overwhelming missile attack, i'm waiting, waiting, waiting.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post: #118   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
scottie

cansweet wrote:
So, once again the western world has to pull back and take the Russian offer of safe passage to determine the facts about the chemical attack. Tonight Washington would not and could not confirm who used the chemical weapons. Yesterday the very same people could almost tell us the name of the person who set off the attack. This book of stories gets more bizzare by the minute.
We won't even go into the poisoning at this stage, one person given the most dangerous poison in the world leaves hospital and goes home while her father who was also poisoned is surprisingly getting better as well. Now, as all those stories unfold and the allies threat of an imminent huge attack gets nearer, I wonder how they'll suddenly find new evidence and say a slight doubt exists so they now won't attack but if that news changes, they'll do this, that, and the other. Anyone beginning to see a complete cock up, a monumental lie unfolding, an utterly crude attempt to plant false evidence and a come down that's as embarrassing as it is laughable? As one might say jokingly, you couldn't write it as no one would believe it and here we are! Here it is unfolding before our very eyes. I'm waiting for this overwhelming missile attack, i'm waiting, waiting, waiting.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Let's hope we wait for a long time. Monumental cock up does not begin to cover it.
Blatant lies from beginning to end and a blind man should have seen it.
Get the people to panic and we can do as we please seems to be the maxim . If you want that to work , you have to do a better job guys.
Sick to death with the lot if them. Lying ,self centred , egotistical to a man/woman .
Only my jaundiced opinion of course
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #119   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
Hudswell

I,assume your comments are directed against the Syrian and Russian State?

Mercury Rising

Post: #120   PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
cansweet

I wonder who else you might be thinking of?
Russian Poisoning 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat