Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Stray dog
Stray dog 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
ron mundy
Pictures: 0

A lovely young pointer bitch has strayed onto Larnaca shooting range, she has been there for a few weeks now, there is a guard dog in the compound who is looked after by the range and I think she has settled there as he is company for her.

No one is looking after her though as to regards food so not a good situation for her to be in and not a safe place for her. I feed her when we go there but that's not regular I have tried all the dog refuges in the area but all full and she is just one of many to be in this dreadful plight.

If any one knows of someone who may be able to help in any way I would be very pleased to hear from you.

Thank you,
Regards

Jacqui Mundy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
milano

Hi, some places to try (if you haven't already!) it's not easy I know.

Kayte @ Bay Tree Kennels Oroklini. 97648568. Especially for pointers/hunters.

Maria @ Noah's Ark Animal Shelter, Ormidhiea. 99325897

Stella @ Argos animal shelter, Ormidheia. 99326045

Hope that might help.

KIZI
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Stray dog 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
lliz

I believe there is a pointer & setter rescue kennel in Orokolini,Larnaca,called Bay Tree Kennels,sorry I donít know more,just bought some notelets in aid of the kennels from Butterflies tea room in the village,maybe on FB or on internet.Hope they can help.
Lliz
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
bowie

Hi you could post on FB lost and found if you don't have FB ask a friend to post for you also put some pictures on here if you can ,,,good luck hope you find a safe place for her ,,

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
ron mundy

Thank you very much for contact numbers but I have tried them all and no one can help.
I will try kayte at Bay Tree again,

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 pm Reply with quote
2diffs

This is a Pointer which I rescued just after Christmas, she was abandoned in Dheryneia, I couldn't find anybody to adopt her so now she is another family member.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
bowie

Hi Ron if you can take some pictures I will post them on FB ,don't know if it will help but it's worth a try ,,,

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
milano

Another suggestion that may help - sorry I've not got a phone number only Facebook details but I know that she replies to messages ASAP. She lives in Oroklini and together with a team of volunteers does a fantastic job getting strays permanent homes, adopted and fostered.

Facebook page: Jeanette Borchardt at SOS, alternatively SOS -Save Oroklini Strays.

Worth a try.

KIZI

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Stray dog 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus