Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Permanent Residency Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
 
Post: #61   PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:19 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
SensibleBob wrote:
A repeat of a pointless exercise of standing in the election queue with no idea what to do. It's not just 2x20 euros we paid Cypriot pounds 50 for our Aliens card which to get it meant paying private medical cover for which we still had EHIC then two lots of 8.54 euros for a useless yellow slip each. By then I had paid enough Social to get medical card and EHIC from Cyprus.

Tell me what that 20euros will definitely secure that we don't already have.


The yellow/ pink slip is not useless ,its a necessity which you have to ensure is up to date
If you have permanent residency you do not have to renew.
You don't have to have paid social to obtain your hospital card .
I did not pay for My initial Aliens book but things may have changed since then .
I went straight to citizenship so don't know what the permanent residency status brings with it , other than the one I have mentioned above . However so many people seem to be rushing to get it , there must be more to it 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #62   PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
scottie wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
scottie wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
The only 'benefit' that was apparent was it would give us the right to vote in elections!

As to our rights being protected, it was stressed how important our (financial) presence was to the Cyprus Government and that they wouldn't want to do anything that would endanger that!

It was also stated that nothing would change in respect to pensions and national health cover, no matter what!


Permanent residence dies not give one the right to vote in Presidential or general elections ?


No idea, don't care, wouldn't vote here anyway, as wouldn't know what I was voting for! (Rather like the dense population of the UK in the Brexit referendum!)

Just repeating what the guy said! Cool


And I was just clarifying what he said . Councillors and local elections yes . 😊


No, he just said "elections"!!

And, just to be clear, I couldn't care less if he was talking about Council elections, Local elections, General elections, Presidential elections......... or even Chinese erections! Cool

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #63   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 14456
Pictures: 3
Location: Republic of Cyprus

 
lamby wrote:
Thanks for the replies although if having the right to vote in Cyprus elections is virtually the only benefit then I dont think that i would bother to apply,certainly not until more is known and the uncertainty resolved.personally,I think the unique relationship between the UK and Cyprus will iron out these uncertainties as there will be reciprocal agreements.


What 'unique relationship'?

When the UK leaves the EU the relationship between the UK & Cyprus will be exactly the same as the relationship between the UK and Germany or Bulgaria.

_________________
The Pack Is Back!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #64   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 am Reply with quote
jeba
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 558
Pictures: 0

 
scottie wrote:

You don't have to have paid social to obtain your hospital card .

What is the procedure and what are the requirements to get a hospital card? Is it the same as a medical card? Are you entitled to get one if you are employed in Cyprus? If so, is there a time window during which you have to apply (like in Germany where you have to apply for membership in public health insurance within 3 months after moving there). Im asking because an acquaintance of mine doesnt have health insurance but has been working in Cyprus for a couple of years already. Could he simply sign up for public health insurance if he wanted to?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #65   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 am Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
scottie wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
scottie wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
The only 'benefit' that was apparent was it would give us the right to vote in elections!

As to our rights being protected, it was stressed how important our (financial) presence was to the Cyprus Government and that they wouldn't want to do anything that would endanger that!

It was also stated that nothing would change in respect to pensions and national health cover, no matter what!


Permanent residence dies not give one the right to vote in Presidential or general elections ?


No idea, don't care, wouldn't vote here anyway, as wouldn't know what I was voting for! (Rather like the dense population of the UK in the Brexit referendum!)

Just repeating what the guy said! Cool


And I was just clarifying what he said . Councillors and local elections yes . 😊


No, he just said "elections"!!

And, just to be clear, I couldn't care less if he was talking about Council elections, Local elections, General elections, Presidential elections......... or even Chinese erections! Cool


If you don't care , it is somewhat baffling as to why you asked in the first place . Just muddying the waters in my humble opinion . 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #66   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Could anybody please show where I 'asked'??!!!!! Confused Rolling Eyes

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #67   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9148
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
........ or even Chinese erections! Cool


Laughing

Is that a Freudian slip Woody? A reference to their New Year of course, which is Friday. Wink Then its the year of the Dog, I think. Confused
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Sirry Iriot! 
Post: #68   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
........ or even Chinese erections! Cool


Laughing

Is that a Freudian slip Woody? A reference to their New Year of course, which is Friday. Wink Then its the year of the Dog, I think. Confused


More a reference to Benny Hill's Chinaman sketch, cookie boy!! Laughing

P.S. Please note, no question was asked in the reply above, and no waters were muddied! Laughing Laughing

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Sirry Iriot! 
Post: #69   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 am Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
........ or even Chinese erections! Cool


Laughing

Is that a Freudian slip Woody? A reference to their New Year of course, which is Friday. Wink Then its the year of the Dog, I think. Confused


More a reference to Benny Hill's Chinaman sketch, cookie boy!! Laughing

P.S. Please note, no question was asked in the reply above, and no waters were muddied! Laughing Laughing


Ok , granted no questions . However you did Chuck your twopenny worth in , just to muddy the waters ? 😊😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
My bad!! 
Post: #70   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
The only 'benefit' that was apparent was it would give us the right to vote in elections!

As to our rights being protected, it was stressed how important our (financial) presence was to the Cyprus Government and that they wouldn't want to do anything that would endanger that!

It was also stated that nothing would change in respect to pensions and national health cover, no matter what!


Apparently, I gave this reply to lamby, in response to his request (post #49) for information on the benefits of permanent residency, "just to muddy the waters"!!? Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: My bad!! 
Post: #71   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:35 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
The only 'benefit' that was apparent was it would give us the right to vote in elections!

As to our rights being protected, it was stressed how important our (financial) presence was to the Cyprus Government and that they wouldn't want to do anything that would endanger that!

It was also stated that nothing would change in respect to pensions and national health cover, no matter what!


Apparently, I gave this reply to lamby, in response to his request (post #49) for information on the benefits of permanent residency, "just to muddy the waters"!!? Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes


Misinformation, or at the least misleading information has to be corrected does it not.? That was all I did , simply to clear the waters 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #72   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
So, what did I say that was inaccurate or misleading, and where is the correction? Confused

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #73   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
So, what did I say that was inaccurate or misleading, and where is the correction? Confused



You did not qualify "voting in elections " .
Omissions lead to misunderstandings.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Don't blame me (I voted Remain!!) 
Post: #74   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
scottie wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
So, what did I say that was inaccurate or misleading, and where is the correction? Confused



You did not qualify "voting in elections " .
Omissions lead to misunderstandings.


Then tell that to the British High Commissioner, as I only reported what he said!! Rolling Eyes

As it is, as previously stated, I couldn't give a monkey's about voting in ANY Cypriot election, a view, I suspect, that is shared by the vast majority of ex pats here!

So no need for you to make such an issue of it........and certainly not in such a disingenuous manner! Not talking

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Don't blame me (I voted Remain!!) 
Post: #75   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
scottie wrote:
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
So, what did I say that was inaccurate or misleading, and where is the correction? Confused



You did not qualify "voting in elections " .
Omissions lead to misunderstandings.


Then tell that to the British High Commissioner, as I only reported what he said!! Rolling Eyes

As it is, as previously stated, I couldn't give a monkey's about voting in ANY Cypriot election, a view, I suspect, that is shared by the vast majority of ex pats here!

So no need for you to make such an issue of it........and certainly not in such a disingenuous manner! Not talking


I made no issue of it and certainly not a disingenuous one. I sincerely wished to clarify ( if not for yourself , who does not give a dam ) , then for others , some may just want to know which elections they would be entitled to vote in . What is your problem ?
No need to throw your toys out of the pram 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Not to make an issue of it.........!! 
Post: #76   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
OK, hands up all those who would be gutted if they gained permanent residency here and then discovered there were some elections they weren't allowed to vote in!! Laughing Laughing

And I would think that stating an untruth about a non existent question and then using that falsehood to accuse one of 'muddying the waters' could be considered, by most reasonable observers, as fairly 'disingenuous'!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Meanwhile, as always, toys stay firmly in my pram........ Cool

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Not to make an issue of it.........!! 
Post: #77   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 6850
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Woodrow Why?at wrote:
OK, hands up all those who would be gutted if they gained permanent residency here and then discovered there were some elections they weren't allowed to vote in!! Laughing Laughing

And I would think that stating an untruth about a non existent question and then using that falsehood to accuse one of 'muddying the waters' could be considered, by most reasonable observers, as fairly 'disingenuous'!! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Meanwhile, as always, toys stay firmly in my pram........ Cool


............................................................................
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #78   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 16 Jul 2005
Posts: 21778
Pictures: 55

 
Ok can we end the bickering please - those who wish to apply for a MEU3 and
are able to do so then the information is included in the thread. Those who
don't wish to apply then er don't.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #79   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 9148
Pictures: 0
Location: ROC

 
Steve - SJD wrote:
Ok can we end the bickering please - those who wish to apply for a MEU3 and
are able to do so then the information is included in the thread. Those who
don't wish to apply then er don't.

Cheers

Steve


But, what about us undecided? Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #80   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 5726
Pictures: 0
Location: Ayia Thekla

 
Mr Tibbs wrote:
Steve - SJD wrote:
Ok can we end the bickering please - those who wish to apply for a MEU3 and
are able to do so then the information is included in the thread. Those who
don't wish to apply then er don't.

Cheers

Steve


But, what about us undecided? Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing


I'd certainly like to know more about our voting rights, before deciding!! Wink Laughing Laughing

_________________
Don't blame me, I voted 'Remain'!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Permanent Residency 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 4 of 5  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Permanent #Residency



 Link To Cyprus Eastern Forum    YouTube Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version