Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » * POISON ALERTS * Area Warnings Goto page 1, 2  Next
* POISON ALERTS * Area Warnings 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi All,

This topic is intended for members who wish to post Poison Alerts for
other members.

This thread will remain at the top of the section for easy reference.

When posting an alert please add the area in the Subject Line i.e.:
Cavo Greko Area

Please add further details/location in the main message body.

You can Bookmark this thread in your own account by clicking the
"Bookmark This Topic" link above - this will save the topic in your
account bookmarks.

You can also share this thread using the Social Media links towards the
bottom of the postings.

Please note that this thread is for posting Poison Alerts only - any other
comments/debate will be removed.
There are other threads where
you can post your own various opinions but this thread is strictly
for Poison Alerts.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

AYIA TRIADA TUESDAY 29th JAN 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote
RosieS
Pictures: 0

A friend posted this on Facebook:

I nearly lost my boy to poison on Tuesday, thankfully he only sniffed it and is now on recovery.. Its just before Lost Boarders on that beach road Please warn everyone cause i don't i want anyone i go through what i went through.

Please let everyone know.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am Reply with quote
jonsales1973

Have been told poison is also at kapparis by the dangerous bend,.....by the police station cape greko.and pernera .....
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Orphandies area Thursday 7th February 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
RosieS

Tassos reports

Poison on Orphanides road up towards Paralimni town centre opposite fruitaria / Bottoms up.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
PROTARAS BOARDWALK POISONING - BEWARE 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Big Alas
Pictures: 2

Protaras Boardwalk poisoning - Beware
---------------------------------------------

Please Click the picture!

PLEASE SHARE IN FACEBOOK - PLEASE WARN OTHER ANIMAL OWNERS ... PLEASE........

[Edited]
UN BUFFER ZONE 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote
RosieS

Copied from general section:

It happened near the UN post by the buffer zone in Dherynia. Our friends were walking their Nine year old Cyprus Poodle along a path well frequented by dog owners, they managed to get the poisoned dog to a vet for antidote but unfortunately too late.

[Edited]
Alethriko area 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Just adding this:

kimi wrote:
I would like to warn people living in the Alethriko area (Larnaca) that my dog ate some octopus that had been laced with poison, whist walking in the fields, school side. We got him to the vet in time and thankfully he is now recovering well.
Poison alert Frenaros 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
CoupeBabe

Poison fish along Louka Tsiolakki, past the houses & just before where the road turns to dirt track

We will post a sign at the location tomorrow as our dog picked up the poison today but seems to be doing OK after a trip to the clinic ............

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Poison alert Frenaros 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
daisyanne

Where is Louka Tsiolakki please?

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:19 am Reply with quote
CoupeBabe

Its the road that goes down past the Frenaros 2000 bar & forks to the left. It then continues past the Chartoupallos development on the right onwards towards the North. The poison is way down past the houses on the right hand side

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
RosieS

POISON ALERT FROM: Kristina Blackmichael.
Livadia, Larnaca.
"The dog I've had since when I was a child got poisoned. Fortunately we managed to save her as we had an injection we got from the vet some other time when another dog was poisoned and we filled her stomach with water. It's in the area of Livadia in Larnaca between Stratigou Timagia Avenue and Saint Savvas Church, an area where children and dogs go for a walk almost everyday."
LARNACA, PLEASE SHARE!!!

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
daisyanne

sorry to hear that but glad that your doggie is OK.

can i ask? what exactly did you do to "fill her stomach with water"? Was that after you gave her in the injection?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
RosieS

This is pasted from another poison alert website.
Limassol 4 Sept 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
RosieS

Cyprus Poison Alert - Skippy Kit

POISON ALERT FROM: Ann Robson.
Yermasoyia, Limassol.
"Please be extra careful walking your dogs in Yermasoyia village Limassol. Dogs have been poisoned this week and are fighting for their lives in the clinic!!!"
LIMASSOL, PLEASE SHARE!!!
Ormideia 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Took our little pooch in for a trim and the vet was visibly upset and angry yesterday as he had two dogs brought in dead due to poisonings in our village. Please take care.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Re: Ormideia 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

cyprussmoothie wrote:
Took our little pooch in for a trim and the vet was visibly upset and angry yesterday as he had two dogs brought in dead due to poisonings in our village. Please take care.

But where is your village so people can be aware?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Hi Tang I did put the village name on top of my posting. It is Ormideia which is the next village to Pyla, Xylotympou and also Achna.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

cyprussmoothie wrote:
Hi Tang I did put the village name on top of my posting. It is Ormideia which is the next village to Pyla, Xylotympou and also Achna.

Ahh sorry I didn't spot the separate post title.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Hi Tang. Hey no problem. Must admit to not always noticing headings
Protaras poisoning 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
tvarnavas

Hi positioning of my beloved cat today in Protaras, near Ocean View Management. She was a loveable cat age 7 had her from a few weeks old, she was rescue kitten.

Keep cats in, as was told from the vets hunters are out putting poison down as they are trapping the tiny birds which is illegal and by doing this illegal action they are also killing innocent animals. When will these people learn?

Not sure if I should say this but what I witness with my cat today (she did not survive) I would pour the poision down their throats and just watch and see them suffer!!!!
* POISON ALERTS * Area Warnings 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus