Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

  Ads By Forum Sponsors

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Tablets Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
 
Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:21 am Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Larryand Sue wrote:
Bendroflumethiazide are available up here at a cost of 70p for 28.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.



Is this a joke ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #22   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:55 am Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 889
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
jeba wrote:
madmum wrote:
But as initially told can only be done by child psychiatrist thinking will be a waste of time


Maybe you could get a prescription by a "regular" pediatrician filled by an online-pharmacy in another EU country? Or in the North?


Have got the prescription but itís a private 1. Told it needs to be rewritten on to a hospital prescription. If I eventually get some sort of doctor at hospital to do this. Whatís the odds on them saying hospital donít have them
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #23   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 2548
Pictures: 0
Location: Dherynia

 
scottie wrote:
Larryand Sue wrote:
Bendroflumethiazide are available up here at a cost of 70p for 28.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.



Is this a joke ?


As much as I would like to get my tabs sorted locally, if needs must I would try and get them from the north side. So is this price and availability correct?
I certainly don't want to take an alternative if it has adverse side affects. This applies to all our tabs not just the Bendroflumethiazide.
I know Scottie is against any dealings with the north and I respect that BUT I'm afraid that getting the correct medication must come first for us.
Thanks,
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #24   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
Larryand Sue
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 1059
Pictures: 0
Location: Bogaz.

 
Santorini Paul 1 wrote:


As much as I would like to get my tabs sorted locally, if needs must I would try and get them from the north side. So is this price and availability correct?
I certainly don't want to take an alternative if it has adverse side affects. This applies to all our tabs not just the Bendroflumethiazide.
I know Scottie is against any dealings with the north and I respect that BUT I'm afraid that getting the correct medication must come first for us.
Thanks,
Paul.


I bought these locally to me, at the price stated 4 days ago.

_________________
The views expressed above may not necessarily be those of anyone.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #25   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
This has nothing to do with my views on dealings with the north .
If is a very serious matter when it comes to behavioural changing drugs and to my mind a very irresponsible statement to place on a forum which can be seen worldwide .
These are dangerously addictive drugs which are being talked about and to advertise the fact you can get them at such a ridiculously low price is nigh on criminal
Most people outside of this island do not understand the semantics and statements like these add to the " money laundering " ones only add to the general view that Cyprus is a den of iniquity .
Add this to the fact that , like it or lump it , you do not know what is in these tablets bought without a prescription and a doctor's supervision then it is appalling
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 889
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
scottie wrote:
This has nothing to do with my views on dealings with the north .
If is a very serious matter when it comes to behavioural changing drugs and to my mind a very irresponsible statement to place on a forum which can be seen worldwide .
These are dangerously addictive drugs which are being talked about and to advertise the fact you can get them at such a ridiculously low price is nigh on criminal
Most people outside of this island do not understand the semantics and statements like these add to the " money laundering " ones only add to the general view that Cyprus is a den of iniquity .
Add this to the fact that , like it or lump it , you do not know what is in these tablets bought without a prescription and a doctor's supervision then it is appalling


Not sure who this post is aimed at. if to me i obviously know it is a behavioral changing drug. wouldnt be much point giving it to kids with ADHD if wasnt. she only takes it on school days as it doesnt really have any effect on her behavour at home. but most certainly does at school. if she misses pill in morning can guarantee will be spoken to when collect her by teacher. without she is disruptive & cant sit still.

I was dubious about buying in the north. but her child psychiatrist insists it is safe & actually suggested we do it. as currently paying 50 euro for 28 pills which last 5 1/2 weeks i have been looking at car insurance. can only get prescriptions for 2 months supply so would have to go every 11 weeks so would need a 1 year policy. so even if can buy half price only a saving of around 100 euro i think. of course if can buy without prescription then could get shorter term insurance a couple of times a year.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #27   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
madmum wrote:
scottie wrote:
This has nothing to do with my views on dealings with the north .
If is a very serious matter when it comes to behavioural changing drugs and to my mind a very irresponsible statement to place on a forum which can be seen worldwide .
These are dangerously addictive drugs which are being talked about and to advertise the fact you can get them at such a ridiculously low price is nigh on criminal
Most people outside of this island do not understand the semantics and statements like these add to the " money laundering " ones only add to the general view that Cyprus is a den of iniquity .
Add this to the fact that , like it or lump it , you do not know what is in these tablets bought without a prescription and a doctor's supervision then it is appalling


Not sure who this post is aimed at. if to me i obviously know it is a behavioral changing drug. wouldnt be much point giving it to kids with ADHD if wasnt. she only takes it on school days as it doesnt really have any effect on her behavour at home. but most certainly does at school. if she misses pill in morning can guarantee will be spoken to when collect her by teacher. without she is disruptive & cant sit still.

I was dubious about buying in the north. but her child psychiatrist insists it is safe & actually suggested we do it. as currently paying 50 euro for 28 pills which last 5 1/2 weeks i have been looking at car insurance. can only get prescriptions for 2 months supply so would have to go every 11 weeks so would need a 1 year policy. so even if can buy half price only a saving of around 100 euro i think. of course if can buy without prescription then could get shorter term insurance a couple of times a year.


If as you say you have a private prescription , there should be no problem in having it re written at the hospital . I have had many done this way.
None of my business , only concern for a child made me throw my hat in the ring . No way would I recommend giving a child this type of drug without supervision . However , no way would I move to a country in which access to a drug necessary for my child's well-being was not available .Nor would I buy it over the counter
Good luck in your search whatever you decide
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #28   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 2548
Pictures: 0
Location: Dherynia

 
Scottie, you are mixing my threads with Madmums to give the worst possible view. I would not be getting anything without a prescription and I am not convinced that getting tabs in the north is any worse than in the ROC. In fact counterfeit drugs have been an issue in the UK a number of times.
I think your post has everything to do with your views with the north.
I would be happy if we could stick to the original reason for the post regarding if certain drugs named earlier can be obtained via the hospital rather than having to purchase them from the north, south or Timbuktu.
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #29   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Scottie, you are mixing my threads with Madmums to give the worst possible view. I would not be getting anything without a prescription and I am not convinced that getting tabs in the north is any worse than in the ROC. In fact counterfeit drugs have been an issue in the UK a number of times.
I think your post has everything to do with your views with the north.
I would be happy if we could stick to the original reason for the post regarding if certain drugs named earlier can be obtained via the hospital rather than having to purchase them from the north, south or Timbuktu.
Paul.


I think it is confusion on both sides 😊 my response was to madmum , my fault entirely I should have said so . I have said I know for sure you can obtain statins and drugs for diabetics from the hospital pharmacy . However If there is a child involved who needs to see A psychiatrist I am sure there is someone in the hospital welfare department who can arrange for her to see the weekly one ASAP . She is not by the way a child psychiatrist but sees adults and children.. I did not realise that madmum had hijacked your post and apologise
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 889
Pictures: 0
Location: protaras

 
scottie wrote:
Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Scottie, you are mixing my threads with Madmums to give the worst possible view. I would not be getting anything without a prescription and I am not convinced that getting tabs in the north is any worse than in the ROC. In fact counterfeit drugs have been an issue in the UK a number of times.
I think your post has everything to do with your views with the north.
I would be happy if we could stick to the original reason for the post regarding if certain drugs named earlier can be obtained via the hospital rather than having to purchase them from the north, south or Timbuktu.
Paul.


I think it is confusion on both sides 😊 my response was to madmum , my fault entirely I should have said so . I have said I know for sure you can obtain statins and drugs for diabetics from the hospital pharmacy . However If there is a child involved who needs to see A psychiatrist I am sure there is someone in the hospital welfare department who can arrange for her to see the weekly one ASAP . She is not by the way a child psychiatrist but sees adults and children.. I did not realise that madmum had hijacked your post and apologise




My daughter does not "need" to see a psychiatrist at all!!!!! In fact does sees the private 1 in Nicosia every 2 months as is required to get the private prescriptions. But in UK only saw 1 for initial diagnosis years ago. after that on NHS only see nurse twice a year to review medication & instruct GP to prescribe.
We did investigate this before moving here a lot. was told by CAMHS in london that would just have to swap to concerta which is same drug as ritalin & given a referral letter. You make it sound like shes got a serious complaint which she hasnt. just is very hyper & talkative which can cause problems at school

Dont think we will get round the driving 40 mins to Nicosia but as even the receptionist at general hospital told us the GP can just transfer our private prescription on to a hospital one it is worth it to save 50 euro a month cost of drugs. But GP said they are talking bullshit & not allowed to do this
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
scottie
Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 7004
Pictures: 0
Location: kapparis

 
madmum wrote:
scottie wrote:
Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
Scottie, you are mixing my threads with Madmums to give the worst possible view. I would not be getting anything without a prescription and I am not convinced that getting tabs in the north is any worse than in the ROC. In fact counterfeit drugs have been an issue in the UK a number of times.
I think your post has everything to do with your views with the north.
I would be happy if we could stick to the original reason for the post regarding if certain drugs named earlier can be obtained via the hospital rather than having to purchase them from the north, south or Timbuktu.
Paul.


I think it is confusion on both sides 😊 my response was to madmum , my fault entirely I should have said so . I have said I know for sure you can obtain statins and drugs for diabetics from the hospital pharmacy . However If there is a child involved who needs to see A psychiatrist I am sure there is someone in the hospital welfare department who can arrange for her to see the weekly one ASAP . She is not by the way a child psychiatrist but sees adults and children.. I did not realise that madmum had hijacked your post and apologise




My daughter does not "need" to see a psychiatrist at all!!!!! In fact does sees the private 1 in Nicosia every 2 months as is required to get the private prescriptions. But in UK only saw 1 for initial diagnosis years ago. after that on NHS only see nurse twice a year to review medication & instruct GP to prescribe.
We did investigate this before moving here a lot. was told by CAMHS in london that would just have to swap to concerta which is same drug as ritalin & given a referral letter. You make it sound like shes got a serious complaint which she hasnt. just is very hyper & talkative which can cause problems at school

Dont think we will get round the driving 40 mins to Nicosia but as even the receptionist at general hospital told us the GP can just transfer our private prescription on to a hospital one it is worth it to save 50 euro a month cost of drugs. But GP said they are talking bullshit & not allowed to do this


A GP at the general hospital CANNOT prescribe even anti depressants. The patient has to be seen by a psychiatrist initially and a prescription is given for usually around 3 months. A repeat prescription can be obtained once a month for said 3 months. After the allotted time the GP cannot renew , the patient has to see the psychiatrist and obtain another prescription written by her. You are not being treated any differently to any other patient in this respect .
My suggestion was ...........have a word at the hospital and as it is a child involved someone just may be able to bring an appointment forward. Where does it appear in my posts that your child has a major problem ? Believe it or not I was trying to help and it did sound fairly urgent initially . Enjoy your evening 😊
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Tablets 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 2 of 2  
Goto page Previous  1, 2


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags: #Tablets



 Link To Cyprus Eastern Forum    YouTube Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version