Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Car Hire Companies » UK car hire
UK car hire 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:36 am Reply with quote
Her indoors
Pictures: 0

Are there any companies in UK that don't require credit card as the rules seem to have changed since I last hired.

I have a debit card but not a credit card

Thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

Like you I only have Debit cards and no Credit cards at all.
But, despite what most car hire terms and conditions say, they do accept Debit cards..
You just need to contact them by phone or email to make sure that the one you want to use will accept a Debit Card.

Hertz and Europcar are two we have used in the last 12 months.

Trev..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Her indoors and everyone else hiring a car in the UK.

I was told by a hire company to book a car late on Saturday evening - that way you'll find the cheapest price.

I look at the car hire websites around 23:00 on a Saturday - it works!

Cheers,

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
SOUNREADY

I used Enterprise with a debit card, they require 200 pounds deposit which is quickly returned on safe return of car.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 pm Reply with quote
madmum

i had car from sixt at heathrow airport 2 weeks ago. terms & conditions stated must have credit card when collecting. but got to desk, handed them credit card & girl said if you have the card you booked with do you want to use that. maybe as had the no excess offer as not much more. think the needing credit card is so they can reserve money on it which say cant be done on the debit card or maybe girl couldnt be bothered taken another cards details.
UK car hire 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Car Hire Companies