Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Swimming Pools & Spas in Cyprus » Pool cover
Pool cover 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:51 am Reply with quote
gigi
Pictures: 0

Hi everyone, can anybody tell me the average price of a pool cover for an 8x 4metre pool in larnaca, cannot seem to find much information regarding price.
Thanks Gina
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
chris
Pictures: 1

Our cover cost CY£1,200 (€2,050) in 2008; it's an 'Under Cover' which runs on rails built into the side of the pool. The winding mechanism is housed in a pit at the end of the pool.

Any cover fitted to an existing pool will be an 'Over Cover', where the winding mechanism and rails are above ground.

The company we used is Saratoga Swimming Pools:

19 Yiannou Kranidioti Street
Kato Polemidia, Limassol
Telephone: 25334676
Fax: 25334958
Email:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

There are several other companies in Cyprus who would be able to install a cover, try Googling 'swimming pool covers cyprus'

Chris

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

When we were planning our pool we went down the route of investigating pool covers and contacted several pool companies who all asked 'why do you need one?'
With a good summer / winter pool cleaning regime in place which will remove accumulated waste and maintain water quality why spend upwards of €3k on an unnecessary cover.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
mark
Pictures: 2

JonandGaynor wrote:
When we were planning our pool we went down the route of investigating pool covers and contacted several pool companies who all asked 'why do you need one?'
With a good summer / winter pool cleaning regime in place which will remove accumulated waste and maintain water quality why spend upwards of €3k on an unnecessary cover.

An uncovered 9x4.5m pool will lose 2500-5000 litres of water A WEEK due to evaporation during the hot summer. The amount will depend on humidity and amount of wind.

We compared our water consumption for an entire year before and after getting a pool cover and in 1 year we saved over €400 in water costs. Ours is not actually a safety cover (with rails) it is a heat reflecting floating cover and with the roller it only cost €350 so it more than paid for itself in a year.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:39 am Reply with quote
Jascat

I know this is an old post.
I would like to get a pool cover with roller. The main object is to slow down the water evaporation during summer, while still able to use the pool.
Not wanting to spend a fortune, or it defeats the object of the idea.
A cost in the region of what Mark spent sounds good.
I would like to know where he got his?

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
mark
Pictures: 2

Hi Jascat,

I got the cost wrong... I think it was about €350 for the cover, the roller was extra, about €150 I think.

Would you be wanting a heat reflecting cover (does not extend swimming season) or one that does raise the temperature a few degrees thus extending the swimming season (but would need to be off in peak of summer otherwise water would get too hot)?

If it's the latter then I'd recommend you speak to Lloyd at Safe.T.First I think they are a sponsor of the forum -
they can also sort you out with a roller although the ones they sell look better quality than mine so will likely cost more than mine did.

They sell the Geobubble covers which means they have a longer life because of stronger bubbles. I just replaced my 8 year old CoolGuard (heat reflecting) cover with a new GeoBubble CoolGuard one as the old one had popped a few too many bubbles!

Safe.T.First don't sell the CoolGuard heat reflecting type though. If you want one of those you'll have to find a supplier online. You'll find it difficult to find one who will ship to Cyprus but don't worry about that, do what I did and use
to get it here - it cost €75 I think, all you do is get the supplier to deliver to lhukcy's UK dispatch centre in Hemel Hempstead and wait a month or so for the container to arrive, then go and pick up the cover from Paphos or get them to ship to you in their van.

I actually had an arrangement with the cover manufacturer to get mine (they don't normally sell direct to customers). If you contact them they should be able to give you a list of companies who could supply the CoolGuard version - but tell them you don't need it shipped to Cyprus, just to Hemel Hempstead!

Mark.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 am Reply with quote
Jascat

Thanks for the info Mark.
Pool cover 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Swimming Pools & Spas in Cyprus