Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Government plans animal welfare police force
Government plans animal welfare police force 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:41 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

The government will create an animal police force tasked with investigating
abuse, Justice Minister Ionas Nicolaou said on Monday... [
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

]

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Pictures: 0

The proof of the pudding.........
The comments attached to the article aren't too hopeful but I hope they address the poisoning issue. We only take our dogs to the Kapparis dog beach because of the risks.

btw when I opened the Cyprus Mail article, 1 of the adverts was for a bank in the TRNC (that's as shown). Is that normal?
Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
madmum

sounds good if it ever happens. but wasnt something similar supposed to have happened before. obviously need to find & charge the evil people that are poisoning. mainly aimed at feral cats but quite near us it has killed pet cats & dogs. according to a local it has been going on for years. what if a small child picked some up. also take our dogs to the dog beach but who's to say some weirdo wont leave anything there. beach is popular for having night time bbq's and often food left around which dogs are so quick to grab

just as important is to promote neutering. in my small road there is 3 litters of kittens. some possibly ferals but at least 1 mum belongs to residents. so cant see them looking after another 4 cats who will in turn produce more.

local vets MedVets are advertising free microchipping. be good of some offered cheap neutering. told 70 euro for a Tom cat. its cheap by UK standards but there is 3 feral boys i would love to get neutered. so looks like only the easiest to catch will get done.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
The comments attached to the article aren't too hopeful

That's not unusual these days - regardless of the subject.

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
btw when I opened the Cyprus Mail article, 1 of the adverts was for a bank in the TRNC (that's as shown). Is that normal?
Paul.

Most likely a Google Ad which have to be blocked on a site-by-site basis
when they are spotted. Unfortunately sites can't block by a subject wildcard
which then means you have to wait to see them then block them one by one.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
jeba

madmum wrote:
be good of some offered cheap neutering. told 70 euro for a Tom cat.

A friend of mine is volunteering for an animal welfare organisation in Larnaca. I was told they only pay 30 for neutering a female cat and 20 for a tomcat. If needed I can try to find out more details. Just let me know.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 pm Reply with quote
madmum

jeba wrote:
madmum wrote:

A friend of mine is volunteering for an animal welfare organisation in Larnaca. I was told they only pay 30 for neutering a female cat and 20 for a tomcat. If needed I can try to find out more details. Just let me know.

would like more info please. is this a thing local to larnaca as we are in protaras. think you can buy vouchers from a local charity shop who raise money for animals. will ask next time i take daughters outgrown clothes

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:45 pm Reply with quote
jeba

madmum wrote:
jeba wrote:
madmum wrote:

would like more info please. is this a thing local to larnaca as we are in protaras. think you can buy vouchers from a local charity shop who raise money for animals. will ask next time i take daughters outgrown clothes

Will try to find out details. However, I think this is a local thing in Larnaca.
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus