Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters » Car shipping to Limassol from Greece
Car shipping to Limassol from Greece 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
szabika0072
Pictures: 0

Hi everybody. I want to find a good reliable company which ships cars from GREECE to CYPRUS, not from UK. I have a british car, but i will come across the Europe because i have many things to do so i need the car, and thatsway i want to come from Greece, send the car via ship. Do anybody can help me with this?

Regards
Szabolcs Balint
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
Pirate
Pictures: 1

There used to be a Grimaldi freighter from Salerno in Italy to Limassol. Don't know if it is still running though...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
szabika0072

I know its not a ferry. I ask container shiping company, whichone is the best?
And of course not so expensive

Thank you
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm Reply with quote
kitkarman

Grimaldi is still doing Salerno to Limassol if you want to travel with the car.

Piraeus to Limassol have to put car on and fly as there is no passport control only in cruise port.

Arrive with car you can drive off pay port fees and get your 10/15 day pass then take back to pay duty etc

I can let you know a agent in UK who can book it for you or use Cyprus Cruise I have used both.

The trip from Salerno will take you around 7 to 10 days all food and drnk included eat in officer dining room

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Dysco

You could try Salamis, they have a weekly RORO service from Greece to Limassol, basically for trucks but their website mentions rolling vehicles.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
L33der

Hi
I know this is a year old post, but I am wanting to drive to Cyprus in my Cobra replica as I have a place in Peyia, for my 60th, September 2020 ?
I will not be keeping the car in Cyprus so will either drive it back or ship it back within the 6 months? This is for a touring/road trip, so was wanting to drive through europe, through Italy, ferry from Italy to Greece, drive across Greece, than because of the lack of a RORO get car to Limossol via ship, and fly to Pahos?
Does any one have any advice, info to help? I see Kitkarman had some good info above, and as a petrolhead myself, would be interested if you have any other info tips please?
Cheers
Colin Very Happy

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

L33der wrote:
Hi
I know this is a year old post, but I am wanting to drive to Cyprus in my Cobra replica as I have a place in Peyia, for my 60th, September 2020 ?
I will not be keeping the car in Cyprus so will either drive it back or ship it back within the 6 months? This is for a touring/road trip, so was wanting to drive through europe, through Italy, ferry from Italy to Greece, drive across Greece, than because of the lack of a RORO get car to Limossol via ship, and fly to Pahos?
Does any one have any advice, info to help? I see Kitkarman had some good info above, and as a petrolhead myself, would be interested if you have any other info tips please?
Cheers
Colin Very Happy

As Kitkarman says get freighter from Italy direct to Limassol or risk the ro-ro from a port in Greece (it is not Piraeus).

http://www.salamisshipping.com/images/media/assetfile/Shipping/2018/ALEXO_OCT.pdf

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 am Reply with quote
bubblechris

My advice would be to drive from Italy to Greece. Take the coast road and enjoy the fantastic views.

I promise you won't regret it.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Car shipping to Limassol from Greece 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Motor Matters