Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Travel with dogs
Travel with dogs 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
jeanparsons
Pictures: 0

We have just bought a house in Sotira and would like to come over for longer periods but have 2 small dogs and would like to bring them with us when we do a longer stay. We normally fly from Heathrow. Does anyone know approx. cost involved and how easy is it?
Any info would be appreciated.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Do I understand the dogs would fly between the UK and CY? It would cost you nearly 1000/per trip from CY to UK for 2 dogs.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

We are researching bringing a labrador and a cat from the UK to Cyprus. Received a lot of misleading information from people in the industry that should have known better. The most likely choice for us will be Aegean from Heathrow and prices are not too bad if you travel on the same flight. For a dog and cage over 25kg it's 150 euro.
If you send them by cargo without you flying then very expensive.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

We wanted to use Thomas Cook as they take pets and we were told that we could fly from Bristol. After a lot of checks and being told by the helpline at Bristol Airport and an export agent that we could use Bristol we found out they have no ground agents to process pets. They can fly into Bristol though.

I believe that TC from Gatwick is an option also.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
madmum

BA will fly dogs from heathrow. brought 4 cats & 3 dogs for just under 4000 but didnt get a breakdown for each animal
Will be more expensive the first time as will have to buy the travel crates, and get rabies jabs & passports. but after that only need rabies done once a year & the fit to fly cerificate & worm flea tick treatment from vet just before each flight.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Well I have booked with Aegean to bring our labrador and cat to Larnaca from Heathrow. I simply booked my wife and I on the flight online as usual.
I phoned Aegean prior to booking and they said just bring the animals in their cages to T2 with all their documents and pay for them then. 150 euros for the lab and 85 for the cat. They did say they cannot bring animals into Heathrow only send.
Just have to reserve their place once I know the total weights of pet and crate.
Paul.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:36 am Reply with quote
jeanparsons

Thank you all for the info, I will follow up. Thanks again

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:53 pm Reply with quote
monty1

Contact Anne Parson on 00357 96877424 - Annies Animal Ark

Anne can fly dogs out from the UK and back for you.

Aegean are good for coming from the UK - but you can't fly the dogs back direct to the UK from Larnaca. They usually go back via Paris and then the tunnel back into the UK which you also have to book the dogs onto.

Good luck

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

Contact Worldwide pet travel

Andreea 96542597

She can mackerel the arrangements for you.

Pls tel her Panayiotis passed you over to her.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
madmum

we used an agency transfur or something like that. went with them as brought 3 dogs & 4 cats & all seemed very confusing. cost just under 4000 for all 7. was collected from house taken to heathrow for flight.
not likely will ever move them again but would be a lot cheaper as know what to do now plus have the crates.
as said rabies jab only once a year so think only need vet check fit to fly & flea, tick & worm to return to uk.

We were worried about it all but went suprisingly smoothly & all arrived looking happy just glad to be let out

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

Well we arrived early hours this morning with 3 labradors and a very pi55ed off cat. No real issues but a couple of points to note.
At Heathrow we took the dogs into the terminal on leads as not practical to take 4 loaded crates into the terminal. The rules say no uncrated dogs but nobody seemed to mind.
Do not cable tie the crate doors until the last minute as the animals have to be removed from the crates for security inspection.
At Larnaca the crates arrived on large baggage trollies and we were told that these could not be removed from the baggage hall and the dogs were not to be removed from their crates. When I asked how we could get out of the airport I got the Cyprus shrug. When we saw another traveller walking around with her dog on a lead we did the same and again nobody gave a monkeys.
Overall not a bad experience and a smidge under 500 for 3 dogs and a cat.
The cat is hiding behind the settee and not pleased at all. The dogs think it's great.
Paul.
Travel with dogs 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus