Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Poison at Alaminos beach
Poison at Alaminos beach 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 pm Reply with quote
bowie
Pictures: 0

Was out with the dogs this evening at the beach I take them along the cliff track nice walk never any problems, A lovely gentleman has been staying in his camper van in the car park for some weeks now would often see him out with his dog ,,,I met him tonight he told me to be very careful he was out walking his dog a few days ago all was OK three hours later the dog was dead he had eaten poison ,,,needless to say I came home just not worth the risk,,,,,,so if you walk your dogs at Alaminos please be careful ,,,,,,,,
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Poison at Alaminos beach 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:58 pm Reply with quote
madmum

bowie wrote:
Was out with the dogs this evening at the beach I take them along the cliff track nice walk never any problems, A lovely gentleman has been staying in his camper van in the car park for some weeks now would often see him out with his dog ,,,I met him tonight he told me to be very careful he was out walking his dog a few days ago all was OK three hours later the dog was dead he had eaten poison ,,,needless to say I came home just not worth the risk,,,,,,so if you walk your dogs at Alaminos please be careful ,,,,,,,,

where is Alaminos beach?? happens quite a lot near us at kapparis & ayia triada. poison put down by the cat haters intended for the ferals but of course killing the pet cats & dogs. is a worry as 2 of our 3 dogs would eat anything they find so avoid these areas
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
bowie

From the car park just before you get to the beach up the stairs going to the cliff top ,that's all I know it's getting harder to find a safe place to walk the dogs last month in Skarinou village my neighbors brother was so angry someone had put poison down and four of the cat he has looked after since baby's died , I
don't walk them round the village anymore ,,,,, it's not getting any better that's for sure ,,,,,,,

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

bowie wrote:
From the car park just before you get to the beach up the stairs going to the cliff top ,

Just to add - this is in Larnaca, Kiti area.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
bowie

Sorry Steve i should of said your right it is Larnaca area but not kiti it's past mazatos , funny we were on the beach last week and my sister mentioned the cats had gone from the beach now we know why ,,,,

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
madmum

bowie wrote:
From the car park just before you get to the beach up the stairs going to the cliff top ,that's all I know it's getting harder to find a safe place to walk the dogs last month in Skarinou village my neighbors brother was so angry someone had put poison down and four of the cat he has looked after since baby's died , I
don't walk them round the village anymore ,,,,, it's not getting any better that's for sure ,,,,,,,

Sadly lots think they are a nuisance so just kill them. and not just the locals.
Poison at Alaminos beach 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus