Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Looking for a reliable Cypruit solicitor
Looking for a reliable Cypruit solicitor 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:12 pm Reply with quote
IanJ
Pictures: 0

I'm looking for a reliable honest solicitor to assist me in a house purchase over in Cyprus.

Have you got any recommendations

Regards

Ian
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote
jeff60

lack of replies probably says it all!!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Lindy

Adamos Hadjichristdoulou, behind the Bank of Cyprus in Paralimni. Found him to be pretty good. He was recommended to me by a friend of a friend. As far as I know, he still has a good reputation.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Ian

The British High Commission in Nicosia publishes a list of lawyers that you can find at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/613504/Lawyers_List_South_Cyprus_May_2017.pdf

Regards,

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Lindy wrote:
Adamos Hadjichristdoulou, behind the Bank of Cyprus in Paralimni. Found him to be pretty good. He was recommended to me by a friend of a friend. As far as I know, he still has a good reputation.

If he is just up from traffic lights if you turn left then he is the Adamos we used. was fine just found no communication until email saying come & pay money from house. guess just used to the regular updates you get when buying in uk which seems doesnt happen here whoever you use

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

We used G Kouzalis LLC on 1st April St. No problems, regular communications and everything went through smoothly, would certainly use them again.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Lindy

madmum wrote:
Lindy wrote:

If he is just up from traffic lights if you turn left then he is the Adamos we used. was fine just found no communication until email saying come & pay money from house. guess just used to the regular updates you get when buying in uk which seems doesnt happen here whoever you use

Depends which direction you're travelling in, I guess. Coming up 1st April St from the Lidl/M&S end, you turn RIGHT at the main traffic lights, then sharp right again, which leads to limited car parking. Adamos did the job we hired him for, ie the conveyancing of the off-plan house we bought in 2004. Emails are not dealt with speedily in Cyprus, though they are MUCH better than they were in 2004. I'd still happily recommend him.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

Jeff60.8 mins you gave for lack of replies ?? patience me lad !!

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
tonyl

JonandGaynor wrote:
We used G Kouzalis LLC on 1st April St. No problems, regular communications and everything went through smoothly, would certainly use them again.

Would second that.

(Anyone here old enough to remember "The Shadows" Think )

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
JOHN & KAZ

Highly recommend Kouzalis, when we had a problem with developer trying to change the plans for our apartment he was straight onto them, sorted in our favour within days

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
markpark9740

Louise Zambartis, Limassol, only cyprus / UK qualified. Excellent and I'm not on commission.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

markpark9740 wrote:
Louise Zambartis, Limassol, only cyprus / UK qualified. Excellent and I'm not on commission.

I don't think so!

I would say most Cyprus lawyers obtained their LL.B and LL.M in the UK.

Member of the AIPP.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:20 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

I used Giovanni Kouzalis when he used to work for George Pittadjis some years ago. Very nice chap.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

markpark9740 wrote:

I have no problem with Louise, who is favoured by a number of expats. However she is just one of a number qualified and registered in both Cyprus and the UK

Anyone drawn to the link for the lawyers on the British High Commission list referred to by Nigel also needs to be aware of the fact that, according to the BHC, this only a list of English Speaking Lawyers they have compiled, not a list of recommended lawyers.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

[quote="journo"]
markpark9740 wrote:
Anyone drawn to the link for the lawyers on the British High Commission list referred to by Nigel also needs to be aware of the fact that, according to the BHC, this only a list of English Speaking Lawyers they have compiled, not a list of recommended lawyers.

That's correct - it's not a list of recommended lawyers - and one lawyer named in this thread has been struck off the list of English Speaking Lawyers and banned from posting in the forum.

Before being placed on the list the lawyer has to agree to abide by certain professional standards and conditions - and there is a process by which their clients who get a less than acceptable service can complain.

Regards.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:25 am Reply with quote
markpark9740

My recommendations for someone who acted for me against a developer who cocked up and tried to make out all was Ok. Would I buy again in Cyprus; you've got to be joking.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
IanJ

Thanks everyone
Looking for a reliable Cypruit solicitor 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question