Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Who owns capital ?
Who owns capital ? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quote
palmtree
Pictures: 0

Hi Nigel.just wondering this .If you buy a house but havnt got deeds.Who owns the capital ?.As I understood it the developer owns the house till transfer but if for some reason It can't be transferred ,and the buyer can't get at the capital or raise loans against etc.I heard that the the land etc are considered the assets of the developer.So two people can't own the same Capital or can they ?.Regards Palmtree.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:59 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi Palmtree

I don't understand your question - what is the 'capital'?

Regards,

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
emanon

Hello, I'm probably wrong, but do you mean the equity?
Without having Title Deeds, or the finalisation of Probate, I was able to sell a property held in my late husband, and my names.
May be you need to find a lawyer who will do this!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
palmtree

Thank you emanon. But your situation is different. Nigel capital as in the value of the house. Would I be regarded as having capital although the house is technically the developers. Could I say I own the capital or the developer. Hope this helps . Regards Palmtree

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
pantheman

palmtree wrote:
Thank you emanon. But your situation is different. Nigel capital as in the value of the house. Would I be regarded as having capital although the house is technically the developers. Could I say I own the capital or the developer. Hope this helps . Regards Palmtree

Check here, isn't your property covered??

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Hi palmtree

Until the property is registered in your name the house is legally (not technically) owned by the developer. This includes any capital tied up in the actual property.

Regards,

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

Thank you Nigel. That has cleared that up.Pan your post was indeed very big news to me . Cheers and thank you for posting . Regards palmtree.
Who owns capital ? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question