Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Banking & Insurance » Hellenic bank credit card policy.
Hellenic bank credit card policy. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
Jascat
Pictures: 0

I found out today, that it is Hellenic bank policy to withdraw your credit card once you reach pension age.
Discrimination at its worst.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:14 am Reply with quote
jeannie

We have their credit card and are past retirement age. However, we have to keep enough in a savings account to cover the amount of the credit we want and that is blocked (just in case we do a runner!).
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Hellenic bank credit card policy. 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Jascat wrote:
I found out today, that it is Hellenic bank policy to withdraw your credit card once you reach pension age.

Nonsense! I have both their credit and debit cards and I'm 84!

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Mrs K. had her credit card surgically removed, at the age of 75, by a very apologetic man at the Hellenic who said that his father couldn't get one.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Jascat

devil wrote:
Jascat wrote:

Lucky you.
Perhaps the bank manager told me a pack of lies?
Re: Hellenic bank credit card policy. 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
Dave B

Jascat wrote:
devil wrote:
Jascat wrote:

Lucky you.
Perhaps the bank manager told me a pack of lies?

The Devil is both well connected and loaded Arrow Big Money

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

Dave B wrote:

The Devil is both well connected and loaded

Wrong on both counts. Any connections I had before retirement have long since gone and, in any case, I have(had) none in Cyprus. I am certainly not loaded, living on state pensions for other½ and myself.
Sad Sad

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Dave B

devil wrote:
Dave B wrote:

The Devil is both well connected and loaded

Wrong on both counts. Any connections I had before retirement have long since gone and, in any case, I have(had) none in Cyprus. I am certainly not loaded, living on state pensions for other½ and myself.
Sad Sad

But you did fall for the bait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:01 am Reply with quote
cy

jeannie wrote:
We have their credit card and are past retirement age. However, we have to keep enough in a savings account to cover the amount of the credit we want and that is blocked (just in case we do a runner!).

I know they do the same for people below pension age. EU citizens that do not own a property here. The latter fact makes a lot of difference in a lot of things here.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:36 am Reply with quote
romatarot

Jascat wrote:

Unless you have an equivalent balance on deposit? Quite the contrary. Discrimination at its best. Sensible banking policy.

Conservative lending policy. You will note that Hellenic Bank has a healthy balance sheet.

It may be unpopular with some, but it will conserve funds for those whose capital is invested in Hellenic Bank.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Not much point in having credit card then if have the credit limit amount frozen in bank account. might as well just use debit card,
only used my uk credit card once since moved here to hire a car where they insist on having credit card. once have yellow slip not sure if will still insist on this

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:30 am Reply with quote
romatarot

madmum wrote:
Not much point in having credit card then if have the credit limit amount frozen in bank account. might as well just use debit card,
only used my uk credit card once since moved here to hire a car where they insist on having credit card. once have yellow slip not sure if will still insist on this

You're quite right. In the UK unsecured borrowing is encouraged and lauded from the rooftops. Even more encouraged is the habit of allowing interest to accrue on the account. Canny folk pay off their credit cards before interest is applied. Credit Card companies in UK try to get rid of these customers.

If we all eschew credit as far as we can afford, banks would be discouraged from treating us like idiots.
Hellenic bank credit card policy. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Banking & Insurance