Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » Congratulations
Congratulations 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:10 am Reply with quote
murray
Pictures: 0

Congratulations to Liverpool, although not a great game, it's a magnificent trophy to win after a magnificent season for them, well done Clap

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

You don't say!! 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

"Not a great game" Shocked .....that's something of an understatement!! Laughing

Still, when you get two non champions playing in the 'Champions League' Cup Final what can one expect?!! Smile

And if the Spuds continue next season as they finished this it will be a miracle if they're not relegated!! Big Smile

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:44 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Congratulations to Liverpool.

'The beautiful game'?

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote
paterson

WW, If Liverpool are in your eyes, not worthy CL finalists, please enlighten me?
As for my current thoughts to your post?

qqq ttttt a pppp uu gggggggg. (could not print what I think, on a public site).

Tony
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: You don't say!! 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

paterson wrote:
WW, If Liverpool are in your eyes, not worthy CL finalists, please enlighten me?
As for my current thoughts to your post?

qqq ttttt a pppp uu gggggggg. (could not print what I think, on a public site).

Tony

Merely observing that as neither side had been Premier League 'champions' in 2018, the term "Champions League" is something of a misnomer! Cool

As for your last 'sentence' Confused, yes I understand you have difficulties in expressing yourself! Laughing

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Congrats to the scousers (begrudgingly) but that has to be one of (if not) the worst CL finals I have ever seen. Spurs will never have a better chance to lift this trophy, both sides were woeful at times and the scousers were there for the taking (not seen them play that bad all season) but spurs were once again found wanting when it really mattered.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:09 pm Reply with quote
lamby

Went to bed 20mins from full time...never done that before watching a CL final.after all the hype,not a great advertisement in the end for the EPL.if anything,the semi-finals were much better to watch.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
sagalout

You donít have to be the lge champion to enter the competition!
Top 4 all entered & out of that PL group & the other leagues 2teams thru a mini set of legs., then a knockout get to the final. Why does that process make Liverpool less of champions?
Sagalout

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

I don't watch much footie nowadays. Although, I used to be quite a loyal hammers fan, having been dragged up in a ghetto from where we could hear the Boleyn crowd roaring.

Anyway, I got invited out by a bunch of mates to watch the match. Given it's importance - and the highly recommended Merlot - I accepted. They'd marked a table, in a very nice - max capacity booked (Inside and out) - taverna.

I'm not a Spurs fan but thought - as a Londoner - I should get into the swing of things.

So - there I was - this small splash of black and white - in a sea of red. Shocked Laughing

I have to say - not a great game. I'm not sure what the detailed rules are on hand ball but thought that 2 minute moment was pushing them a bit.

My commiserations to the likes of Mouse and Blossom but - I got out safe. Very Happy

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

sagalout wrote:
Top 4 all entered & out of that PL group & the other leagues 2teams thru a mini set of legs., then a knockout get to the final. Why does that process make Liverpool less of champions?
Sagalout

OMG!! Laughing Laughing Firstly I did not say, nor believe, that Liverpool are 'less of champions' because of that system! Confused

My comment was, to the most part, tongue in cheek because it was such a c**p game, but also highlighted the absurdity of calling the Competition the Champions League when teams as low as fourth get to enter! Cool

And, it it helps, I realise that as a West Ham fan it's not something that should concern me too much!! Crying or Very sad Laughing

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:11 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
sagalout wrote:
Sagalout

OMG!! Laughing Laughing Firstly I did not say, nor believe, that Liverpool are 'less of champions' because of that system! Confused

My comment was, to the most part, tongue in cheek because it was such a c**p game, but also highlighted the absurdity of calling the Competition the Champions League when teams as low as fourth get to enter! Cool

And, it it helps, I realise that as a West Ham fan it's not something that should concern me too much!! Crying or Very sad Laughing

I would have thought even the most myopic amongst us would have seen your post was in jest, but evidently not Laughing I see the spuds have cancelled their plans to have a trophy room built at their shiny new stadium. Very Happy

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

No congrats from any Spuds supporters I see Wink

Still waiting, not holding breath though Wink

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955