Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » medical cards
medical cards 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Pictures: 0

Finally got our 3 correct S1 forms today. reading the back of form citizens centre gave me, along with EU pensioners says single person earning no more than 17k a year or with dependant 30k plus higher limitfor more than 1 dependant is eligible also for the medical card for cheap/free healthcare.
So if i'm reading it right we have income from pensions of 20000 so would we have got card just the same without the S1's?????
No mention of savings being taken into account which seems a bit odd
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: medical cards 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
spanner

madmum wrote:
Finally got our 3 correct S1 forms today. reading the back of form citizens centre gave me, along with EU pensioners says single person earning no more than 17k a year or with dependant 30k plus higher limitfor more than 1 dependant is eligible also for the medical card for cheap/free healthcare.
So if i'm reading it right we have income from pensions of 20000 so would we have got card just the same without the S1's?????

Yes, you would be eligible provided you had paid social insurance contributions here for a particular period, which I think is 3 years.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
madmum

spanner wrote:
madmum wrote:

Yes, you would be eligible provided you had paid social insurance contributions here for a particular period, which I think is 3 years.

Didn't say that but guessed more to it than what's on form or most non working expats would qualify

Got them this morning anyway. Surprised how quick & easy. Waited 10 mins then took 5 mins. Got letters as temporary health cards. Valid 2 months until get cards in post

Now going to town hall tomorrow to register 3 dogs & 4 cats. Should be fun
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
IJM

Glad you got your all sorted. We gave up on getting ours. My wife works here and pays her SI and I'm not working with no income, every time we go to the citizens centre we get different conditions for health care. She is entitled but as a dependent I am not unless I claim unemployment benefit which we don't need and as I am not seeking work so i'm not really entitled too anyway. At first we were told I can be covered by my wife's contributions ( which we were for one year) but now say I have to claim unemployment to get it. So I must claim money from the government I don't need to get cover. They won't issue her card until I claim unemployment.
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
scottie

madmum wrote:
spanner wrote:
madmum wrote:

Didn't say that but guessed more to it than what's on form or most non working expats would qualify

Got them this morning anyway. Surprised how quick & easy. Waited 10 mins then took 5 mins. Got letters as temporary health cards. Valid 2 months until get cards in post

Now going to town hall tomorrow to register 3 dogs & 4 cats. Should be fun

They wouldn't mention it because its not so if you are in receipt of a state pension . Glad you got it sorted out,
You shouldn't have a problem with the dogs and was not aware you had to register cats but things change here daily Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Know what you mean about being told different things. Couldn't get yellow slip as S1 only in husbands name. Yet today told didn't need to take 3 forms as dependants of pensioners automatically covered. Which immigration said no to.
Anyway now got appointment 5th July to show out S1s & pay. Hoping don't come up with something else we need
medical cards 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
emanon

I have noticed that my card states that my details say 'E121 SF 31/05/19. This is on the label for oncology. Can anyone explain this please?

at

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 am Reply with quote
trevnhil

It seems to me that the card was issued to you because you used an E121 form to apply for the Cyprus medical card
The date I believe refers to when the Medical card will expire.

Trev..

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:44 am Reply with quote
mac69

Mine also has E121 on it and I applied using S1 , I think it is just that the Cyprus system has not been updated yet .

As Trev says the date will be the date of expiry , they sent my renewal out in plenty of time .

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote
milano

E121 with expiry date 31.5.2020 on mine. Be interesting to see what happens with medical cards that come up for renewal either during the BREXIT talks or when BREXIT is completed.

KIZI

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

I suppose it will depend if the reciprocal agreement is still in place.

But I have read that it was in place before Cyprus joined the EU, and of course it is a benefit tho Cypriots in the UK..

Trev..
Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
madmum

scottie wrote:
madmum wrote:
spanner wrote:
madmum wrote:

Now going to town hall tomorrow to register 3 dogs & 4 cats. Should be

fun

They wouldn't mention it because its not so if you are in receipt of a state pension . Glad you got it sorted out,
You shouldn't have a problem with the dogs and was not aware you had to

register cats but things change here daily Very Happy

had no problem with dogs. just took ages for 3 me filling in form for each then man putting on computer
Dont have to register cats but can & its free. did mention it to vet nurse who said their microchip on their computer so on government vet files anyway. but thought would be an extra safe guard in case got lost. so says to man what about the 4 cats & gave him paperwork. looked shocked & said whats cat. says to him cat miaow. just looked at me as if crazy & said no!!!!!

Did read when dogs registered it was rule they had to wear registration tag on collar, did ask but didnt have a clue what i meant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
milano

Suppose when all comes to all it's a case of "we'll have to wait and see".
I don't know if the arrangement was in place before Cyprus joined EU but don't suppose that will make much difference if the powers that be decide otherwise.

And maybe the other EU member states could put pressure on Cyprus to end the agreement because UK is no longer an EU member and such an agreement isn't in EU interests.

KIZI

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:16 pm Reply with quote
scottie

milano wrote:
Suppose when all comes to all it's a case of "we'll have to wait and see".
I don't know if the arrangement was in place before Cyprus joined EU but don't suppose that will make much difference if the powers that be decide otherwise.

And maybe the other EU member states could put pressure on Cyprus to end the agreement because UK is no longer an EU member and such an agreement isn't in EU interests.

KIZI

No ,not members of the EU but don't forget the old word Commonwealth lol
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
medical cards 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines