Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Warning
Warning 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
emanon
Pictures: 0

I was in Destalo Care Home for a period following a serious operation, and have been trying to obtain certain information from the manager, Barry.
Now the Destalo appears to be under new ownership, I went, by appointment, to see the new owner last Saturday. The above Barry used foul language at me, and threatened me.
When the owner was leaving their joint office, Barry leapt at me, trying to snatch my mobile phone from me. In doing so he injured my face from my eye all the way down.
On going to the Police, I was asked to go to A&E for an assessment of my injuries, still hurting. The Police have been wonderful, and are dealing with the matter.
Barry is a big 'man' so lunging at me as he did was bound to end in my being injured.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

What did you ask him that riled him so much?

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Why did he want your phone? Or had you recorded your meeting and he didn't like it.

From your previous post about this home, it doesn't seem like you were well looked after.

Hope your feeling better and Police do take action for you.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
emanon

Thank you for your concerns.
I had been asking for a financial statement for over a year, including a statement of what he spent of my additional money (I wasn't allowed any, ever, not even to have a newspaper) and went, by appointment, to see the new owner, saying that I wanted a private meeting.
That's what appears to have set him off, and I have now found something that I have long suspected; no wonder he didn't want me to let me have certain information.
No, I wasn't recording him on my phone; when I was in Destalo, I wasn't allowed to have my mobile, only speak to my sons in front of him. He kept saying that he was waiting for a new battery to arrive! My laptop was damaged, so I had no contact with anyone, other by using a resident's mobile, in one case in order to call the Police as I was being beaten around the head by 2 of his staff. I was physically and mentally abused during my stay.
When the fire happened Barry didn't ensure that every floor had been cleared of residents, and it was fortunate that I had eventually obtained a key to my door (I was locked in every night around 5.00pm, as were others) and go through the smoke pouring into my room and drew attention from the firemen.
All these comments are 100% true, and can be verified.
As I said in my statement to the Police he [Edit] should not have acted like he did to anyone, yet alone a 'mature' woman with cancer and heart disease.
I could say more, but can't prove it.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

What a horrifying read! I can only wish you are recovering mentally as well as physically.

Bless.

Erm, can't think of anything...........

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Let's hope the police file against him and also the two members of staff who molested you.
What a living nightmare at the hands of evil, despicable people.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Adding this to the thread:

emanon wrote:
further to my comments concerning my being assaulted by Barry, the Manager of Destalo -thank you to those who kindly gave me their sympathy, and |I'm now having to an eye infection as one of the results, |I'm now able to give you information to do with finances, something I couldn't previous prove but suspected for a long time, the very kind SAAFA lady obtained an official receipt for the fees I paid. The receipt, however, didn't include the final month fee.

I have now found the receipt for that final month, issued on an unofficial one anyone can buy a book of. The receipt was given to me by Barry, showing that I paid cash. I have sent a copy of that receipt to the new owner.

I think that we can all come to the same conclusion. I'm still waiting for the statement showing how my other money was spent, asking for the receipts. I used to be a tax accountant so know only too well what can go on with, for example reclaiming VAT on things not actually bought by the claimant.
Warning 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines