Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Hobbies, Clubs & Learning » Konnos/Greko fishing
Konnos/Greko fishing 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote
SilkmaninCyprus
Pictures: 0

Does anyone know if there are any sea bass around Konnos or Greko and if there are what is the best method of fishing?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Konnos/Greko fishing 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:31 am Reply with quote
Gashead
Pictures: 1

Dave Hancox wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any sea bass around Konnos or Greko and if there are what is the best method of fishing?

I dive Cape Greco a lot, great viz, no fish.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

Morning gashead, do you know any places for snorkeling with a chance of seeing a variety of fish ?

Phil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
2diffs

badger wrote:
Morning gashead, do you know any places for snorkeling with a chance of seeing a variety of fish ?

Phil

Beaches off Kaparis going towards UN viewpoint... you will see a fair number of schools of Tsipourra some pipe fish and lots of black small fish. Some flatfish on the sand and the occasional weaver fish. I have seen ray and turtle off the Napa to Cape Greco beaches.

If you want variety try a pet shop Laughing

Fish from where I am going next month:

Tuna, Soft Shell Crab, Fish Vendor,

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
Gashead
Pictures: 1

badger wrote:

Phil

To be honest not really, the Eastern Med is very poor for diving. The only decent dive in Cyprus is the Zenobia. I guess anywhere with rocks will have the odd tiddlers and maybe octopus.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

I used to do a lot of snorkeling in the bays by the Cavo Maris Hotel in Protaras. Always large shoals of small black fish and wrasse around the rocks, as the water there goes deep quite quickly, also tube worms about 1.00m in length feeding on the sea bed. This was a few years ago mind!!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

I've tried numerous pet shops 2diffs, not one of them would let me get in the tanks. Laughing
Thanks to all others for suggestions.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
2diffs

badger wrote:
I've tried numerous pet shops 2diffs, not one of them would let me get in the tanks. Laughing
Thanks to all others for suggestions.
Laughing

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:15 am Reply with quote
Jetski

Plenty fish at green bay, Amberjacks ,barracuda, Bream, Damsel fish and of course turtles, easy to get in and out, just get there before the dive schools.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
SilkmaninCyprus

Where abouts is Green Bay?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Dave Hancox wrote:
Where abouts is Green Bay?

coming out of protaras towards ayia napa. just past the shops before going up hill. is sign posted. daughter scuba dives there and says loads of fish that they feed. but she is only 11 and easy to please.

not sure what its like now but in summer theres more divers than fishes. all the local dive centres go there
Konnos/Greko fishing 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Hobbies, Clubs & Learning