Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues » How to become a landlord?
How to become a landlord? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
jeba
Pictures: 0

My landlord sold the flat I´ve been renting and notified me only verbally. My request for a written notofication has been ignored. The new owner told me that she still doesn´t have title deeds. If I want to give notice of termination of my lease - to who must I adress it? Is the new owner already my landlord even though she has no title deeds?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

Why not give a copy of the termination letter to both parties..

Trev..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
jeba

trevnhil wrote:

Trev..

That would obviously be the easy solution. However, I need to negotiate some details beforehand. And for that I´d need to know who has is actually authorised to negotiate with me.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

jeba wrote:
trevnhil wrote:

Trev..

That would obviously be the easy solution. However, I need to negotiate some details beforehand. And for that I´d need to know who has is actually authorised to negotiate with me.

If your landlord SOLD the flat he is no longer the landlord, period.

He has no rights or say in any matter.

You need to speak to the new owner of the flat for any issues you may have.

Member of the AIPP.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
jeba

FSB Properties wrote:

Even if the new landlord doesn´t have title deeds yet and all information I have is only verbal (old landlord is ignoring my request for written confirmation that his rights and responsibilities have been transferred)?

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

jeba wrote:
FSB Properties wrote:

Even if the new landlord doesn´t have title deeds yet and all information I have is only verbal (old landlord is ignoring my request for written confirmation that his rights and responsibilities have been transferred)?

You don't have to have the title deeds to be the legal beneficial owner! A contract of sale will suffice.

If you want to test who the owner is, just don't pay the rent for a couple of months and see who comes to ask for it!!!!

Member of the AIPP.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:56 pm Reply with quote
jeba

FSB Properties wrote:

You don't have to have the title deeds to be the legal beneficial owner! A contract of sale will suffice.

Thanks, that´s what I wanted to know.

FSB Properties wrote:

If you want to test who the owner is, just don't pay the rent for a couple of months and see who comes to ask for it!!!!

Too late as I accidentally paid in advance (had forgotten I had already set up a standing order when transferring rent by wire transfer). But that wouldn´t have been the problem anyway as I was verbally instructed by previous owner to pay to new landlord.
How to become a landlord? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Legal Questions & Issues