Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post: #41   PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:36 am Reply with quote
May Wallace
Pictures: 9

Nearly there you two Smile

You'll be in Cyprus before you know it.

May Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #42   PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness
Pictures: 0

Well we have sorted the leaving do, will be held on the 5th April at our local pub. It is where we met, we also had our engagement party there so it seemed right to have our farewell bash there aswell. We have now got most of the new flat pack furniture sat in the garage, ebayed most of the stuff that isn't going and given away the rest. People are now being shown around the house ready for letting so its getting very strange. Still seems like ours as we have been here since the day it was built!
My brother and his partner had a little girl last sunday, Kiera Alice who weighed in at a healthy 8lbs 15oz but have not yet seen her as we are all full of colds and coffs at the moment. It means we can just dump 5 years of Madisons clothes on them, one less job trying to get rid of them. Hopefully only 10 more days of work and then the buisness will change hands, i will be here to help out if required but as you can immagine there is lots to still do with the move. Vanessa's car sold within a week and we only lost 150 in a year on it so we are well pleased, though she is missing it. Vanessa is now driving my pick up with ladders and pipe racks on it. She keeps getting asked by the mums at school if she is starting a window cleaning buisness. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Not long now, will post again before we go and then after we manage to get set up in the Villa.
Best wishes to all reading this and those making the move themselves, and a special thanks to Brian 16 for making us even more determined to make it work!!!!!! Wink
Dave, Vanessa, Madison and Finley
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Last day of work 
Post: #43   PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well it was my last day of work today as owner of my buisness. I will do any emergencys that come in over the weekend but that will be it.
I have been asked if i can work Monday/Tuesday next week as there is a big heating job that needs doing so will be an employee again for the 1st time in nearly 6 years since i left British Gas.
We have had 3 more peolple viewing the house as potential tennants, the couple tonight really liked it so i think they will move in. It is horrible having someone else show people around telling them all about it when it is us that have done all the work on it!
Still it will all be worth it in 3 weeks time when we arrive in Cyprus and get to see the new house again. We are looking forward to making a new home again with all our belongings and alot of new stuff aswell.
Madison has said for the 1st time tonight that she doesn't want to go to school in Cyprus, mind you she doesn't want to go here at the moment.
I am sure it is the begining of some difficult weeks ahead for her moving away and settling into a new school, house, town and country. We are losing the phone line soon, so will find it difficult to post but will update the diary as much as we can before we go.
Again best wishes to all reading this post.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #44   PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Dave,

Thanks for the update!

Another big step along the journey towards moving and bet it will seem
a bit strange come Monday morning! Good luck with the tenants - getting
the right ones can be a real weight off your mind.

Three weeks will no doubt fly by and I look forward to your updates
as and when you are able to.

Best of luck!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #45   PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:06 am Reply with quote
May Wallace

Hi there

Hope you are not late for your work on Monday - don't want to get sacked Laughing Laughing

Good luck with the house and the next 3 weeks will fly past .

Kids will be ok - you know what they like - they say they are not well and ten minutes later after you have called the doctor they are running around Shocked .

Look forward to hearing your final posts here in Uk

May Wink

Post: #46   PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Cheers everyone, the tennants shouldn't really worry us as the house is no longer ours to worry about but it still feels like our home and would like to see someone nice move in rather than someone who will reck it!
Monday will be very strange, have 1 job today so far so hopefully that will be it. Well if i am late and get sacked, what the hell, its a story to tell the kids etc.....
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dave
ITS ALL GONE PEAR SHAPED!!!!!! 
Post: #47   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well the last thing we worried about has happened, the sale of my buisness has fallen through. We were happily going along, vans etc all handed over then on Tuesday morning we had missed calls asking where we were as people were expecting calls for jobs. I phoned up to find out what was happening and was told that they no longer wanted the buisness or work. As you can imagine, we had a manic time cancelling shipping, account changes etc.....to stop the process of transition. We are abit lost at the moment, trying to sort work, paperwork, furniture etc.. out but probably wont make it over now untill next year. We have told Madddie we aren't going but not the full story as to what has happend. I told her the other night that the boat had broken down so it couldn't take our furniture over so we would have to wait. The school had arranged a suprise party for her and her class mates had all secretly been making cards for her. We cancelled the leaving do but went down the pub anyway with friends and only had 1 person turn up that hadn't heard what was going on. That is it for now i suppose regards the moving diary but will let everyone know what we are doing when we know ourselves. best wishes to all.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post: #48   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Dave,

So sorry to hear your news. I hope you can your find a new buyer soon
and get your plans back on track to move to Cyprus.

All the best.

Julie

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #49   PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

My goodness Dave, your heads must be absolutely spinning! How can people do this type of thing at the last minute........

Does this mean you have to start buying furniture etc., to replace the stuff you have sold/given away? Can't begin to say how sorry I am.

Janet

Post: #50   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Dave,

Sorry to hear that! Must be a stressful time for you and such a disappointment to have it happen at this stage. Hope that it all
comes good in the end and best of luck!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #51   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Dave
Sorry to hear about this, what a nightmare for you, I hope it all gets resolved quickly and then you can be on your way.

Elizabeth

Post: #52   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote
May Wallace

I'm really sorry to hear what has happened - after all your hard work and planning. Crying or Very sad

Keep your chin up you might still make it out this year.

What a get the person is who was buying your business - why wait till last minute as they know that you were moving abroad with two kids.

May Wink

Post: #53   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:32 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Dave and Ness - I just can't believe your luck!! How can somebody let you down at the last hurdle I am so sorry. I have been reading your moving diary and you have been so positive about your move ( which has really helped me as there has been a lot of negative comments about moving to Cyprus ) chin up!!! - there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and lets hope it is sooner rather than later.

Kay

Post: #54   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Hi Dave and Ness. What a terrible thing for someone to do. (pull out of buying business). I cant imagine what you are both feeling at the moment. I have followed your diary and was getting excited and was all but there with you all. So so sorry. Hope its not too long before you find another buyer. Hope you can stay in your house too.
Take care all
Jacqui and Allan

Post: #55   PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Thanks for all your messages regards our lack of movement. We have been fortunate with the house, the owner has let us stay here for as long as we need which is a great weight off our shoulders. We had visions of having to move out to somewhere else which as you can imagine would be salt in the wound. We are buying up some cheap furniture just to see us through untill we get over. We have built Finleys bed anyway as he was due to come out of his cot when we moved. Mind you we cant keep the little sod in it so i may aswell have put a matress on the floor! He is enjoying his freedom now we have released him from his prison.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
We are looking forward to getting over on the 21st for a 12 day break now so we can gather our thoughts and work out our next plan of action. I am sure the sun and welcoming people will re-charge our batteries and enthusiasm to get things sorted so we can plan our move again. The hardest thing for me is everyone asking aren't you gone yet? All of my customers knew we were going early this year and have been suprised when i have been knocking on their doors! Still, we will get there eventually and have given ourselves a target of this time next year at the moment. Maybe we will catch up with some of you when we are over for a beer or two, we will try not to depress everyone with our sad tale!!!!!!
Again thanks for all your comments, it does help to know there are still decent people out there.
Dave, Vanessa, Madison and Finley.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries