Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quote
May Wallace
Pictures: 9

Hi there

Well done to you all you seem to be organised and things moving on well

Have a great last birthday in the UK and enjoy your farewell bash at week-end,

Lots of tears but remember what's ahead of them

May Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote
angelaI
Pictures: 0

Hi Dave, Ness, Madison and Finley,

Good luck in your move, and we wish you all the best for your future in Cyprus.
Our next visit out is for Easter, which is when we met you last year having just taken possession of our apartments.
You said at the time you were thinking about moving over, but you thought doubts might set in on you return to the U.K due to family commitments. We remember you saying that the hardest thing you would have to do was to tell your family of your plans.
We are glad you were able to do that and stick to your decision. The saying good bye will be hard for you, but we are sure you will be getting lots of family visits. We hope to see you again in Cyprus. Very Happy Very Happy

Ang and Pete
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Dave......

Happy Birthday!!!

He's got the key of the door, never been 61 before Laughing Laughing Question

Hope you have a good day!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Dave,

And Happy Birthday to you!

Glad to hear things are going well and you have sold your buisness.
Not long now till you move, we will be moving out shortly after you.

All the best

Julie

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55
Pictures: 2

Nice House Dave and Ness, and nice kids too!

Post: #26   PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Thankyou for your kind wishes...... ONLY 35 this year Steve!!!!!!

Off into Oxford to the Greek Taverna restuarant tonight to see how its done in England!!!!
I am sure it wont be the same but my Mum and Dad haven't tried Greek cooking as of yet so we are breaking them gently with a MEZE!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I am sure the beer will be flowing well tonight but will regret it in the morning when the kids get up at 6am and the phone starts to go mad at 8am.
Cheers to everyone
Dave
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #27   PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dave & Ness wrote:
ONLY 35 this year Steve!!!!!!

I know - Laughing Laughing

Hope you had a good Birthday night out!!

Cheers

Steve
Getting Closer 
Post: #28   PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Hi everyone, well we have had 4 shipping companys in to quote for the big move, we are waiting for 1 price to come back before we decide who we are going to use. We have decided that we are only going to bring 1 vehicle with us as the cost of shipping an extra one is just too much. Sadly, Vanessa is going to have to leave her little run around behind which is a shame as we haven't had it long and it is a great little car. Our cat, Clyde, has settled really well at my brothers so that has been easier than we thought it would be. Finley had his 2nd Birthday last week so we had a party on Sunday with friends and family. We had told everyone not to go mad with toys due to shipping etc...so the poor little lad ended up with T-Shirts and Shorts off of everyone! We got him a ride on Quad bike and skittle ally so at least he had some toys. We took him bowling aswell which was fun with one of his cousins. We will booking the flights soon so i am hoping that the prices dont rocket too much as time passes. Best wishes to everyone reading this and especially to those going through the same as us at the moment.
Dave, Vanessa, Madison and Finley

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55

Nice photos Dave, You sound really excited about your move, it won't be long now. The house looks fab too!

Post: #30   PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Thanks Pam, we are really excited, we know it will be a emotional nightmare when we have to leave all our friends and family, but in the long run we know it is right for the kids to get somewhere we can have more free time with them. I am looking forward to finishing work, if we can gat any?, and spending the evenings messing around with them in the pool/garden or a quick trip to the beach or just a nice walk without the bad weather being a rule of what and when you can do anything. Madison is really excited, we have to keep telling her that its not going to be like a holiday and she has to go to school and we have to work, she says that she understands but i still think it will be a shock for her when it all happens. Finley bless him will know no different being 2 years old so we have no worries with him. Our only real concern still is finding work but it is also exciting having to start again from scratch with our buisnesses. With the sale of mine and some money we have saved we should be good for 2 years of no work, obviously we want to work from day 1 so we dont blow all our savings! Cant wait to have actual dates for moving to post, but until then, best wishes
Dave, Vanessa, Madison and Finley.

Post: #31   PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dave,

Sounds like everything is moving forward nicely now and bet it won't
be long Cool

BTW - Not sure if you are aware but you are updating the "Your Comments" thread
instead of your

- not that it matters really but thought i'd mention it.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #32   PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi D V M&F

So glad that things seem to be moving forward for you, of course you are aprehensive especially with young children but I'm sure you will enjoy the adventure and I wish you all the best with your move. Good to read your diary, thanks.

Ruth

PS Steve, I noticed Pam updated on the 'comment' thread too. I think it helps the movers to have direct feedback to answer to, rather than having a seperate thread. JMO Laughing

Post: #33   PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well, we have booked flights for our 1 way trip to Cyprus. We are flying over on the 21st of April 2008 with Monarch from Luton. They have dropped prices in their sale so we have booked while we can get over so cheaply with the kids. We are going to Southport/Liverpool for the weekend to see relatives and friends of ours as alot of them are elderly and wont beable to get to see us. I think that this weekend will really start to make it seem real with lots of laughs and no doubt the first of many tears on our journey.
Vanessa will now become very busy sorting everything out whilst i am trying to earn every ast penny we can scrape together!!!
I hope everyone is well and enjoying our little story.
Best wishes
Dave and Vaness

Post: #34   PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55

Of course we are enjoying your story! Enjoy your week-end, now you have booked your flights you will feel positive, it's an emotional journey for all of us, but worth every tear.

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dave & Ness wrote:
Well, we have booked flights for our 1 way trip to Cyprus.

Nice one Applause Think it feels more definate when you book those one-way tickets.

Good luck with your plans - time seems to fly by at the moment!

Cheers

Steve

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
May Wallace

Well you pretty much organised - wish I could have one way flights.

Have fun and not too many tears with family this week-end. Crying or Very sad

Love reading everyone's diaries - can't wait to write mine.
Very Happy

May Wink

Post: #37   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dave,

Sounds like everything sounds to be coming along for you - will
be interested to hear how you go with the shipping.

I think we probably need to follow your example and speed up the
getting sorted process - every week seems to fly by at the moment Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the updates as May says good to read!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #38   PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote
May Wallace

Another thing crossed of the list - junk gone Smile

I can't wait to do that - although with what is in this house hubby says I better start soon Laughing for our move

May Wink
Shipping Booked!!!!!! 
Post: #39   PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well we have all the quotes, all the promises and all the paperwork from lots of shipping company's.
We have chosen GB Liners who impressed us the most and managed to knock the price down to match the most competitive quote.
They seem very organised and answered all the questions asked of them.
Only time will tell now if we made the right decision but all the reviews we have read on them seem good.
We are being packed up on the week begining 14th April so the furniture will be on its way a week or so before our flight on the 21st.
I have made 3 trips to the tip so far with a truck full of rubbish, furniture has started to disappear to relatives that we wont be taking and even poor Finleys cot has been sold!
His room is full of old toys out of the loft which need sorting and he was in a travel cot bless him untill we got a spare cot from Essa's mum.
Even though the removal firm is being paid to pack the whole house up, we haven't been able to resist packing some already....When i say some, we have packed about 20 so far!!!!!!
Friends of ours are starting to look for venues for a leaving bash as we haven't even thought about it yet and there's not long to go.
It has been quite liberating getting rid of all those little things you have had for years that we never really needed but wouldn't throw out. The rooms and loft look so tidy it makes you want to stay, perhaps not, can't wait to get over now, time is starting to fly by. Madisons birthday is sunday so will be having another party this weekend with relatives and friends, High School Musical is the theme so i will have to find my basket ball gear out. I will post pictures if it happens Laughing Laughing Laughing

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave, Ness, Madison and Finley

Post: #40   PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the update Dave!

Good luck with the shipping and will be good to hear how you get along with it!

Cheers

Steve
Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries