Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Dave,

Many thanks for starting off a moving diary - appreciated!

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Wishing you all the best for the move and am sure it will be
very interesting for those following to read.

Good to hear that things are going well so far and am sure the
rest will go relatively smoothly!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

DAVE, Ness and family's moving diary 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quote
Jan
Pictures: 5

Hi Dave and Ness,

Thanks for your honest posting. I wish we had done the same when our children were small. I am sure that you will all have a good life when you get settled and your parents will be out for holidays often.

As long as you remember that everywhere has it's good and bad points then I am sure you will be fine. Keep us posted.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 0

Hi Dave and Ness,

I love reading the moving diary section, keep us updated on how things are going. All the best .

Julie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
Aase

Best of luck with your move. We are hoping to move in August and was just about to book the one-way tickets but got cold feet... Found a very cheap deal but suppose I must discuss dates with partner first!

Will start a moving diary as well as it's a great way to keep on top of things. Like you, we have young kids (4 and 6) and do not want to be stuck in the UK school system for the next 16 years!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55
Pictures: 2

Hi Dave and Ness, All the very best, Liopetri is a lovely village, and I have heard the school there is good. Keep us posted.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aase wrote:
We are hoping to move in August and was just about to book the one-way tickets but got cold feet...

Hi - there's something about booking those final one way tickets and
it does seem like a big step I agree. We booked ours a while back and it
does one good thing - focusses the mind! We have a date to work to now
and we know we have to get everything sorted by then - whether we will
or not is another matter lol Laughing

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55

Hi Steve, I didn't realise you were ready to make the big move! well done, can i ask when? and will you make a diary?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Thankyou for all your kind replies, we cant wait to see the house in a couple of weeks and will let you all know how it goes.

Jan, how long have you been in Southport? My wife was born in Southport and spent the first 9 years of her life there. She still has relations living in the area so we come up on the odd occasion to visit. Its a lovely little place with lots of fond memories for her, though it always seems abit windy and cold to me being a southerner!!!!

Dave
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
bigal
Pictures: 1

Hi Dave, Ness & Family

Hope everything goes well for you as you see your house & make your final move.

Look forward to your updates

Bigal & Ruth

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Aase

Thanks, Dave, that's the encouragement I needed. Also, have discussed with partner and we have sort of agreed on a date in August so will book flights very shortly. I know I need to do it as then it will be final, we still sometimes say 'if we move to Cyprus' rather than 'when we move to Cyprus'... When are you moving?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hogarth55 wrote:
Hi Steve, I didn't realise you were ready to make the big move! well done, can i ask when? and will you make a diary?

Thanks - booked for May - not sure about a diary yet.

Sorry for going off thread Embarassed

Cheers

Steve

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

We are moving in the middle of April but havent booked flights yet!
We are just finalising the selling of my buisness and then we will book. We want to be out by then so the kids can have a short time in school and nursery and also to get used to the climate so it builds up to August temperatures!
We also feel this is a good time for work with the tourist areas opening up and people getting propertys ready for the summer etc.....

Dave
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Aase

Have booked the one-way flights!!! Flying out on 30th August with Cyprus Airways - twice the price of Thomas Cook but can have 25 kgs each instead of 15 + get decent food (I hope!!!). All a bit scary but also very exciting!!!

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aase wrote:
Have booked the one-way flights!!! Flying out on 30th August with Cyprus Airways - twice the price of Thomas Cook but can have 25 kgs each instead of 15 + get decent food (I hope!!!). All a bit scary but also very exciting!!!

Aase Well done Applause Good luck with the plans and am sure it will all
go relatively smoothly!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55

Good for you Asse!! all the best for your new life in Cyprus.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Just returned 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well we have been over to view the house and everything is looking great!
We had afew concerns over finishes as we had our own kitchen installed and wanted internal doors etc... painting up the same colour to match. The developers have done a fantastic job and we couldnt be happier! We were expecting abit of arguing over extra's and there cost but everything was agreed in about 5 minutes and we were taken out to dinner with the developer and his family for the 2nd time and had a very entertaining evening and a great meal, then back to his for coffee. We actually had time to have a walk on the beach with the kids and sort out electricals and payment of kitchen and some other bits and bobs as everything went so smoothly. We have come back now with real drive to start getting dates finalised and the big move started. We cant wait to get over now so the next few months will be difficult and very busy sorting everything out. We have met the famous Ronnie for a cup of tea and checked out the CAT KENNEL!!! I will be picking his brains regards the trade centers etc... for plumbing and heating supplies and am trying to get myself an invite to a BBQ when he gets it built. We are back to reality at the moment with work backing up so will be working again this weekend to try to catch up.
We will keep everone informed of what happens next which will be quotes for shipping etc....regards
Dave, Ness, Madison and Finley

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dave,

Thanks for the update - Sounds like it was a busy trip but good to hear
that everything is coming together!

Cheers

Steve
Picture of House..... 
Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Here is a picture of the house back in November and some photo's of us in January!!!!

Dates to be arranged!!!! 
Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well the sale of my buisness is now been sorted, price agreed, money in place so its just a case of setting dates for finishing work and flying over.
We have been out and bought curtains/blinds/bedding etc.. for the house while the January sales are on!!!!!!
It is my birthday on Wedsnesday so am going to the Greek Tavern in Oxford with family for my last B/Day in the Uk and then my mates have arranged a night out in our town center on Saturday. Should be a messy night as there are normally 30 or more people get together for an annual bash.
PAV knocked on our door last thursday as a suprise and took Essa down our local for lunch, so me and my brother popped in for a lunchtime pint!!!!
It is very odd to see a friend from Cyprus here in the UK but it was great to catch up with him and his wife again! He has declined the chance of a night out with us on saturday which is probably a wise thing!!!!
Our cat has gone to my brothers this weekend so lots of tears from Essa and Maddie but he is 9 years old and we are worried about bringing him over with us. If he doesnt settle then we know we have no choice but to bring him but so far so good.
We are going to get quotes for shipping next, we have started to sell and give away anything that isn't making the trip so it is getting more reaslistic every day.
Thats all for the moment but will let post again when we have finalised travel dates.
Best wishes to all going through the same situation and anyone taking an interest in our little lives.
Dave, Ness, Madison and Finley.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well done Dave!! - all seems to be going along fine!

In case I forget - Happy Birthday for Wednesday and thanks for
the updates on progress - just shows how disorganised we are Confused Laughing

Cheers

Steve
Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary - Your Comm 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries