Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary
Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness
Pictures: 0

Right, i am going to start now with our diary though we wont be moving over until April this year.

We had brought a couple of apartments in Kapparis over the last 3 1/2 years and fell in love with Cyprus.
The first was purely as a retirement investment but then got the 2nd when we were a swimming pool short of upgrading to a villa.
Over the past few years we have been coming out as many times as possible, work permitting, and have found it harder to come back each time.
Last feb, me and Ness were out taking delivery of our 1st apartment and decided that we were going to move over with the kids. We then returned home and Ness got cold feet because of grandparents, work, oppertunities for the kids etc....
Then we were back in March/april with the kids for a 2 week break and sat and talked about it again. We knew that if we didnt take the plunge this year then we would be syuck in the school system for the next 16 years in the UK and couldnt bear the thought of that. For me, i knew we had to go when i asked our 5 year old daughter what her favourite thing about Cyprus was and she replied, daddy doesnt shout at me. we know that Cyprus wont be perfect but we are trying to achieve a less hectic life with more time for family fun instead of 24/7 working.
So we returned to the Uk, told the parents, uncles, aunts and friends and set about looking for a home to move to.
Now, as destiny always comes into play it was a complete bonus when our neighbours put there house up for sale but rejected the offer they had been made by an investor. I happened to be in a letting agents office picking up some keys when i mentioned that we were going to sell up and it would be nice to rent it back off the purchaser for a while to save moving twice. They sent the investor that had been next door to view the house and she offered us more than we would have marketed it for!
We knew then that it was meant to be. We flew back out to Cyprus in June with knowledge of our buyer in hand and found a great house in Liopetri. We had briefly loked around it back in April but didnt think much of it but this time it seemed just right. Abit of negotiation on alterations, price etc...and the house was ours. The house is now finished, we are over on the 14th to take delivery and then the work starts of arranging shipping of cars/furniture etc......
We have had afew arguments with the developer, abit of sweet talking but all seems to have gone ok so far.
We had our last annual christmas works do, night out with all our friends, lads night out so just new years eve to go before we start to organise the leaving do.
Its very scary at the moment and you start to worry and have doubts about different aspects of the new life we will have but this is soon forgot about every time a new set of photos of the house and works comes through.
I will let you all know how it all looks when we return after taking delivery, hope i havent bored you all but had alot to cram in on the 1st post!

Regards

Dave, Ness, Madison and Finley

Arrow
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Up Up and away!!!! 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Well, we have booked flights for our 1 way trip to Cyprus. We are flying over on the 21st of April 2008 with Monarch from Luton. They have dropped prices in their sale so we have booked while we can get over so cheaply with the kids. We are going to Southport/Liverpool for the weekend to see relatives and friends of ours as alot of them are elderly and wont beable to get to see us. I think that this weekend will really start to make it seem real with lots of laughs and no doubt the first of many tears on our journey.
Vanessa will now become very busy sorting everything out whilst i am trying to earn every ast penny we can scrape together!!!
I hope everyone is well and enjoying our little story.
Best wishes
Dave and Vanessa
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote
joanne

hi dave & veneessa
bet you cant wait for april to come round, dont worry not long now and the weather will be warming up nicely for you all, what will you be doing when you get here? will you be looking for work? well i wish you well and i hope the move goes smoothly for you all..goodluck
joanne

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Dave & Ness

Thanks Joanne.
We will be looking for work when we arrive, I am a heating Engineer/plumber and Vanessa will be doing Nails and wedding/Birthday cakes so we have alot to sort out and set up when we arrive. These are the buisnesses we run in the UK so it will be a case of starting again with them.
We have given ourselves a financial cusion of about 2 years we think so we have got time to establish ourselves but to be honest, we can turn our hand to most things so any work we can pick up will be good!!!
Starting to get very close now so lots to do still, have been taking trips to the local refuse tip with all the junk and rubbish that wont be making the trip but still lots to do. We have to choose the shipping agent this week so we can get dates sorted for moving out of our house etc....
We will post again once this has been decided but until then thanks for your kind wishes.
Dave, Vanessa, Madison and Finley
Lucky Ness & Dave ! 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
garside

Hi Dave & Ness

Not sure if you remember meeting me, husband Mark and daughter Grace ? We are apartment below Jackie O'neill and you had all been in contact via this site, we did meet when we were over, I think in Summer or Spring 2007.I particularly remember your gorgeous daughter - Madison - she talked the socks off us all - just like my Grace -. Anyway I am so jealous and pleased to see you are moving there permanently. When we spoke it was me & mine making those plans but sadly they will have to wait a few years now but I am always delighted to see others ' going for it '.We have bought a house in Paralimni and intend to sell the apartment ASAP and rent it out until then. I see you have bought a house - where is it ?. Not sure there is anything we can do to help but always happy to try - just let me know - its amazing how much support you can actually get. We are next due over March 20th for 2 weeks so keep in touch or let me now if you need anything bringing ( only legal stuff of course ! ). I for one will make much use of your nail business Ness so don't worry ,I am sure you will end up with more work than you need !!

All the Best

Amanda
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Dave, Ness, Madison & Finley's moving diary 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries