Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Paralimni Area » Indian restaurant opening in Deryneia Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post: #61   PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:35 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria
Pictures: 0

madmum wrote:
I've found something on fb called Keiths currys. is in paralimni & delivers to kapparis. limited menu & say meals may need reheating. reasonable prices & was thinking of ordering next week

Has anyone used them or even heard on them

We have had 2 curries from Keith and both were really nice. Garlic naan really nice. The price is a lot lower than we pay in the UK. We ordered a day or so in advance and he calls early evening then delivered.

He does seem to sell out quite quickly according to his Facebook page
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Keith's curry 
Post: #62   PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Archie

Where about is this place
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #63   PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

While I love Keiths Curries - this thread is about the new Indian restaurant in Derynia -called The Gateway to India.please stay on topic.

Campbell.

Post: #64   PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Campbell Findlay wrote:
While I love Keiths Curries - this thread is about the new Indian restaurant in Derynia -called The Gateway to India.please stay on topic.

Campbell.

Quite right, we wouldn't want this thread ruined by irrelevancies - such as Egyptian taxi drivers - would we!!? Laughing
(See Post 3) Cool

Post: #65   PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:57 am Reply with quote
alanandmaria

Campbell Findlay wrote:

Campbell.

I thought many a time on a thread about one particular restaurant that people start mentioning other similar places to eat or get takeaways. Competion is meant to be good.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #66   PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

alanandmaria wrote:
Campbell Findlay wrote:

Campbell.

I thought many a time on a thread about one particular restaurant that people start mentioning other similar places to eat or get takeaways. Competion is meant to be good.

Not if a you are new business just opening up it isn`t, this area has been screaming out for a decent Indian restaurant especially out of season, I totally agree with Campbell on this matter.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #67   PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
Hewster

This is an open moderated forum, people can say what they like so long as it doesn't break rules, and the mods are happy Smile

Looking forward to the new restaurant, and also not heard of Keiths Curries before, so am also thankful to the person(s) who have mentioned him.

Hewster
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #68   PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Hewster wrote:
This is an open moderated forum, people can say what they like so long as it doesn't break rules, and the mods are happy Smile

Looking forward to the new restaurant, and also not heard of Keiths Curries before, so am also thankful to the person(s) who have mentioned him.

Hewster

looking forward to it too. but with a daughter who lives on chicken nuggets getting a takeaway delivered is easier.

So got mine ordered for tomorrow night.

You can find him on fb under keiths currys

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #69   PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Baggieboy2

Worth noting that while I have given Keiths Currys a heads up on my thread here, KC is take away/dellivery only - not a restaurant.

Post: #70   PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
RobandLynn

Did the Gateway to India open last night? If it did anyfeed back ?

Cheers
Rob

Post: #71   PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

First June - Thursday is the opening night.

Campbell.

Post: #72   PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
RobandLynn

Thanks Campbell.

Cheers
Rob

Post: #73   PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Called there on Friday and spoke to the owner, Charles, who told me that they won't be doing any take aways for the first month as they will be too busy with diners in the restaurant! Smile

Picked up a menu and some very interesting, and delicious sounding, dishes available that I have not seen anywhere else! Very Happy

Post: #74   PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Tonight was opening night and,together with about forty others we attended.Because it was the opening night there was no a la carte and a selection of Indian Food was served up as help yourself buffet style.Starters were Chicken Samosa (stuffed with chicken) onion bhajji,chicken tikka pieces -very nice I thought and you could have seconds (I did) Mains were served from Bain Marie and to be honest they were not hot -temperature wise.I think the fans were blowing the heating elements out.There was side salad,lamb curry,mushroom pasanda,vegetable curry,chicken curry and fish curry -chapati served to table.Waitresses were obviously a bit nervous/new and the owner made sure he visited every table.We will certainly go back and give them another chance.It was 15 euros per person tonight.Thank you Gateway.

Campbell and Deirdre plus two friends.

Post: #75   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:46 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Wanted to add a comment to what I have already said.I knew a few of the other customers who were there and obviously attended with very high expectations.This was a buffet service to showcase some of the dishes produced at the restaurant and I was amused at the comments of some of these experienced curry eaters "How are you supposed to put fish and lamb curry on the same plate?!) Ans.You dont!! You have fish curry with a bit of rice/chapati and then go back for some lamb/rice/chapati.Also people were winging it wasn't hot (spicy) enough.When the a la carte is available you can ask for whatever you want.
Yes,I am defending Charlie and his staff,we need something like this in this area.

Campbell.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #76   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Baggieboy2

HAd a feeling there could be a few teething problems which is why I'll give him a week or two before we go. Opening nights are usually "an experience". Still sounds very promising and agreed, will be a real asset to the village.

Post: #77   PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

We went, and as I am a Vegan I was quite apprehensive but in all honesty it could not have been better for me. The staff were very attentive and knew what they were talking about in regards to vegan food. My wife and son are not vegans and they really enjoyed what was on offer, we will definitely be going back and really look forward to the a la carte menu, I especially love very spicy food and look forward to being able to spice up the dishes I order. Was really impressed with the staff especially as it was the opening night I really hope they make a success of it.

Post: #78   PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Went again last night, one of the chefs has still not arrived due to paperwork holdups at this end, therefore some of the meals were not available, Charles came and explained and apologised. That said the meal was beautiful, and the staff could not have been more accommodating, nothing was too much trouble for them. I asked for extra spice and the meal delivered to perfection. Charles has some good ideas on how to develop the restaurant and is very open to your opinions.

Post: #79   PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Good to hear positive feedback.

Campbell.

Post: #80   PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Went for fathers day yesterday, once again food, service was excellent, not many in but that could be due to it being Sunday. The second chef should be here later this week, they now have the required paperwork for him to come, once here the full menu should be available. It is well worth a visit Smile
Indian restaurant opening in Deryneia 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Paralimni Area