Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Paralimni Area » Indian restaurant opening in Deryneia Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quote
madmum
Pictures: 0

Any sign of this opening yet??

what is the RAJ like in protaras. mixed reviews some saying great other its awful
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:30 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

I have only been the once to the RAJ once last year but everything we had was tasty and mopped up!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:42 am Reply with quote
Baggieboy2

Wasn't impressed with the Raj, but that was several years ago, so might have got better.

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:13 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Went past yesterday and still had the same "opening soon" sign up. The Raj I found the food really bland the one and only time we visited. Will be going past again tomorrow so will update if anything changes Smile

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:11 am Reply with quote
2diffs

sugarray1955 wrote:
Went past yesterday and still had the same "opening soon" sign up. The Raj I found the food really bland the one and only time we visited. Will be going past again tomorrow so will update if anything changes Smile

I dropped in last week and was told "soon as possible, but we are waiting for permits."

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

2diffs wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:

I dropped in last week and was told "soon as possible, but we are waiting for permits."

Some time next year then!! Rolling Eyes Wink

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
2diffs wrote:
sugarray1955 wrote:

Some time next year then!! Rolling Eyes Wink

Unfortunately, this could be true Rolling Eyes

Post: #28   PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:22 pm Reply with quote
2diffs

I think it may be a work permit for the chef.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

2diffs wrote:

And a brown envelope. Wink

Post: #30   PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

2diffs wrote:

This was the same problem that Los Bandidos had last year, hope it does not take as long for this restaurant as it did for them.

Post: #31   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Drove past again today and unfortunately still no change. Stopped to see if anyone was around to ask, but could not find anyone...

Post: #32   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:25 pm Reply with quote
madmum

sugarray1955 wrote:
Drove past again today and unfortunately still no change. Stopped to see if anyone was around to ask, but could not find anyone...

not looking hopeful then is it. we actually found the small 1 in pernera. is opposite anastasia main entrance, next to the supermarket where all the cats hang out in summer.

But didnt look very impressive. plus its an indian plus kebab place. signs on doors confusing. 1 saying opens 5pm thursday, friday, saturday in winter. then other saying to let. has got menu's still up on wall.
so going to drive down tomorrow to see

Post: #33   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

This thread about an Indian restaurant opening up in the outback of Dherynia has now attracted over 2600 viewings and more than 30 replies - perhaps indicating that Indian food is a fairly popular cuisine!! Cool

How incredible then, that the cosmopolitan resort of Ayia Napa doesn't have any! Sad

Post: #34   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:46 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Woodrow Why?at wrote:
This thread about an Indian restaurant opening up in the outback of Dherynia has now attracted over 2600 viewings and more than 30 replies - perhaps indicating that Indian food is a fairly popular cuisine!! Cool

How incredible then, that the cosmopolitan resort of Ayia Napa doesn't have any! Sad

Isnt there any in ayia napa?? thought just might not have found it

seen there is 1 above Steens restaurant on main protaras road. cant remember name to google it

Post: #35   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

None in Napa and the one above Steens has been closed for some time!

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
madmum

[quote="Woodrow Why?at"]None in Napa and the one above Steens has been closed for some time![/quote

Oh thats another idea gone then. couldnt see driving past if open or not. so only 1 is in protaras strip. Raj i think but mixed reviews.
probably wouldnt want curry in high season but ok now.

funny thing is rarely had indian in UK. think as none around you miss it

Post: #37   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:43 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

There were people working/coming out from the Gateway to India this afternoon when I drove by.
Just a matter of being patient and letting them and the authorities get on with it. I for one am looking forward to it opening.

Post: #38   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

You and me both pete!

Campbell.

Post: #39   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Quote:
seen there is 1 above Steens restaurant on main protaras road.

The only thing above Steens is the sky...Steens is on the top floor.

Post: #40   PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
sugarray1955

Bobbeer wrote:
Quote:
seen there is 1 above Steens restaurant on main protaras road.

The only thing above Steens is the sky...Steens is on the top floor.

That had me confused as the only one I can remember along there was The Raj which was next to the Anatolia but as mentioned is now off the strip Smile
Indian restaurant opening in Deryneia 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Paralimni Area