Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Charities » Charity shops
Charity shops 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:17 am Reply with quote
Lynne9999
Pictures: 0

Hi all.
Can anyone please tell me if there are any charity shops in and around the Paralimni area that donate all or part of the money they make to the Paralimni Dog Pound.
Thanks.
Lynne.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
meggie

Helping Hands opposite Bargains r us. They also help with the cost of getting stray cats spayed/neutered. I have had several done and although some are still strays ( two decided they weren't leaving lol ) at least they can't carry on reproducing.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Lynne9999

Thanks Meggie, I'll pop in there.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
madmum

Do they ever have tumble dryers?? looking for 1 soon and being a crazy cat/dog lady would rather get from somewhere that supports animals rather than the 2 main second hand shops in area

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
milano

Hi, I honestly don't think you'll have any luck in finding a dryer in a charity shop - certainly not in Larnaca. Main reason being that they don't have the facilities to collect large items if necessary or room in the shops to display them, and interested buyers would want to know if they work!

Have you thought about the second hand furniture and household goods shops - DD's in Paralimni and Deja Vu in Dherynia. I've never been but understand they are both excellent. Nothing like them in Larnaca as far as I know.

Hope that helps

KIZI

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
madmum

milano wrote:
Hi, I honestly don't think you'll have any luck in finding a dryer in a charity shop - certainly not in Larnaca. Main reason being that they don't have the facilities to collect large items if necessary or room in the shops to display them, and interested buyers would want to know if they work!

Have you thought about the second hand furniture and household goods shops - DD's in Paralimni and Deja Vu in Dherynia. I've never been but understand they are both excellent. Nothing like them in Larnaca as far as I know.

Hope that helps

KIZI

Thanks we are not in larnaca. in ayia napa & will be in protaras when buy it. dont know Deju Vu but know DD's & home bargains pernera. DD's had 1 for 90 odd euro 2nd hand & HB new for just under 300. not sure if worth paying for new as only be used for a couple of months a year

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

madmum wrote:
milano wrote:

Hope that helps

KIZI

Thanks we are not in larnaca. in ayia napa & will be in protaras when buy it. dont know Deju Vu but know DD's & home bargains pernera. DD's had 1 for 90 odd euro 2nd hand & HB new for just under 300. not sure if worth paying for new as only be used for a couple of months a year

Deja vu is in Dherynia, not far from Toucan shop.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
milano

Hi madmum; have you tried the website bazaraki.com
Seem to have everything under the sun for sale, all in categories, both private and business advertisers.

KIZI

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:44 am Reply with quote
madmum

milano wrote:
Hi madmum; have you tried the website bazaraki.com
Seem to have everything under the sun for sale, all in categories, both private and business advertisers.

KIZI

dont get on very well with that. when search for something either get hundreds or none. do well with paralimni online market.
Paralimni Dog Pound 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 pm Reply with quote
monty1

Hi - Helping hands does a great job and supports other dog rescues but they DO NOT support Paralimni Dog Pound Im afraid. Chris thrift shop in Derynia (across from the euro shop) does sell donated items for the pound with the money coming to us directly and does have some electrical items in there.
Charity shops 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Charities