Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Issue of title deeds Goto page 1, 2  Next
Issue of title deeds 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:07 am Reply with quote
BILLYB0B
Pictures: 0

Hi, I have just spoken to the land registry and they informed me that my deeds will be ready in 10 days and issued to my developer A.Chacholis.(as I have no mortgage). Does anyone know what happens next, ie what will the developer do or demand from me?? also are they allowed to withhold my deeds??
Regards,
Dave
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: Issue of title deeds 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
Jac

BILLYB0B wrote:
Hi, I have just spoken to the land registry and they informed me that my deeds will be ready in 10 days and issued to my developer A.Chacholis.(as I have no mortgage). Does anyone know what happens next, ie what will the developer do or demand from me?? also are they allowed to withhold my deeds??
Regards,
Dave

Wow, this is a surprise. I'm with this developer too and would love to know the answer to this question. I know nothing but have been waiting 11 years.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

An A.Chacholis property is going to be issued Title Deeds?!!! Shocked Shocked Dancing '

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
BILLYB0B

Yes me also I have been waiting since 2004, but my friend on the same complex was informed yesterday he will receive his in 10 days also, but I am expecting grief from A.Chacholis, but watch this space, I don't give in!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

Same here been waiting since 2004,good luck and please keep us informed.regards Palmtree.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
DC

Why are they being issued to the developer?
I can foresee Chacolis trying to get more money from us before handing them over.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

DC wrote:
I can foresee Chacolis trying to get more money from us before handing them over.

Surely not!! Shocked Wink

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

DC wrote:

I believe (unless it has changed) that the Developer then asks you for all the back-years of sewerage costs which he has paid as owner-of-Title.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Deanna wrote:
DC wrote:

I believe (unless it has changed) that the Developer then asks you for all the back-years of sewerage costs which he has paid as owner-of-Title.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Yea right!! And for all the IPT and other taxes they have "paid"!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yea right!! And for all the IPT and other taxes they have "paid"!!

Mmm; I've got 20+ years of 'proof' to ask for - when it happens.....

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

Can you tell me if the title deeds are for a complex and if so which one, please? I was told by a very reliable source last spring that very little money/loan, if any at all, was owed by said developer on a very popular complex. I got someone to get as much information on this as is legally possible and i'm pretty confident it's true, even though quite a few on here will tell me otherwise.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
palmtree

I think I'm correct in saying that if you have applied for your deeds via the trapped buyers law,then you by pass the developer and pay any outstanding bills like sewarge and back ipt to the land registary ,so the need to pay the developer doesn't exist in those cases.Regards Palmtree.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
Dave B

12 months ago we applied under the hidden mortgages law.
As it turned out the subdivision of the units was completed the day before.
We had expectation that under the new hidden mortgages law we would receive our needs very quickly. This was not to be the case because in this game of "snakes and ladders" there are far too many snakes.

Our view is that Land Registry (in Paphos) treats the new law as guidelines.
There were lots of reasons why the transfer could not go ahead and LR give the developer and the banks a lot of leeway on the time limits imposed by the law. Late objections seem to be OK and allowances of 10 -14 days for recorded delivery letters to be delivered.

The developer objected so we paid his back tax and late penalty although we were contracted not to. We just wanted to move things on rather an appeal to the minister. Unfortunately that was little help as the developer appealed claiming we owed him on back tax!
After some months that was sorted when the developer could not prove his claim. Then it was the turn of Alpha Bank to object to the transfer.
This continued with lots of administration time and extra time for recorded delivery letters.

Today is almost the anniversary of our filing under the hidden mortgages law. In the post was the recorded delivery letter (in Greek obviously) telling us to go to the LR within 60 days to transfer the deeds.

Unless there is another snake for us to slide down it looks like we can take our deeds next week. I will try not to get too excited because there may be another snake at the top of this ladder. Cool

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Blimey Dave, you have been in and around the snake-pit. Good luck for next week; let us know either way.

I was told my Developer has no outstanding mortgages; just outstanding tax-bills Wink how many years this is for i hate to think as the property was completed/paid-for in 1990.
Anyway, I filled the form in last October and paid my 10, and wait some more.....

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
palmtree

Deanna,I think if there are no encumbrances on the land your house is built on then you should be ok for deeds.even if there are encumbrances, if your house was paid for before the encumbrances were registered then you would still be ok.regards palmtree.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

palmtree wrote:
Deanna,I think if there are no encumbrances on the land your house is built on then you should be ok for deeds.even if there are encumbrances, if your house was paid for before the encumbrances were registered then you would still be ok.regards palmtree.

Thanks Pt that's what my lawyer says. Just a waiting game....

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
BILLYB0B

Dear Cansweet, Ayia Thekla

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
palmtree

Hi Billybob ,I think chacholis has several developments at ayia thekla,I think cansweet is asking which particular one.Rwgards Palmtree.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
BILLYB0B

Ayia Thekla 4

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

Thanks for that, it was/is helpful.
Issue of title deeds 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question