Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates » Current Exchange rates
Current Exchange rates 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
pegasus
Pictures: 6

Out shortly, anyone familiar with the exchange rate at Bootleggers?

Cheers,
Phil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Lynne9999
Pictures: 0

It's 1.18 in Bootleggers today.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

Once again, I have to ask why people ask "what is the exchange rate at Bootleggers or Nick's?" What it is today most likely will not be what it is tomorrow or the day after. The exchange rate fluctuates by the minute. Everyone has to know by now that Bootlegger's and Nick's give decent rates. Just go to www.xe.com for the current exchange rate and get an idea of the current rate recognizing that you will not get that rate at the bank or at Nick's or Bootlegger's but xe.com will give you the current rate by the minute.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
Jacs

I think people ask to have a rough idea as to what's being offered in Cyprus, compared to UK.
We know it fluctuates, it's to compare.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
sugarray1955

What difference to you does it make if someone asks about the exchange rate? If it bothers you so much just don`t read the posts Rolling Eyes

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:15 am Reply with quote
pegasus

Appreciate the replies, sorry to have upset you unknown person styled as CyprusForMe. The rate fluctuates by the minute? Quite a revelation.

Regards,
Phil

Last edited by pegasus on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:17 am Reply with quote
tonyattherovers
Pictures: 2

sugarray1955 wrote:
What difference to you does it make if someone asks about the exchange rate? If it bothers you so much just don`t read the posts Rolling Eyes

Completely agree with you!
Can't see why he's getting so stressed!
Re: Current Exchange rates 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
tiny

pegasus wrote:
Out shortly, anyone familiar with the exchange rate at Bootleggers?

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Phil, im like you, like to have an idea of the rate, i think we all know that it fluctuates, if you are like me you know that you get a better ex rate in cyprus, when i was out in February, i was getting 1 cent lower than bank/bank rate and that was from nick's
i look at a site called,,,, smart currency live rates, they give second by second rates, but just as a guide as again the rates they show are for bank to bank, not for us mortals
hope this is of use
Jim

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

I think Cyprusforme is pointing out that the exchange rate is dynamic so whatever someone says now could be totally inaccurate later. An earlier thread asked what the exchange rate is as they are out in September Rolling Eyes

Nick's and Bootleggers certainly offer the best rates for cash and give us all the flexibility of changing or not changing on the day. From memory they are usually 1.5-2 cents off midrate.

FX companies offer better rates but you need a euro account out here to hold the money or some offer a prepay card that's loaded with your Euros. Better for regular currency exchanges.

I use http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/13/intraday.stm
to view the current exchange rate and by changing the period you can see what's been happening over time.

Just needs a 'what is the rate next week' button.

Paul.
Current Exchange rates 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Exchange Money & Rates