Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Sunday Roast at the VERGI (CAESARS PALACE)
Sunday Roast at the VERGI (CAESARS PALACE) 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
davegodfrey
Pictures: 0

Tried it today. Well the food was pretty good, very nice beef, veg only a bit warm, but not CREMATED, plenty of sauces etc Starter and desert OK. Tried their curry, which was quite BLAND but their spare Ribs were excellent. Service was good Ambience a bit dowdy, would have been nice to look out through a window. BUT for 12 euros it was good value and the first drink is free. Will we go back? MAYBE/ MAYBE NOT. Very Happy

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Wow, you had starters, beef, curry, ribs and desert all for 12, that is good value for money...

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
jb1

We tried this place a couple of weeks ago after someone recommended it. Granted we were there early, just after 12.00 and we had to go looking for the staff as we thought it was closed. No choice of starter, you get an indifferent prawn cocktail, good choice of meats very tasty, veg sitting in a lot of water so a bit soggy, couldn't eat the yorkshire pudding as it was so leathery. Pudding was shop bought cakes sliced up and the wine was cheap. Ok, not much to pay at 12 but for a couple of euros more you get a much better meal at Cambinellas along the road and you can at least see out of the widows there too. Think we got a 40% discount voucher off our next meal but don't think we'll be taking them up on it. We were the only ones there at the time so whole experience felt a bit uncomfortable. Joyce
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
sunday dinner 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
dannymarks

thanks for this report. i nearly went there last sunday with my wife, bur it looked a bit like a shabby cafe inside and did not look like a place we wanted to have sunday dinner. glad we did not and now i wont thanks for reviews. and yes cambanellas is pretty good, not fantastic but i really enjoyed it there. that too was 12 euros i think for 3 course and the cheesecake is to dye for. i wrote a review on trip advisor, and we would go again. still cnat find anywhere that does an excellent sunday dinner. pots are never quite right. oh well it is cyprus after all so im not complaining. happy eating
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
wilkykw

two others you could try
1 lithos bar in oraklini new chef food very good and filling
2 The Queens pub on the strip food is very good as well
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
to JB 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
dannymarks

jb i see you are in kiti. was told bar coast in pervolia does a good sunday dinner. have you been by any chance as i was going to try when i come back. thanks danny
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: to JB 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
jb1

dannymarks wrote:
jb i see you are in kiti. was told bar coast in pervolia does a good sunday dinner. have you been by any chance as i was going to try when i come back. thanks danny

Bar Coast do an excellent Sunday lunch, not carvery style. You can opt for a small plate if you don't want a large portion, never had a disapointing meal yet there. Joyce

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
dannymarks

thanks joyce will try when i come back . danny

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Nelly1

I hear the new chef at Lithos does a great Sunday carvery but I've not tried it. Best roast dinner I've had here was a few weeks ago at Mojitos in Pernera, absolutely fantastic. Never had a bad meal there.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
wellerman

we live 200 yards from Lithos, but still travel to Kama at Pernera for sunday lunch, very nice
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Most disappointing 'sunday roast' I've ever had was at Lithos (last year). It was like a school dinner. Companions were commenting 'but so cheap'. I'd rather pay a bit more.

Still the best I've had is the carvery at the Flamingo Hotel Makenzy. But I haven't tried some of those mentioned here. I'd come to the conclusion that Cyprus doesn't really 'do' proper roast dinners as Brits know them. Well, apart from the Flamingo.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
davegodfrey

Tangutica wrote:
Most disappointing 'sunday roast' I've ever had was at Lithos (last year). It was like a school dinner. Companions were commenting 'but so cheap'. I'd rather pay a bit more.

Still the best I've had is the carvery at the Flamingo Hotel. I haven't tried some of those mentioned here. I'd come to the conclusion that Cyprus doesn't really 'do' proper roast dinners as Brits know them. Well, apart from the Flamingo.

I have to admit we have tried the Flamingo roast, yea, it was OK, not very hot though. We have given up trying to find anywhere for The Sunday Roast now. Will look for local dishes, in future.
So today we made our own and had friends round. It was delicious. Topside 2kg (cooked for 2 hrs), roasted parsnips and potatoes, Birds Eye peas and Runner Beans, Cauliflower Cheese, Yorkshires (homemade), gravy from the juices and of course Horseradish sauce.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote
dannymarks

sounds good dave can i book a table for 8th may for two please.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

davegodfrey wrote:
Tangutica wrote:

Still the best I've had is the carvery at the Flamingo Hotel. I haven't tried some of those mentioned here. I'd come to the conclusion that Cyprus doesn't really 'do' proper roast dinners as Brits know them. Well, apart from the Flamingo.

I have to admit we have tried the Flamingo roast, yea, it was OK, not very hot though. We have given up trying to find anywhere for The Sunday Roast now. Will look for local dishes, in future.
So today we made our own and had friends round. It was delicious. Topside 2kg (cooked for 2 hrs), roasted parsnips and potatoes, Birds Eye peas and Runner Beans, Cauliflower Cheese, Yorkshires (homemade), gravy from the juices and of course Horseradish sauce.

I came to the conclusion years ago that Cypriots don't seem to think the 'temperature' of the meal is very important! I've sent back 'cold moussaka' and all sorts - I've got used to it now!

Food at Lysia on Dhekelia road tho is always piping hot (well, apart from the salads!)

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
davegodfrey

dannymarks wrote:
sounds good dave can i book a table for 8th may for two please.

Sorry we are closed that night!!!! Very Happy

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
dannymarks

no probs dave. typical cypriot never open when you want!!!!!!

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
whitla42

Bar coast is closed but due to open in two weeks under new management.
Sunday Roast at the VERGI (CAESARS PALACE) 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area