Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Bigal & Ruth's Moving Diary - Your Comments Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Ruth and BigAl

Pleased to hear that the operation was a success, Smile I hope everything goes well with then house sale and you can both soon be on your way to your new life in Cyprus. Very best wishes to you both and I will keep checking your moving dairies for further updates

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
May Wallace
Pictures: 9

Same from me

Best wishes

May Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Bigal & Ruth - Thanks for kicking things off!!

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

You see? This is exactly what I mean.

The ups and downs of making the move to the 'sunny place' The personal experience, the feelings, the frustrations.

A thread where folks can write their thoughts and others can experience what it is really like emotionally as well as practically to take the 'leap'.

There are other threads that deal with the practicalities of moving to Cy, but this is the thread where those that are going through it can talk about their experience of doing so.

A day to day diary of your list writing, finding movers, sorting the tax issues, medical records, car details, selling/renting property, all in one place would be a god send to some.

Best wishes with your plans Al and Ruth.

Ruth Laughing

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55
Pictures: 2

All the very best to you two, you deserve the best after all you have been through. Have many happy years in Sunny Cyprus.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary
Pictures: 0

I am glad everything is going well now.

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Deb&Geoff

Ruth & Bigal,

very difficult to know what to say, you must be going through absolute hell. Have to say though I find your detemination to get over there after all you have been through an inspiration.

I just hope everything now goes OK for you and that come February you finally manage to get to live on that wonderful island we all dream of.

Good luck and please let us know how things are going if you get chance,

Regards,

Geoff & Deb

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the update & Just wanted to second what Geoff said above!

If anyone deserves to get things sorted then it's you two and I hope
that you can find a buyer quickly. Good luck with everything and
hope you have a better 2008!

Cheers

Steve

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
chuckie

Hi Big Al and Ruth,

First of all what good news to see Big Al has the all clear.

Don't give up hope about your move. I'm sure it will all come together in the end.

When my Dad died last year we put his house up for sale but without using an agent. We lived in the type of area where word gets around very quickly. One of my neighbours asked in his son could look around my Dad's place immediately. I warned him that we weren't straight at all. We had boxes all over the place - you couldn't see one work surface in the kitchen. He put an offer in there and then which I accepted.

You can't always have things spick and span, and if people really want it they'll "look beyond" and use their imagination.

So good luck, don't give up and we'll see you next year.

Have a good Christmas.

Best wishes

Carol

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:13 am Reply with quote
May Wallace

Hi to you both.

Sorry to hear your news but you are both survivors and after what you have both come through this year I am sure you will get through this and be able to enjoy your new life.

You both deserve it

Best wishes.

May x

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

Hi Ruth and Al,

How very unfair life can be sometimes......... I'm so sorry about your Dad, Ruth. I lost a precious sister at Christmas time and it is very difficult to have to 'put a face on' for everyone when all you want to do is hide and collapse into your grief.

What a blow about the house!, it's a nightmare being in a chain but at least it sounds as if your estate agent is on the ball. Good luck with the viewings.

Chin up folks and all the best to you both for 2008.

Cheers,
Jinty

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
kipper889

So sorry to hear about your Dad Ruth.

You must be feeling that the whole world is against you at the moment.

Try to keep positive, it will all work out in the end, this is what you want and you will get there.

There is so much rubbish about 'dressing your home for sale' Of course it does help, but I think most folks can see through that and will buy your home regardless of a few boxes of paperwork. Try not to stress yourself about it. You have been through a heck of a lot over the past months. You now deserve some luck, it will come I'm sure.

Best wishes for your future plans Very Happy

Ruth

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Mike jackson

Good luck guys if you are ever in Tersefanou a beer & slice of cake on us
Mike the sagalout

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi to both of you,

Good luck with your move, keep us updated when you settle in.

Julie

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

Sound like an emotional bon voyage party! Soon be looking back
at all this with the house sold and you settled in Cool

Best of luck!

Cheers

Steve

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:21 am Reply with quote
May Wallace

Hi there

Sounds as thought you had a good time at your party even if it was an emotional time.

Nice pressies from your firends - especially one's from your kids. Very Happy

Fingers crossed for the house sale - but don't let this couple get you down - you only have to watch the Location Location Location programme to see that there are many like this Mrs - even Kirsty gets frustrated with these people.

Good luck

May Wink

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Hogarth55
Pictures: 2

That post brought a lump in the throat! sounds like you had a great party, and lovely thoughtfull pressies. It will be the most unexpected person who will buy your house, that's what we were told, and it was right! All the best.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
May Wallace

Hi there

You two have certainly been busy Cool

Sorry to hear about your house not being sold but as you sat your on your way anyway.

I have just thought of something - have you contacted your council to tell them that the house will be empty because when my mum was in hospital and her house was empty for 6 months we got a rebate due to the house being empty.

Know its not the same situation as you - but every penny counts might be worth a try

May Wink

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote
bigal
Pictures: 1

Hi May

Thanks for your comments.

Oh yes Wink we have been in touch with our council. Luckily we had a fair idea that we would be eligable for some sort of discount after having to deal with my late fathers empty house. Once the house is empty we get 6 months free from council tax & (heaven forbid) if we still haven't sold the next 6 months half price.

Ruth

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just moved posting to this thread:

vicswill wrote:
Very Happy dont worry big,al the house will sell , just give it time, the sun is the destine of all.the place is CY just think 6months 2week you'l be saying where did all that time go, LIVE IT,, the dream you are only here 1once. hope to post my dream soon... weeks even...

vic
Bigal & Ruth's Moving Diary - Your Comments 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries