Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Mary and Bill's Moving Diary - Your Comments
Mary and Bill's Moving Diary - Your Comments 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

bored !!!! not on your life, its great and i loved reading your updates from your son. Hope you enjoy your new life in Cyprus and can settle after all your globetrotting Laughing

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quote
May Wallace
Pictures: 9

Hi,

What an exciting start to your move - sailing all that way.

Nice to know that you are settling in well.

May Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:39 am Reply with quote
contrarymary
Pictures: 0

Thanks both.

Blondes are intelligent
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
bigal
Pictures: 1

Lovely to have a different perspective on moving. Well done, I don't think I could do it that way - I get seasick!

Ruth

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Mary,

Many thanks for posting that and as Elizabeth says - No your not boring
us Smile That's what the diaries are for - actions, thoughts, feelings etc and
it does help those following.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

Thanks Steve

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

No problem Mary and BTW i'd probably be seasick if I went that route Smile

Good to hear a different way of doing the final move though.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
telhornby

Hi May & Bill, thanks for sharing your diary. We are planning to move to Cyprus in 2009 and were thinking of using Grimaldi Ferries. We have 3 questions we hope you can help us with.
1. We are both vegetarians and are now concerned (after reading your diary) about the menu choice onboard.
2. Like you, we want to take some luggage with us and leave it in the car. Is this a safe option?
3. What facilities are there onboard for passengers & how did you pass away the time?
Many thanks. Terry & Linda

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

telhornby wrote:
Hi May & Bill, thanks for sharing your diary. We are planning to move to Cyprus in 2009 and were thinking of using Grimaldi Ferries. We have 3 questions we hope you can help us with.
1. We are both vegetarians and are now concerned (after reading your diary) about the menu choice onboard.
2. Like you, we want to take some luggage with us and leave it in the car. Is this a safe option?
3. What facilities are there onboard for passengers & how did you pass away the time?
Many thanks. Terry & Linda

Hi Terry and Linda,

There is no choice at all in the menu, there is usually a pasta course first, then maybe a fish course and then a meat course and an apple or orange or some kind of fruit for dessert.

The luggage will be perfectly safe in the car and if you need to get anything from the car during the voyage one of the crew will accompany you.

There are no facilities on board really for the passengers, we were lucky we had really good passengers with us, I did alot of reading and luckily when we travdelled it was very hot, so lots of sunbathing.

If I can help you at all any other way, don't hesitate to let me know.

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote
telhornby

Hi Mary, thanks for responding.
1. Have made contact with Grimaldi Ferries and although they can't provide vegetarian meals as such, the cook will be able to provide vegetables, pasta, eggs and cheese etc., so we won't starve.
2. Taking items in the car on the Ferry sounds like a great option to us. We were put off doing this by other threads with horror stories about RO/RO ferries (not Grimaldi) where car parts, tax discs as well as personal contents have all going missing. One car even had the locked doors forced open!!
3. As long as we know what to expect, we won't be disappointed with the lack of amenities for passengers. We are going October time 2009 so we won't be sunbathing. Already stocking up on reading material.
Thanks again for responding, if you think of anything else that we might find useful, please respond. Kind regards Terry & Linda

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:43 am Reply with quote
contrarymary

telhornby wrote:
Hi Mary, thanks for responding.
1. Have made contact with Grimaldi Ferries and although they can't provide vegetarian meals as such, the cook will be able to provide vegetables, pasta, eggs and cheese etc., so we won't starve.
2. Taking items in the car on the Ferry sounds like a great option to us. We were put off doing this by other threads with horror stories about RO/RO ferries (not Grimaldi) where car parts, tax discs as well as personal contents have all going missing. One car even had the locked doors forced open!!
3. As long as we know what to expect, we won't be disappointed with the lack of amenities for passengers. We are going October time 2009 so we won't be sunbathing. Already stocking up on reading material.
Thanks again for responding, if you think of anything else that we might find useful, please respond. Kind regards Terry & Linda

Hi Terry and Linda,

I can assure you everything is your car will be very safe, ours was filled up, in fact there was hardly any room for us Laughing Laughing Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Blondes are intelligent

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Mike jackson

Hi I've just read your moving diary & am glad all is well for you, but it brought old tears to me face Smile In 1966 I joined my first Merchant Ship the MV Lancastrian Prince know affectionately as the Lanky & took my first trip to sea calling at Malta Cyprus Israel Lebanon Greece Sicily Italy & home 8 week trip so I really envy your jny we carried a crew of 40 plus 12 passengers & I was galley boy & later ships peggy. Oh happy days. I do hope you enjoyed your trip let us know what it was like.
Enjoy your new life in the sun & all health & happiness to you both.
Mike the sagalout.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

Thanks Mike. If you read our original diary you will see how we got on.

Blondes are intelligent
Mary and Bill's Moving Diary - Your Comments 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries