Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Yet another Chinese in Oroklini
Yet another Chinese in Oroklini 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
PatCon
Pictures: 0

It is called Zhong Can and is quite small. Coming from Dhekelia you take the second turning towards Pyla. From LCA take the second turn to Oroklini (the Pyla Road) and it's about 80 yards along on the left, on a corner before the turnoff to Oroklini. Tel. 24722220 and 99676034. I am going this evening and will post my experience here.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
dixie

I saw it the other day, wonder how long it's been there.

Keep meaning to go but haven't got round to it yet; will look forward to hearing what it's like.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

dixie wrote:
I saw it the other day, wonder how long it's been there.

Keep meaning to go but haven't got round to it yet; will look forward to hearing what it's like.

yes me too

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
PatCon

OK Dixie and Bill, you can breathe out now.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit yesterday. Because Andreas has shut off the big rooms and only serves a small area, we get an intimate atmosphere and chatted away at the ex-pat couples at the next tables. We also met Andreas' wife, the chef, a charming Philippine lady called Helen. They both speak perfect English. He is an extremely attentive waiter and a nice guy.
The food: We started with home made mini spring rolls, 10 between us. They really are a MUST. Filled with seasoned minced meat, nothing like you can buy frozen, and the sweet-sour sauce. Then we each had a different duck dish. Don't expect it to be crispy, though. It is apparently authentic Cantonese, chopped up including bone. The noodles were delicious with loads of garlic. We both loved the food. We had a Cyprus red wine called something like Ayos Onoufrios I think. Very nice indeed. The prices are remarkably low - our bill came to only 35 and the portions were big.
Summary: Excellent service, good food and good price, we loved it.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
bill

sounds good pat

wull give it a try one night next week
im hoping they do take away lol

bill

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie
Pictures: 6

Hi Bill,

Let me know what you think please as we went when it had just opened, I think in November. Prices were reasonable, service good, but was not impressed by the food. Could have been an opening thing.

I used to use it alot when it was NYKS I knew the couple in there very well and liked the place. Was sorry to see them go Sad

Sue
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:46 am Reply with quote
bill

PatCon wrote:
OK Dixie and Bill, you can breathe out now.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit yesterday. Because Andreas has shut off the big rooms and only serves a small area, we get an intimate atmosphere and chatted away at the ex-pat couples at the next tables. We also met Andreas' wife, the chef, a charming Philippine lady called Helen. They both speak perfect English. He is an extremely attentive waiter and a nice guy.
The food: We started with home made mini spring rolls, 10 between us. They really are a MUST. Filled with seasoned minced meat, nothing like you can buy frozen, and the sweet-sour sauce. Then we each had a different duck dish. Don't expect it to be crispy, though. It is apparently authentic Cantonese, chopped up including bone. The noodles were delicious with loads of garlic. We both loved the food. We had a Cyprus red wine called something like Ayos Onoufrios I think. Very nice indeed. The prices are remarkably low - our bill came to only 35 and the portions were big.
Summary: Excellent service, good food and good price, we loved it.

thanks pat
I dont do sit down cuz im usually billy no mates and go alone so i do take away as a prefered option
i must admit i do prefer a take away from the balti house cuz the quality never varies -- but i also love chinese and sadly not managed to find a chinese with that wow i want more feeling.
fish and chips always gregorys cuz that is good too

bill

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area