Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Applying for Title Deeds poll

What are your experiences when applying for your Title Deeds?
No ending time set.
I have applied for my Title Deeds - no problems encountered
58%
 58%  [ 41 ]
I applied for my Title Deeds and have received them
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
I applied for my Title Deeds but had a problem
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
I intend to apply for my Deeds
20%
 20%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes Cast : 70

Applying for Title Deeds poll 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

As you're probably aware, a new law was introduced at the end of October enabling those who were unable to get their Title Deeds due to their developer's debt(s) to apply for them.

I'm trying to find out how successful this has been and I'd like those who have applied or are thinking of applying for their deeds to complete the poll above.

If you had problems submitting your application (other than waiting a long time at the Land Registry) can you please post a reply explaining what those problems were and whether they have been resolved.)

Thanks

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Just changed this from an Announcement as people don't always spot them.

Thanks for the poll Nigel - will be interesting to see the results if there are
sufficient votes.

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Is this only for those that have applies for their title deeds since October?

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Dave B
Pictures: 0

It seems that only when LR start examining applications do the problems start to arise. All was well when I put my application in, only some weeks later did I get called back. So many of those ticking box one probably will need to change that to box 3.

My problem is that the Developer is contracted to pay the IPT. While Paphos LR accept this, they claim the deeds cannot be transferred till the developer pays the IPT. Taking in the actual law and a press release from the Minister has as yet not budged them on this. My Lawyer's advice is to drive to Nicosia and see a manager.
I am trying to get a written refusal first, so I have something to complain about. All I have got is "we will take it up at the next management meeting" Crying or Very sad

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Anarita John
Pictures: 0

As our developer has been liquidated (I wish) and has not paid any IPT, we had to pay 2013 IPT on his behalf, including the interest, in order to get a tax clearance certificate from the tax office, which is now deposited with our application at the Land Registry. Therefore we have paid 3 IPTs.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Kwacka wrote:
Is this only for those that have applies for their title deeds since October?

Yes that is how I understand it as Nigel is trying to find out how successful
the changes since October have been so far.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:41 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Thanks for your input so far - and it's good to hear that some people have now received their Title Deeds as a result of this 'new' law.

From the problems reported so far, it seems that the Land Registry office in Paphos has issues accepting applications if the developer has not paid back year's IPT. From other emails I have received, other Land Registry offices do not see this as a problem. (A friend of mine in Limassol applied successfully even though his developer hasn't paid a cent in IPT.)

Those who would like a copy of the actual law, which includes an English translation provided by a law firm in Limassol, can download it from
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

It's also worth noting that Land Registries will only accept original documents or certified copies - they will not accept photocopies. (Ever tried using a photocopy of your passport to travel?).

Regards,

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General