Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question » Get your Title Deeds – Act Now Goto page 1, 2  Next
Get your Title Deeds – Act Now 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 9

Land Registries across Cyprus started accepting applications under the provisions of the ‘hidden mortgage’ law. Application forms are now available in English and Greek that you may download, complete and take to the relevant Land Registry office together with the information requested.

[
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

]

Cheers,

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Title Deeds 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
poppydog
Pictures: 0

We have just completed our application for Title Deeds at the Land Registry on the new form. Please note that there are separate forms for one or two owners. We just wanted to say that we waited over four hours to be seen and the couple next to us waited 5 hours! The office is open from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. and it would seem that it doesn't matter what time you get there because there is no ticket system, which means the inevitable queue jumping. When you eventually get to see the lady who deals with the applications it just takes a couple of minutes to process. You pay 10 euros and the application is sent to Larnaca who will contact us to let us know what to do next. She said that Larnaca would contact the developer within 45 days and ask him to transfer the property! Watch this space.........
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Title Deeds 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
FSB Properties
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

poppydog wrote:
She said that Larnaca would contact the developer within 45 days and ask him to transfer the property!

This might be the case where deeds are ready for transfer but are encumbered.

I enquired about this at the LR and challenged the girl regarding if there is no FC, she said that the LR will undertake this function by communicating with the authorities to get it issued.

We shall see, thanks for the info, useful to know.

Good luck

Member of the AIPP.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Eleanor

With reference to this topic what is the situation regarding the proposal that no transfer fee is payable if vat was paid on the property at the time of purchase?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
spanner

According to Sigmalive, after 9 days they now have over 1,000 applications.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
nat695

Hi Nigel,

we'll be over in October and would like to get the ball rolling with this but are unsure on some of the info on the form, could you or anyone else help with the points below please?

ID No
Registered contract of sale number
Registration No
Municipality/community/quarter
sheet/plan
Parcel No
Block

There is a number scribbled on the main signing page of the contract that begins with f32 but I cannot read it, but I assume this is the registered contract number

We're also struggling with evidence to support that we've paid in full, but think one of the Greek addendum's in the contract may support this, but I can also visit the bank when over to get a statement from them.

We intend to take the form, contract of sale, utility bill and passports to the office in Paralimni, close to the football stadium. Is this all we'd need?

Thanks in advance,
Danny
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
title deeds 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

afternoon i met the woman from giovanni at the land registry
at 11/45 last thursday then they told me to pay 10 euro
then my little girl asked the bird behind the jump
who do we make the cheque for 1700 euros to
she said thats it your husband has just paid 10 euro thats it
so i got my deeds for a cockle and was in and out in half an hour
keep smiling pete
Deeds 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
cecilia

Hi

Once you've lodged your application does anyone know what the next step is

Regards

Celia

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Land Registry 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
db

For a Paralimni apartment can I take my title deed application to the Paralimni land registry office or do I have to travel to Larnaca. -thanks

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
derickm

Just been to the Paralimni land registry office to register our application. It opened at 8am, so I was on the doorstep at 7.50am having heard about large queue problems, there was no queue and i was in/out in 15 minutes. Have to say that the lady (Maria) who dealt with it was very helpful. I commented that I expected a queue, she said that it was early but like a war zone between 9am and 3pm. She also commented that that particular office had so far dealt with over 700 applications.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
barny

Hi.
I am in the UK and I have a property in Paralimni.
I am unable to get over to register my application so my first question is can I register my application by post or email?
Also the property was purchased in mine and my ex partners names but that was about ten years ago and I have no way of contacting my ex partner so would I still be able to go through the process and how would I do that?
Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated especially if somebody could provide a step by step guide.
Re: Help 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Dave B

barny wrote:
especially if somebody could provide a step by step guide.

You have to come to Cyprus with your specific performance contract and your receipts and the other owner (or Cyprus power of attorney) . As your contract is in joint names you are going to have to find her. I can't see any other way forward. Without the other joint beneficial owners co-operation, you could not take the deeds anyway.

So sorry, but there it is. Sad

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

cecilia wrote:
does anyone know what the next step is

You wait.

Regards,

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
ExSignals

Pete the Highwaymans post was unintelligible; "bird behind the jump"............."deeds for a cockle", and no punctuation. Pete, I got the gist of it but what were you on about?

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

ExSignals wrote:
Pete the Highwaymans post was unintelligible; "bird behind the jump"............."deeds for a cockle", and no punctuation. Pete, I got the gist of it but what were you on about?

Bird = woman. Jump = Jumping Jack "back" Cockle = £10. Very Happy

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Title Deeds 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
jahunnama1

My newly built property was completed in 2005 I was told deeds would be ready in 3yrs.
Oct 2015 still waiting. I downloaded and have completed the application for the transfer.
I live in the UK, do I have to deliver my application in person or can I do it by email or do I have to do it in person.

Regards
Joe

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Woodrow Why?at

Mr Tibbs wrote:
ExSignals wrote:

Bird = woman. Jump = Jumping Jack "back" Cockle = £10. Very Happy

You're a fount of knowledge Mr T, however did we manage to get by without you all these months?!! Not Worthy Very Happy

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Pete The Highwayman
Membership Closed

exsignals my son i have just come back from cyprus
thats why i never came back to you as for punctuation
i cannot be bothered anyway the bird behind the jump
is the woman behind the counter a cockle is
a cock and hen equals ten so a cockle for short
be lucky pete

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:08 am Reply with quote
nhowarth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Oops - I see I've missed a few questions.

Joe - You can appoint your lawyer or a friend to submit the application on your behalf under a Power of Attorney. But as there is no closing date for applications you could wait until you're next in Cyprus.

Barney - See my reply above to Joe. As for your partner, you can still apply yourself (someone who'd lost her husband applied without any problem without having to explain her situation).

nat695 - The registered contract number is on the receipt issued by the Land Registry when your contract was deposited. If you take your contract to the LR they may be able to find their reference. ID is your passport number. AS for the others, your developer will know - or the LR may help.

Eleanor - the 10% reduction in Property Transfer Fees is in addition to the 50% reduction available if the transfer takes place by 31st December 2016.

I managed to get a 'proper' English translation of the law. Anyone interested can download a combined Greek and English version by
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

. (Pages 18 - 29 have the English translation.)

Regards,

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
robandaly

What about this little beauty then!!
Received our letter from LR informing us to go and pay the transfer fees and get our deeds in the next 60 days. Called LR they said they would give me the sum to pay by Thu. On Fri I called them as they had not contacted me, only to be told " sorry there is a problem, your developer is in the next office saying he is objecting to all of us on our estate getting our deeds". He did not object in the 45 day period, so how can he now was my reply. I was told it now needs to go to Nicosia for them to decide. That was a kick in the teeth. They are all at it!!
Get your Title Deeds – Act Now 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Ask Nigel A Question