Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » Greek Nurseries. Goto page 1, 2  Next
Greek Nurseries. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
Tutty1
Pictures: 1

Hi

My daughter is 8 month old and soon, I will be putting her in to a local nursery, to enable her to learn the language, before she reaches the age when she will go to a cypriot school.

I have heard that some nurseries, dont have qualified nursery nurses, do any one know of which nurseries are qualified and which are not.

Thank you in anticipation.

Kind regards

Michelle
Frenaros Mum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

nursery 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote
richard
Pictures: 0

my daughter has been goingto school in paralimni on first april for the last year she is 3 years it is very good and qualified i have another daughter that is 1 years she will be going there soon if you need the phone no let me know.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quote
julzzuk

my son , who is nearly 2 started at a greek nursery when he was 4 months (i have to work).. I must say i am very happy with the standard of care, he loves the places and i have to drag him home at the end of the day as he loves playing and making things with all his friends! He has learnt to speak greek perfectly and I only speak english... so i helps me too..

The one I use is on April 1st Street paralimni, next to RC electrics, opposite the pet shop.

I reccomend you visit just turn up and ask for Natasha and she will show you round and answer all your questions, she speaks very good english and has 3 kids herself...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
sasha

julzzuk wrote:
my son , who is nearly 2 started at a greek nursery when he was 4 months (i have to work).. I must say i am very happy with the standard of care, he loves the places and i have to drag him home at the end of the day as he loves playing and making things with all his friends! He has learnt to speak greek perfectly and I only speak english... so i helps me too..

The one I use is on April 1st Street paralimni, next to RC electrics, opposite the pet shop.

I reccomend you visit just turn up and ask for Natasha and she will show you round and answer all your questions, she speaks very good english and has 3 kids herself...

Hi my son goes to greek nursery as well, we moved to cyprus in apr 07 and I started him in the same nursery as the previous note, the nursery is called froulina in paralimni natasa is brilliant and all the staff, my son loves it.
It makes going to work easier as I dont have them crying tantrums I dont want to go today.
sasha

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
snazzydiva
Pictures: 2

Last edited by snazzydiva on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Greek Nursery 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Tutty1
Pictures: 1

Hi

I have been told by the Frenaros Nursery that they charge CYPŁ75.00 per month from 7.00am unti l1.00pm Monday to Friday,

I have also been told that other nursery charge between CYPŁ60.00 to CYPŁ80.00 per month, not sure of the other nursery times though.

Hope this helps some how.

Michelle
Frenaros Mum
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

Can anyone recommend a nursery in the Larnaca area for an 17 month old.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

nursery times 07:00 - 13:00?

is it possible to keep a child there longer and does anyone no costs?
we will be over in july and will be looking for work straight away, my son will be 14 months

thanks

paul
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
kdepp77

Paul,

Fraoulino Nursery = 140 Euros for full day with lunch for a child still in Nappies.

Hope this helps, Kerry

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
paul1978

hi kerry is that 140 for the month? not per day Surprised
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
julzzuk

€140 per month... the price goes down when they out of nappies. My sons goes here its great...

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

hi julzz how old is your son?
do you have to work?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
kdepp77

yes Paul is per month and it does go down when out of nappies but only by 10 Euros........... still you'll save some on not having to buy the nappies too!! Laughing
Worth noting though that on their tarrif it does say "150 Euros per infant under the age of 2" this does mean that it could cost you 10 Euros extra as your son is only 14mths Sad

julzzuk - is your son still in the 0-2 bit or do they put him in the next group? My son would not stay in that little room, he's too noisy and into everything! but it worries me about him being in a larger group with not so many people to keep an eye on him as he obviously can't do everything that an older child can (even though he thinks he can).

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

does the fee have to be paid upfront or can it be paid weekly?

thanks

paul.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 am Reply with quote
gary able

Hi
Does anyone have the phone number of the nursery( or any other locally ) in Froulina.
Thankyou.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Snowy

Hi

I presume that you mean the nursery near Kokkinos in Paralimni? I have heard a lot of bad reports about this one, but have a number for one near the police station in Paralimni which is good. I can let you have it if you like.

Thanks

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote
gary able

Hi
Yes that would be great. Do you know much about them?
Thankyou
Gary

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
Snowy

Hi

The person you need to speak to is Alexia 23 826 366 / 99 363 790.

My daughter goes full time, which is from 07:00 - 17:00 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Wednesday is 07:00 - 16:30. I pay 150 Euros a month.

This includes a cooked lunch and I send a packed lunch too - sandwich, fruit, cereal and milk, biscuits and her cup for water. I of course provide her nappies and wipes.

My daughter absolutely loves it and doesn't want to come home. She gets on really well with the staff and the children. It is only a small nursery, very much a family feel to it. They have an outdoor play area (covered) which is great for summer and winter.

You can either give her a call or just pop in.

Directions

If the Paralimni Police Station is on your right hand side at the traffic lights and you have just passed the School and gone over the road humps.

Turn right at the Traffic Lights.

Then it is your second left (which is actually a no entry - but don't worry about that). It is the house there on the corner with the blue railings on your left.

Very easy to find, you can't miss it.

Hope this helps.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote
gary able

Thankyou very much i`ll give them a call.
Regards
Gary Smile

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Snowy ,
Should it not be left at the lights. Smile I have been in this nursery our apartment is just down from it. I always hear the children playing out in the garden, I was speaking with the owner one day and she invited me in to have a look.
all the kids were tucked up fast asleep for their afternoon nap.
They also have a computor corner for their older infants, they are very proud of this.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools