Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Chill Bar Xylophagou RE-OPENING (after refurbishment)
Chill Bar Xylophagou RE-OPENING (after refurbishment) 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Bevo
Pictures: 0

Hi, to anyone who wants to know the Chill Bar in Xylophagou is re-opening tomorrow Mon 14th Jan @ 5pm. The British owner closed it on 1st Jan to re-furbish. So i will be there tomorrow to prop up the new bar Laughing
Will let you know when soberd up Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
JudyH

Hi
We have an apartment in the village but won't be out until May..would love to know what the refurbishment is like and whether they will still be offering Internet Access

Kind Regards Judy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Oh Dear 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quote
evo

Hi All.
Well i have just returned from my lovely house in Xylofagou.Of course when there made the trip straight down to the Chill bar.You can't beat a good village pub.What have they done!
They have turn what was a great pub where you could watch sport and drink and chat all night into a empty room.
They have moved the bar up to one end where everyone is squashed up.This now the only smaoking part of the pub.The 5 bars stools are now permantly occupied making access to the bar impossible.The big lounge is has tables set for eating.Thats if you can understand the menu.The old menu was surperb catering for all tastes.This new menu is pompus and over the top.Just 8 to 10 meals that even the waitress couldnt pronounce the names of.Its laughable.When there 2 guys who came in for a drink were told "its eating only in here" so they left which just left me and the wife there.When i asked the waitress if the new refurb was just to drive drinkers away she told me they'll soon get used to it.
I for one won't.
What a complete shambles.After i eaten my very mediocre meal(it was chicken something or other) i felt i had to leave instead of sinking a few Keos.I am gutted.
We left and went to the Guitar bar which was rammed to the roof with customers.By the way thanks to the couple who let us sit with them and made us feel very welcomed.
I am sorry if this is too long but one of the reasons for picking the village was a good place to eat and drink.Whoever the new owner/management are they must have ideas above their station.It is bizarre.
I said to my neighbour had he visited the Chill bar and he went into a rant much the same as mine here so i think i am not alone.
I for one won't be back and that for me is very sad.
Evo.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
JudyH

Hi Bevo

Sounds terrible.....guess we will still be drinking with Kyri @ Sigiries Bar!!
Thanks for the update
Judy

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
geordie

Any further updates on the Chill Bar? I'm out there in a few weeks and even though it's not my favourite bar in the village I would still like to give it a go.
chill bar reopening 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

I live in Xylophagou and have to agree, The chill bar has changed hands and is definately not as good as before, and this is not just me, lots of people here say thesame. The Xylophagou ladies group used to meet there regularily, and once a month had a meal there. Now they are alternating between the Chill and J
Johnnys bar for their weekly coffee mornings and they are looking for somewhere else for their monthly lunch time.
The food is not as good as before, the bar is at the far end and if anyone wants the toilets they have to squeeze past the bar stools.

BJ
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
evo

HI BJ.
Where is johnnys bar please.
Steve
chill bar refurbishment 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

Johnnys bar is in the centre of Xylophagou, two doors from Laiki bank next to dentists doorway. It has only opened recently. Do not sell meals at the moment but do snacks May do meals eventually. Has pool table Bar very nice ,staff very friendly.

Open at moment from 2pm till late. Johnny is hoping to open all day in summer.

BJ
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Chill bar xylophagou 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

I have to make an apology here, I said that the Xylophagou ladies group were not happy with the new Chill bar in the village and were looking for a new venue.. I have now been told that that is actually incorrect. One or two members were disapointed with the new Chill Bar but they have not decided to change their venue at all. sorry for giving the wrong information and incorrectly passing it on .

BJ

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
geordie

I gave the Chill Bar a visit last week and did not see a great change from before the refurbishment. There is only one thing wrong with the bar, it's in the wrong place! This is more suited to the West End of London or some unknown town centre with ideas above its station..... I had a couple of very quick drinks and left for Sigiries Bar. Now this is what I have come to Cyprus for. A lively venue with friendly staff, and customers!! My new local, thank you Kyriacos, you've got it just right, do not change a thing.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote
family_slave

went to chill bar last night wasnt eating although tempted only drinking were made more than welcome they had entertainment angela singing very good tom and sue were very buisy chatting to all customers and there was a few people eating the menu has changed i think cos i could read and understand the menu board much to previous comments the atmosphere was good there was a birthday party going on with a birthday cake provided and if im not mistaken the birthday person eats free excellent deal
well done to chill - sue & tom
(i must blame them for my terrible hang over )
good choice of entertainment Wink
Hang over 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote
Bevo

I think as your name is Family Slave, you deserve a hangover now & again Wink
I still go to Chill after the refurbishment, i also go to other bars in Xylophagou.Allways made very welcome. We are all entitled to an opinion, good luck to them @ Chill, i've seen the place packed when the singer Angela is in.
Also Sigiries bar, well what a man Kyriakos is, he and his family are great people.
Have had many a bad head after sampling in any of them Laughing
Chill Bar Xylophagou RE-OPENING (after refurbishment) 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area