Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » best restaurants in Larnaca town. Goto page 1, 2  Next
best restaurants in Larnaca town. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Sparky Pal
Pictures: 0

Hello, can you give me the names of some decent restaurants, in Larnaca,and are they still open in november.

Paul.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quote
rtp2010

hello paul,
go and try out the kalifatzia restaurant in larnaca. in my honest opinion, you will not be disappointed. from the beach front, go towards st. lazuros church, then take the left hand fork in the road, about 200yds on the left hand side and you will find it on the corner. happy eating and open all year round.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Casa Mia on the Dekalia road. Lai Chinatown on the Makarious Ave near the police station. Habibi Lebanese on Makenzie beach set back from the road with a small carpark in front and next to Salamis. The Promenade on Makenzie beach. The Castle on Makenzie beach. Panos just before the Fort. But to name a few and yes they are all open during the winter months.......Maggie Larnaca

restaurants 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
zam

Hi Paul, If you want walking distance from you try Hobos on the phinikoudes parade. Also try the stone grill if you like steaks and grills. For inexpensive meals try the Blue Pine but i warn you the meals are massive (or they were when we have visited!) (For the blue pine go along Stadiou street and turn right at the fountain by the large sports shop on corner) Blue pine is just a little further up on the right. I have heard the Cypriot restaurant (Just past City flats if you turn right out of the main entrance) is very good although I have not tried it myself) Have a good holiday! Zam Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote
Sparky Pal

Many thanks, for your answers, I will definately try some of them.

Paul.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
mot man
Pictures: 1

I can also recommend The Promenade on Makenzie, I have been many times, consistantly good food, service and price.

Roy

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Padsntails

Hi Paul

There are loads of restaurants on the beach front and they are open all year. At least you can walk to them all from where you are and (stagger!) back again. Follow the road around past the fort keeping the sea to the left and there are many local restaurants along there too. Some very good fish taverna's and also Militzis for the local meze (yummy!)

See you soon.

Sandy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Sparky Pal

Thanks, for that Sandy, we will see you soon.

Paul and Bernie.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Hi,

Cafe' Metz does a great jacket spud with a wicked choice of fillings, its near the CYTA office in the town centre

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Hadrian

Hi, the Tudor Inn is up a side street just past the fort, the fillet steak is the best I've tasted.

Hadrian

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

Tudor inn was a rip off in our opinion.. group of 10 of us went.. all youngish couples. all ordered fillet steak they had NO chips to serve us and that was because the lady said in a very snotty tone " we don't DO chips here".. oh well excuse us we replied!! Asked for steak medium, came out well well welllll done.. none of us finished our meals.. and they charged us a fortune.. For steaks, I say either Grada in Oroklini or the steakhouse on Dhekelia rd (used to be next to lilly wong's.. now it's moved) or if you want a good steak in the city, stone grill is nice.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quote
murf62

yhztolca wrote:
steakhouse on Dhekelia rd (used to be next to lilly wong's.. now it's moved)

Cambanellas, it's moved further down the road next to Lysia.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

yhztolca wrote:
they had NO chips to serve us..................and they charged us a fortune

Chips weren't on the menu, but the prices undoutedly were!

I have eaten in The Tudor on a few occasions, without cause for complaint.

Kalifatzia
Militzis
Monte Carlo
Cuckoo's Nest
To Dichoro
The Pytharki (Makarios Ave)

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
planetgillrocks

The Brewery on the front is good. Portions huge.
TGI Fridays is good (althoough if you have been to one you have been to them all, if you know what I mean).

Gx

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Sparky Pal

Hi all,
Have just returned from a short stay in Larnaca,and have tried some of the places you recommended, I could'nt try them all, but the ones I did try were excellent.The best steakhouse in Larnaca is flavors stonegrill, and followed closely by Hobos steakhouse on the promenade, the best chinese in my opinion was Lai chinatown on makarious avenue,but you may need a reservation if you go at the weekend, for a very special meal you could try Ravelli, which is just up from the blue pine. you could also try the blue pine if you were really hungry, very big portions.
Thanks for all the recomendations.

Paul.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

We have just been to BanThai, for a meal. 5 of us, 3 courses each, all had different and all were excellent. Nice decor and good service. Not cheap but well worth the money.

Its behind the Meeting Pub, off to the left of the small carpark.

As others have said, Stonegrill for steak is good, last time there I had a pepper steak, rare, a fork could have cut it. The others had the tuna steak and did their own cooking on the lava stone.

1900 for some good Cypriot food.

Larnaca is really looking up in good quality restaurants these days.

Ian Shocked

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote
Judy Brett

We also went to Ban Thai not long after it opened, it was quiet night, we were rather disappointed that they brought the main courses before we had finished the mixed starters and the food went cold quickly. it was expensive but reasonable quality.

I can recommend the 2 italian restaurants up near the american academy one is traditional (ristorante italia) and centro 123 modern cuisine both well worth a visit.
Judy

Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:40 pm Reply with quote
simonp

Taratsa rooftop restaurant opposite St Lazarus is excellent.
Also Regina, inepensive Italian food run by Cypriots, in side street behind American Accademy is good food & inepensive.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

simonp wrote:
Taratsa rooftop restaurant opposite St Lazarus is excellent.

Shows how things change from one day to another. We went there and it was terrible.
Ian
Taratsa 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
zam

Have visited Taratsa twice. The first visit food and service was excellent but the second visit not so good! I ordered pork kebab which I sent back as the pork was very undercooked, virtually raw inside. The waiter did not seem bothered and returned the meal to me, supposedly with fresh kebab but it was not much better. Such a shame as it just puts you off for future visits . Zam
best restaurants in Larnaca town. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area