Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus » UK removals companies.
UK removals companies. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Cuthbert2012
Pictures: 0

Can anyone recommend a UK removals company to move household goods to Cyprus? We have friends moving later this year and the company we used is no longer available. Preferably a company based in the north of England. Many thanks.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Luckykoh

When we decided to leave Cyprus we got on this site asking if anyone had heard of M K International Movers that we had seen advertised in the freebee. Someone replied saying how wonderful they were and for some reason they had used them twice. Our experience was exactly the opposite as they turned up hours late both days, packed things they were told to leave (the garage remote control and the central heating remote control) attempted to leave the container unlocked, and when it arrived most of our precious crockery was smashed. We are still waiting for the insurance company to pay out. Being a Cypriot insurance company it is very unlikely we will see a penny. Hope you have better luck.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
fettler

Seven years ago we used Pickford's. Prompt and efficient.
One item got broken and was sorted out with their insurance with very little trouble.
We were not quite so happy with this end of the operation, but that was down to one member of the team. Sad to relate, he was English.
HTH
Alex

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:04 am Reply with quote
JonandGaynor

We are in the process of arranging shipment of our household goods for later this year, although we can't recommend a company as yet I phoned Peter Morton in Cyprus for a quote. they said they would contact their UK counterparts to visit and make an assessment; but after two weeks we are still waiting for the call.
Last Friday I contacted Burke Bros., who are based in Bridgenorth (West Midlands) and they are visiting today so I will let you know how we get on, however I will be getting back to Peter Morton to wake them up a bit!
Removals 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Trixie

One I would not recommend is Valentine Removals or whatever they call themselves now. They left us stranded at the dock side and we had to pay for our shipment and removals at this end again. We were promised full recompense but received only a small part of it.

We eventually went to small claims court and guess what Valentines had gone bankrupt.

They are however still trading at the same address, when I last looked, with the same contact Jo Valentine....So beware.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
trevnhil

We have used Peter Morton for removals on the island twice now and were most impressed.
They would certainly be on my list of people to contact.

Trev..
UK removals companies. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus