Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus » Shipping
Shipping 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
piperbob.anderson
Pictures: 0

Hi
Does anyone know of a good reliable shipping company as we are looking to ship some boxes out to Cyprus in April, thank you. Bob
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

You could give Andrews Shipping a try:
http://www.andrewsshipping.co.uk/

or PSS:
https://www.pssremovals.com/shipping_boxes_to_cyprus.php

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
carts320
Pictures: 2

Fully recommend Andrews shipping.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
lliz

Peter Morton (removals) see forum sponsors I've used them several times,very efficient & reliable.
Lliz
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Removals. 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
Cuthbert2012

Sorry for the late reply. We used Valentines Removals, based in N. Yorkshire. In short, they took the money and left us to pay the shipping costs and other fees, in order to have our container removed from the ship and delivered to our new home address. Beware.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

Highly recommend this guy. ... shipped my car over in a shared container and it was cheaper than all of the roll on- roll off quotes I received, plus he put is in touch with his clearing agent who organised all the paperwork and took us through the whole registration process without charging exorbitant fees.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
browney2653

Have just shipped home contents with Chudleys International Shippers, whose counterpart in Cyprus is Peter Morton. Chose them after a reading lots of good recommendations and a site visit from Mark Chudley. His crew arrived and packed the complete home with care and professionalism.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:57 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

after shipping with Andrews i heard some real horror stories
but here's my experience
the Andrews guy came to look and was early for the appointment
he worked out how many boxes we needed and gave a very competitive price
a few days before we moved the andrews packing guys came and i must admit packed very quickly and professionally.
I was given a date of shipping and advised the date of arrive at the cyprus destination but subject to weather conditions and customs clearance .
the date was fine and we based our plans on the date given we moved to cyprus straight away
as we had bought and furnished years before we were not desperate for the boxes as it was just mrs bills c**p that she wudnt throw away
three weeks before the delivery date i received a call from andrews cyprus agents to say the boxes have arrived and available for collection in Limassol

i said the arrangement were delivery to larnaca .
there comment was priceless -- "yes sir for 200 pound we can deliver .
i called andrews in the uk and they promised to sort it out .
sure enough a very angry sounding guy called the day after to say he wud be at my place in 10 mins and if im not there he will take the boxes back to limassol and i will pay if he comes to larnaca again .
he kept calling to say he couldnt find me and he was going back i said stay where u are ill find u - which i did .
he said he cant carry the boxes cuz there were to heavy so i got a couple of neighbours to help .
wen the boxes inside he gave me a paper to sign to say they were delivered undamaged -- i asked my neighbour to write delivered but not checked for damage and signed -- he was visibly put out by this but it still didnt stop him holding his hand out for a tip -- he didnt like my comment
i said i'll give u a tip -- never try to scam a greek-- it doesnt work .
the guy left
we opened a few boxes and contents undamaged .
we have been here 9 years and believe it or not most of the boxes are still unopened .
so i obviously wasted my time and money shipping her knick nacks over here
would i use them again well no i probably wouldnt -- the UK part of the business is very professional but the cyprus agent -- err no
but they might have different agents here now

bill

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Shipping 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Shipping To / From Cyprus