Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Mantra
Mantra 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
b.wilson
Pictures: 0

Have been to mantra twice, both times a monday night, buffet was awfull, entertainment was good, have eaten at corfu tavern in Oroklini, food not very good either. If you like a good Indian meal try the Ganga, just off the Dekelia road, it is sign posted, I dont think you will be disapointed, have tried several Indian resturants this is the best by far.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quote
carolinem

Sorry but l totally disagree had terrible service warm/cold food and bad service, agree with Deano see below.
CJ

Quote:
Just had takeaway from Ganga Indian Restaurant , off Dhekelia Road, in tourist area of Larnca and it was truly awful!

Had chicken dansak and it was as dry as a bone and the same, if not worse than a chicken curry out of a tin in England!

Had Lamb Saag, - lamb was okay, but just in a pureed Spinach with no spices!

Not cheap either- 14.50 pick up with rice and nan and certainly not worth the dollar- could have done better myself!

Have used Masalas for sit downon quite a few occasions and it has been good (not that authentic but nice food/service) and have had one meal and one takeaway before from Ganga and have found it expensive, but but adequate, but tonight it was a real joke- dried up chicken for 6.00!

I certainly will not be going back there!

Deano
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

I have to agree with b.wilson, a lovely setting, but the service was terrible, and the buffet.............the liver was black, and the rest lukewarm, the potatoes were too hard to even cut. In fact several of our party (about 12) were ill afterwards.

Needless to say we wont be returning.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote
zak252

12 of us went to the Mantra in August, on a Monday night. The entertainment was great and there were no complaints about the buffet or the service. Indeed, some of the party were a little ill the following day, however, safe to say the large amounts of Keo were to blame for that!!!
Will definately return
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:48 am Reply with quote
carolinem

Sorry having a blonde day above about Ganga.
I have yet to hear anyone local in the village praise the Mantra, and people often complain about feeling ill after eating there. Such a shame because of the beautiful setting.
CJ
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quote
OROKLINIPROPOWNER

carolinem wrote:
Sorry having a blonde day above about Ganga.
I have yet to hear anyone local in the village praise the Mantra, and people often complain about feeling ill after eating there. Such a shame because of the beautiful setting.
CJ

Im sorry that isn't true - both myself & my wife & any of our guests who have visited have enjoyed the food there. If you go for the buffet, which we haven't, and the ticket includes entertainment would you really expect a gourmet meal?

The Kleftico is always good and I have never felt ill.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke

I hear there was a bit of trouble at the Mantra last Monday, something about someone dressing as Hitler and singing war songs.....................can that really be true?? Shocked

Must be rubbish

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

yes that did happen at mantra last monday, my neighbors went and gave me the full story. This comedian was doing his hitler act and when a few german ladies in the crowd felt a bit uncomfortable apparently their partners spoke up and asked for an appology. The appology was given but then apparently then next act came on and told the crowd to lighten up and take a joke. that did not go over well.. fights nearly broke out..

i've never personally been to the mantra tavern, never really had any desire to go there. Their bright flashing lights drive me mad as I can see them from my patio.. If i want a nice quiet meal in the village I usually visit Voreas or the Grada, both top notch service and quality. The shrimp a la chef at the Grada is to die for!!

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Shocked Shocked

Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

"Don't mention the war. I did, but I think I got away with it."

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quote
jon

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mantra 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area