Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » looking for......
looking for...... 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quote
julzzuk
Pictures: 0

Anyone in the larnaca area know of a lebanese restaurant... I heard that there are 2 there but can't find any info
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quote
Chris Mooney

I'm sure there is a restaurant called Habibi or something like that on the main road, half way between the port roundabout and the police station on Arch Bish Mak III... it usually has a rolls royce parked outside in the company livery.
HTH
Chris

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:41 am Reply with quote
julzzuk

yes I think I seen that one... looked more like a take away than a proper sit down place tho..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:07 am Reply with quote
Francesca712

I don't know the name of the place but I think there is one near the mosque just behind the seafront in Larnaca.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote
amlek

The other Habibi is in McKenzie seafront mainroad - right at the end just before it curves road to go up towards the airport. Its set back a bit behind the Constantina Beach, Sveltos beach & Adonis Beach hotels.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Larry

There is a new one, more of a takeaway just opposite the Fort. Very good food and reasonably priced. Dont serve any alcohol.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

There is also one on the Makarious Ave next to the Petrolina station on the left as you come away from the police station. It is on the first floor of the building and I usually park on the petrol station frontage because is it right by the doorway into what looks like an apartment block. Pretty good food too.
Habibi I am told means 'my darling'...........Maggie Larnaca

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

It also is used as an endearment as in "mate" or when referring to a friend as a "brother" in both Arabic and Turkish. Usefull little term.I think in Urdu it means "darling" as in Constable Habib in The Thin Blue Line.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Hi Peeps, we went to the Lebanese Restaurant Habibi last night and had one of their blow out meze's, it was excellent as usual.
Michelle, the owner, must be doing well, there are 2 Roll's Royces outside now Exclamation And for the guys there was a belly dancer that came on about
9-30-ish. Came out stuffed as usual and didnt eat until a snack on the beach today lunchtime Exclamation ..........Maggie Larnaca

looking for...... 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area