Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » Cat/Kittens Vaccinations
Cat/Kittens Vaccinations 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
total-fx
Pictures: 0

Hi all

I have been speaking to my vet who has advised me that my cats will need to be vaccinated against rabies + blood test and the total cost of the European passport will costs 300.00 depending if there was any need for retests etc. Has anyone had to do this, I have been searching on the internet on various sites and have been reading up on European Pet Passports and it seems that there is no need for the rabies vaccine but my cats will need to be wormed and flead.
This question may read somewhat confusing but I have 4 cats - 2 adult and 2 kittens which have been microchipped already and I dont want to outlay 300 per cat.

Many thanks Sharon Robin, Sam, Penny, Tom N Geri these are my 4 cats
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:12 am Reply with quote
TheDragon

I am presuming you are coming to live in Cyprus and are currently in the UK.

When we moved out here, the rabies jab was 50 quid. Blood test 45, passport 15. So I dont know where your getting 300 per animal. The pre-flight check up inc flea and tick tratment 30.
Our vet did the lot as a package for 120 and this was for 2 large Bull Mastiff dogs. Cats were exactly the same.

If your already over here, the lot costs around C40.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote
zak252

300 seems OTT for a cat, my vet has quoted around 20 for meds and 50 for blood test.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
helen

you will find info regarding bringing animals to Cyprus on this link

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Your animals must have the rabies vaccination

Helen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Cat/Kittens Vaccinations 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus