Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » CATS
CATS 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quote
SBS
Pictures: 0

I've recently got a kitten, who is now 11 weeks old. I've only ever had adult cats in the past. What age does the kitten have to be before she can have her jabs and be neutered?

SBS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: CATS 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

SBS wrote:
I've recently got a kitten, who is now 11 weeks old. I've only ever had adult cats in the past. What age does the kitten have to be before she can have her jabs and be neutered?

SBS

My 8 week old kitten has just had his first vaccination, second due in mid September, asked when he could be neutered and vet told me at 5-6 months old. If its she its spaying. Vet charged me 13 for a check up, first vaccinations and pills for a small skin problem, plus its own registration booklet. Very nice man.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

This is Milo.

Lyn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
CATS 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote
SBS

Hi Lin

Thanks for your reply. Milo looks cute. I haven't worked out how to put a photo on this forum yet but when I do, I'll put one of Betsy on.

Which vet did you go to? I rang the one in Dherynia and was told she'd need 2 cat flu injections and 2 for leukaemia, both at 2 weekly intervals. They quoted me 9 each for the cat flu and 10 each for the leukaemia ones and 50 to have her spayed. Do you think this is reasonable?

SBS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
LynSab

Well I,m not sure what the price is for neutering yet as I did,nt ask, will do when I take Milo for his next booster in mid September. Of course this will be more cost on top of what I have already paid, so until I know for sure, I do not know full price, but I reckon its going to be around 25cy total for vaccinations.Then a cost for neutering still think its a whole lot cheaper than the UK. The pills he gave me for Milos skin condition have also done the trick.

The vet I use in the centre of Paralimni its just before the busy crossroad and at this disjointed crossroad you have to guess which car is going to go next! you will see his sign you turn left.

His name is Tasos Kefalas and he runs a small clinic with a 24hr emergency number, I just went in without an appointment and waited my turn, he was really good his huge persian cat sat on his desk the whole time she is a beauty! He made an appointment for my next visit to save me waiting, I think its his wife that is the partner there also.

Lyn

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
cladyon

We use Tassos, brill guy, cares more about the animals than money. Vaccinations are 3 x 3weeks apart @ 9 each. Spaying is 45 & neutering is 30 you may pay an extra 5 for antibiotics. Hope this helps.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
JimPernera
Pictures: 8

We use Tassos also for our dog. Lyn, how can you say his cat is a 'beauty'? It must be the ugliest cat I have ever seen, and no manners - it drank the receptionists water out of her glass when she was out of the room. By the way we always take our old newspapers in to him since we read on another thread that he uses quite a lot each day, so if anyone has any for recycling Tassos is the place to recycle them. Regards to all, hope I have not upset anyone Twisted Evil Jim.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:15 pm Reply with quote
LynSab

JimPernera wrote:
We use Tassos also for our dog. Lyn, how can you say his cat is a 'beauty'? It must be the ugliest cat I have ever seen, and no manners - it drank the receptionists water out of her glass when she was out of the room. By the way we always take our old newspapers in to him since we read on another thread that he uses quite a lot each day, so if anyone has any for recycling Tassos is the place to recycle them. Regards to all, hope I have not upset anyone Twisted Evil Jim.

Persians can be ugly Jim its true, but maybe the serene behaviour of this cat shone thru for me, I thought she was lovely really, as for drinking out of someones glass, well our little ankle biter has no manners either then!! Thanks for tip on newspapers, will save mine up, as they are mostly rubbish anyway, can,t think of a better use for them!

Lyn
CATS 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote
SBS

I've spoken to the vet's assistant in Dherynia, the one on the Sotira Road by the stadium. She was very helpful on the phone. They said Betsy needs 2 injections now and then the same again in 2 weeks, these are for leukaemia and cat flu, one is CYP9 the other CYP10 each, so CYP38 for the injections and they charge CYP50 for spaying. Seems like the prices aren't much different. I only went to this one as it's nearer to me and you can make appointments, whereas I understand with Tassos you have to go and wait your turn.

SBS

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: CATS 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
LynSab

SBS wrote:
I've spoken to the vet's assistant in Dherynia, the one on the Sotira Road by the stadium. She was very helpful on the phone. They said Betsy needs 2 injections now and then the same again in 2 weeks, these are for leukaemia and cat flu, one is CYP9 the other CYP10 each, so CYP38 for the injections and they charge CYP50 for spaying. Seems like the prices aren't much different. I only went to this one as it's nearer to me and you can make appointments, whereas I understand with Tassos you have to go and wait your turn.

SBS

You can go in and wait your turn without an appointment, but make an appointment and you go for that time, no problem, thats what I do. Charge for neutering is 30 with Tasos.
CATS 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus