Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Remonda Development Xylophagou Goto page 1, 2  Next
Remonda Development Xylophagou 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith
Pictures: 0

Hi!

My partner and I are purchasing plot 13 of this development. I have been in contact with Karen and Dave purchasing plot 16 but is there anyone else out there who have bought on this development.

We are going out in May to see how things are coming along.

Kay
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Norman & Dawn

Hi, We have purchaced one of the town houses on Remonda. We already live in Cyprus and have been to look at the progress regularly. Some of the villas are nearly up to the frame stage now and all is looking good.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Remonda Development 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Norman and Dawn

Great to hear from another future neighbour. Good news about the villas I have been both excited and anxious. The Estate Agent did send me a pic when they started the foundations and has promised to send me further pics in next couple of weeks.

Have they started building your house yet? When do you expect completion?

Are you happy living in Cyprus? I have read so many negative things on the Forum and it does scare me a little.

Sorry for all the questions don't feel oblige to answering my questions I am just excited that you have replied.

Kay and David

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Norman & Dawn

No they havent started the town houses yet, but last week they did level the land, Kevin and Marina from SNK assure us that it will be ready by November. Because we are in the property business over here we have no reason not to believe them (and we have a clause in our contract the gives big penalties if late delivery - we also know our solicitor very well).

We love Cyprus and have now been here 2 1/2 years although I have just had an offer I cant refuse to go and work in Saudi for 2 years and am just waiting for my visa at the moment. Dawn will stay here with our son who will be starting his A levels next year. Cyprus is what you make of it. A lot of people we know who came over here and have now returned to the UK didnt do their homework and expected it to be a 365 day a year holiday. but it isnt like that you have to remember that you are not in the UK and have to fit in with the locals not the other way around - a mistake a lot of people make.

We have also spoken with a few of our 'to be' local neighbours who seem very nice and chatty. Xylophagou seems a very friendly village, one of the reasons we decided on living there.

Please dont worry about asking questions. We will attempt to answer anything. Its the only way you will find out the information that you need to know.

Will keep you informed of progress on your villa (if I can work out which one is yours - if not will ask Kevin)

Take care for now

Norman and Dawn

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Norman and Dawn

Thanks for getting back to us. We are so glad for any information re: living in Cyprus. We have heard some scary stories but we are keeping an open mind. We have been on hols there many times and love it but like you say when you move there you have to come out of the holiday mood. I totally agree with you regarding fitting in with the locals, we want have no problem with that, it's their country not ours. I am looking forward to meeting and mixing with the Cypriots. David and I are just looking for a quiet and peaceful life in the sun. We will be very grateful for any progress on our Villa. We will be over in May for a week and again in Sept for two weeks to pick the tiles etc!!

Please keep in touch

Regards

Kay and David

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
Norman & Dawn

Hi! Kay and David

Have just been over to see the developers to choose our doors, kitchen cabinets tiles etc (we have done this very early as I am off to Saudi next month) and mentioned that we had been in contact with you and that you are comming over in May and September it was sugested that it would be better for you to choose your tiles etc when you came over in May.

We are literally going to be neighbours as your villa will be next door to our house, and I can tell you that yours has all the ground floor frame completed and they are now putting in the supports ready to pour the concrete for the first floor.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards

Norman and Dawn

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Norman and Dawn

Thanks for all the info. I can't believe we are going to be living next door to each other that's great news.

Is there a good choice for tiles, kitchen cupboards, bathroom suite etc ? As we though we might need to upgrade.

I am getting so excited that when we arrive in Cyprus in May the first place I will want to go is to see the developement of our Villa.

I hope Dawn will keep in touch with us when you are in Saudi and of course you will be very anxious with the development of your Townhouse. Sound good news all round.

Thanks once again for the info.

Kay and David

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Norman & Dawn

Hello Dawn here. It will be great to have neighbours who are as excited about Cyprus as we are - and we have been here nearly 3 years already!

You choose your wood for your kitchen units, internal doors and wardrobes at SNK offices, also what type of granite for your worktops, and handles for internal doors, wardrobes and kitchen units. The woods are rather limited, but there is a wide range of granites to choose from.

The tile / bathroom / kitchen showroom in Larnaca is impressive, called Vassos Leptos. We spent a whole morning in there yesterday with Teresa from SNK customer service. You choose a loo (consider first the dimensions of your bathrooms and how it will fit against the other fittings, standing-up room etc). Bathroom / shower room /downstairs WC wash hand basin, bath, shower trays, shower cubicles, kitchen sink, kitchen taps, basin taps, shower units, tiles for floors, balconies, verandas, bathrooms, and kitchen splashbacks, also the colour of grout that you want between the tiles in all cases.

After we finished at Larnaca, we looked in at Remonda and saw how they were getting on. The villas were still coming on rapidly, some at first floor skeleton stage, and some still at ground floor skeleton like yours. We attach some photos for your interest and delight! Images 6 and 7 are of your villa, image 8 is the rest of the villas on Remonda - the story so far!

We upgraded with all the bathroom tiles, as the standard selection was a bit boring, but the upgrade was not all that expensive and - hey - it's for ever! So what the heck with the cost. The shower cubicles we bought from there so it would fit the shower trays properly, frosted glass and not too expensive either.

I think I may still have Norman for another week or so, before he goes to Saudi, so will speak soon.

Dawn

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

remonda 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
karen k

Hi -

We have purchased 15 remonda.

Just got all excited looking at the pictures that have been posted on the site - changed since we were over in september picking our tiles etc.
We agree with you dawn about the upgrades being reasonable.
Our villa completion date is july 08.
We have been in contact with kay & david by e mail.

Look forward to meeting you all

karen & dave

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
David G

Hi! Dawn and Norman

Thanks for the update and the pics, its so very kind of you they are really good. We just having one concern over the pool as ours is going down the side of the house and we were told we would have the sun all day so we will have to speak to the developer. We are having a pool size 3/12 by 81/2 slight different from the others. Things are really happening now and can't wait to come over in May to see the house and maybe we could meet for a coffee. We will definately upgrade the tiles and bathroom suite. Did they have a good choice of floor tiles? again don't mind upgrading.

Gosh it want be long before Norman goes to Saudi I hope he gets time off to go back to Cyprus as two years is a long time away.

Thank you once again for the update we are so very Very Happy grateful Please keep in touch and all the best to Norman.

Kay and David

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
David G

Hi! Karen and Dave

Just read your posting and can't believe your property will be ready in July this year, I thought it was going to be ready in December. Ours want be ready until March 09 but that's fine with us.

Things must have really progressed with your Villa, you must be really excited now!! Are you moving out in July? David and I are going out in May and then again in Sept hopefully we can meet up in Sept if you have moved over.

We are finding it really exciting especially having made contact with yourself and Dave and Dawn and Norman and we will all be living so close to each other, in fact Dawn and Norman are going to be our next door neighbours. I can't stop watching a place in the sun and think that will be us soon. We only wish we could move out there next year but at this point in time I have an elderly mum to consider.

Please keep in touch

Kay and David

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
karen k

Hi Kay & David
I bet you were all excited when you saw the pictures of your villa-its coming on well-Looking at picture 06- we think we can JUST see our villa in the background of yours, the date for completion on our contract is july 08 - but the date on brochure is dec 08.

Karen & Dave

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Karen and Dave

David and I were very excited when we saw the pics!! it's really kind of Dawn and Norman sending us the pics and lots of other information. Every little bit of information helps.

Can't wait to go over in May and pick the tiles etc and to see the further progress of the villa. You to must be getting very excited not long for delivery of yours. You will have to start sorting things out ( packing ) what you are taking etc

Well have fun!!

Take Care

Kay and David

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quote
Norman & Dawn

Hi!

Just a quick update with some photos of the progress of your houses.

Everything seems to be progressing fine and the build looks good.

The weather is very mild at the moment although there is a strong breeze.

Hope you all enjoy the photos of your houses and apologies for our son David getting in a couple of the photos. Just for perspective he is 16 years old and nearly 6ft tall.

Norman and Dawn

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:10 am Reply with quote
karen k

Hi

Thanks for posting the pictures-really appriciate it as we dont know when we will get over next.
David will be going in the photo album !!!

Karen & Dave Very Happy

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Pics 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Norman and Dawn

Thanks for the pics - the development is really coming along.

All the best to Norman in Saudi.

Thanks for all the updates.

Take Care

Kay and David

P.S. your soon looks great in the pics!!! and he will be in our album as well

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
Norman & Dawn

Hi! Kay and David & Karen and Dave,

This will be my last update before I go to Saudi, but Dawn says she will carry on when she can.

The build is still going well and some of the villas do now look like houses.

There has been progress on No13 but nothing has happened on No15 that we could see.

Have attached some photos. This time you get Dave, Dawn and our dog Freddie in them. Dave is standing in No13.

Will keep in touch.

Regards
Norman

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
karen k

Hi Norman, Dawn, Dave & the lovely Freddie !!!

Thanks for posting the pictures - Kay & Davids seems to be coming on well although ours (no 15) seems to be at a stand still !!

Hope your work contract goes well. Wave

Karen & Dave

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Hi! Dawn and Norman

Thanks for the pics we are so grateful. Our villa has come along so much since your last posting.

All the best to Norman in his new venture in Saudi.

Hopefully we can catch up with Dawn in May.

Thank you once again for all your postings and pics.

Hi! Karen and Dave
I am sure there will be further progress on your Villa shortly. We will take some pics for you when we are over there in May. If you want us to check anything with the Developer etc whilst we are over there please don't hesitate to ask us.

Take Care

Regards to all

Kay and David
Hello 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Kay Smith

Is there anyone else out there buying on this development - it would be great to hear from you.

Kay
Remonda Development Xylophagou 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments