Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Land In Kitti
Land In Kitti 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett
Pictures: 1

We have Land in The lovely Village of Kitti
Purchased aprox 4 years ago
At the first stage of buying we were going to sell up and move .
Things didnt go to plan so we have been sitting on the idea for the last 4 years
now we have decided to start the ball rolling.
The land is big enough to build 2 detached houses or 1 large bungalow
we are thinking of Timber framed , has anyone recently used a building company and what are your thoughts
Dawn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote
baileyboy
Pictures: 0

Hi, Sorry I do not have any experience of timber houses but the one thing that springs to mind if you try to sell it in later years will the fact that the construction material is timber not put buyers off? Cypriots are very concrete orientated and would probably not even consider a wooden house.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:30 am Reply with quote
Lancman

If you're going to build a house to live in rather than as an investment with a view to sale for profit I'd think that a timber framed house would be a great idea. Certainly it would have better heat insulation than the average Cyprus concrete structure. A Google search for Cyprus timber framed house will give you several hits.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:37 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett

Thanks for replies

We have followed a couple of builds (Australian Homes)
But wondered if others had used any other companys
Dawn

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

Hi Dawn,

We are in the process of completing our house in Maroni using timber frame.... Kingspan TEK Building System and finishing with a stone wall exterior (not cladding).

All the material are manfactured in Germany and the Company we used (recommended by our architect) are called SPA Building Systems Ltd. Tel: 7000 8191 e'mail
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

If you would like any further information or would like to call to see it for yourself, you are more than welcome. We are about 20mins drive from Kiti Very Happy

Regards

Anne-Marie

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
dawnnett

Hi Anne Maria

Thank you for you reply
That would be lovely , will call you when were in cyprus next around June

Also Thank you Chris for sending me your wonderful photos of your fab House

Sorry for the late response weve just spent 3 hrs at eye Hospital Hubby was cutting back Bamboo , and caught his eye on one Sad

Thanks Dawn

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

Hi Dawn,

Happy to be of some help, I look forward to hearing from you in June. Just give me a call anytime, my telephone number is 99052669.

I hope hubby makes a full recovery

Anne-Marie Laughing

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Cyberchick Lynn

Hi Dawn we have had our house built on the outskirts of Kiti.
If you are interested the builder lives in Pervolia and he is such a great guy. Nothing is too much trouble. There are lots of people in the area that say the same. I have never heard a bad word about him.
He is a structural engineer and went to university in England.
I am sure that he will be happy to offer you all the advice that you will need, without any obligation.
If you want his number email me.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Land In Kitti 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments