Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Furniture Stores
Furniture Stores 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
Geoffsmith
Pictures: 0

Hi everyone,

We are finally going to make it out to Cyprus in the 1st week of May to take over our apartmrnt (D202), and were wondering if anyone has any recommendations/advice regarding local furniture stores. We'd be grateful for any advice/info. Also, hope to meet some of our neighbours when we are there - we arrive Monday 3rd May. Cheers

Geoff and Sara
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

try Mother Hubbards in Pernera
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
(although I notice that they're re-vamping their website at the moment).

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
OROKLINIPROPOWNER

Hello

You must be very excited. Might be helpful to say what area your apartment is in, so that people can you give you local recommendations.

Tony

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi Geoff & Sara,

You may find the following sections of the forum helpful:

HTH

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 am Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Ship it from the UK and you'll save an absolute fortune.

As far as White Goods go, what you'll pay in Cyprus for an unheard of brand the same, if not more, for what you'll be able to buy a top notch product in the UK. People will say, "what about the warranty?". To which I'd reply, if I'm getting a NEF or Bosch instead of some Chinese prodcut that I've never heard of, "What about it!'.

Have a look at these prices then you'll see what I mean.

We bought a very basic set of shelves, come book case, from Mother Hubbards and it was 180 but as all their stuff is shipped from the UK anyway, we could probably have bought it at home for half that cost.

We bought all our stuff from Dalco because at that time the exchange rate was allot lot better. However, knowing what I know now and in the current climate. I'd be buying it all in the UK and shipping it over. Whya pay almost 2000 for a sofa when you can get one in the DFS sale for under 500...?

Quote:
Small appliances package:

Water Kettle 1.5L,S/Steel 1 x : 43,00
Microwave 23L,Digital,1400W 1 x 112,00
S/Steel 2-Slice Toaster 1 x 42,00
2000W Vacuum Cleaner, Cloth Bag 1 x 102,00
Deluxe Powerful Hair Dryer 1 x 45,00

Total cost if purchased separately: 344,00.
Buy it now for 310,00. Delivery included.

This is all very basic stuff that has just had a DALCO brand marked on it. You could buy products of a similar standard in somewhere like Tesco's for about 100 all in. When we first took over our place we took an Iron, Kettle and Toaster from Tesco all for under 15 and 5 years later, we have only just replaced it all with better products, all also from Tesco.

Top tip though. If you do decide to ship from the UK, then make sure you shop around for shipping quotes as some of the companies are having a laugh.

Last edited by DAC on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 am; edited 5 times in total

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote
LisaJ

Buy good secondhand from returnees as I did. Save a fortune!!!

Mark

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

LisaJ wrote:
Buy good secondhand from returnees as I did. Save a fortune!!!

Mark

Even better idea. profit from someone else's misery... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Furniture Stores 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments