Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Armonia Apartments - Kapparis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post: #721   PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Planner
Pictures: 0

Paul, do know the valuation fees relate to?

Regards

Terry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Valuation 
Post: #722   PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed
Pictures: 1

Planner wrote:
Paul, do know the valuation fees relate to?

Regards

Terry

An educated guess tells me it covers their appointed surveyor checking over the complex / apartments after Paschali finished building. I guess a mortgage requirement worldwide.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #723   PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Planner

If that is the case, I think my question would be why are we paying for this and not Paschali. I don't remember seeing this in the contract.

Regards

Terry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Mortgages 
Post: #724   PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

Planner wrote:
If that is the case, I think my question would be why are we paying for this and not Paschali. I don't remember seeing this in the contract.

Regards

Terry

Presumably because you have a mortgage. Valuations (for the benefit of the banks) are required in most (all?) countries and are paid for by the mortgage applicants.
HI ALL! 
Post: #725   PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
robbiex

Hi all

After a very stressful and emotional Evil or Very Mad 16 days I finally completed and furnished my apartment. Happy with the final outcome and the apartment so just the final teething issues with the site that need resolving! (plus the small matter of finding a job having got made redundent the day after returning from Cyprus Sad

Anyway I've just registered on the other site specifcally for owners [edited] as I think its prudent we all stop using this site in the public domain. I'd be inclined to get the administrator to remove all our posts too unless anyone can think of a sensible reason why not??? Any prospective and internet savvy tenet is likely to do a google search for the Armonia complex. My website goes live this week and the last thing I want is for them to know about all the problems we've had and that the electricity keeps tripping off!

I've posted the issues I think need resolving under Site Management plus my thoughts for anyone who still hasnt completed or got the interest back.

hope you're well!

robbiex
Forum posts 
Post: #726   PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

Think it would be unreasonable to remove the posts for 3 reasons:

1) It hopefully helps other people looking to buy in Cyprus

2) The forum has helped us recover interest which may not have happened without the solidarity & support generated by the forum. A big thanks to Steve for making the forum available and his contributions along the way.

3) The complex is now well developed and the issues we have had regarding interest and MRI lies etc shouldn't put holidaymakers off.

Post: #727   PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote
robbiex

Sure i take you points. I'm not saying abandon the forum because i'd agree its a great source of support and information.

If you get friends or family to stay i'd ask them to use feedback on trip advisor because thats a common source of info for prospective holiday makers...

Last edited by robbiex on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #728   PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote
Lorraine & Dave
Pictures: 3

Very Happy thats a good idea Robbiex!
I have a family coming in on 15th July and would like to leave in the apartment a good,legible map of Kapparis and surrounding area, does anyone know where i can get one as the ones on the forum are not very good Sad
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #729   PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote
twentyone21
Pictures: 2

Lorraine & Dave wrote:
Very Happy thats a good idea Robbiex!
I have a family coming in on 15th July and would like to leave in the apartment a good,legible map of Kapparis and surrounding area, does anyone know where i can get one as the ones on the forum are not very good Sad

try this site
www.kapparis.info

marion a forum member runs the site and its very informative
regards

Post: #730   PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Thanks, Mark. The site is slowly being updated with info from our trip last month.

The best map of Kapparis is this one: Paralimni

We got the paper copy from Paralimni Municipality in 2006. It has Protaras on the reverse. We got some more last month and they haven't changed.

If only Google maps would update our corner of Cyprus... it's still September 2003.

Marion

Post: #731   PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote
robert888

I apoligize for the length of it, but it is worth taking a read.......

Regards
Robert

Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:04:16 +0100
Subject: We need your support

Positive News!
Announcement: www.mri-sg.org.
Our website is now up and running and has a member’s only forum, where you can safely post your thoughts and experiences and share information with fellow investors.
Please join up and start posting, support each other, exercise your basic human right to freedom of speech (but try not to be defamatory, there is a thread that allows you to let off steam called the ‘Soapbox’).

Who are we?
Definition of MRI-SG: The Misled Realty Investors Support Group is a collective. A group who believe that they have lost money to and been deceived by MRI and their associates by being misled into buying an overseas property purchase; this ranges from initial reservation payments all the way through to After Sales services and their supposed Lifetime Membership Programme. You may or may not have completed on your property, you may have lost as little as £100 or in excess of £250,000.
The MRI-SG is not an individual - it is all of us who have had the misfortune to trust MRI with our business. There is nothing illegal about being a member of a support group.
Please see the attached letter from Carter-Ruck (UK libel lawyers) that has been sent to two of our members, who admit to supporting the aims of the website and the group. One of our aims is to collect data and evidence that can be used in future class action against MRI, Capital Financial Partners and also Legal Independence (Marbella), this data also makes it easier for the MRI-SG to present to the media, a clear and accurate representation of the huge property scandal that we believe has been happening in many EU countries and throughout the World
Carter-Ruck are claiming that MRI insist that allegations against them are false and that it would be MRI-SG’s responsibility to prove that the claims are true.
Please note that it would be a violation of the terms of the site for anyone from MRI and their associates to use information from this forum as evidence of an unfair campaign against them. This forum is there to support you and others who feel let down and deceived by this company.

What can you do?
Write to Carter-Ruck: detail your financial losses and the psychological effects of encountering MRI, outline your treatment subsequently by this company.
Write to:
Stevie Loughrey
Carter-Ruck Solicitors
International Press Centre
76 Shoe lane
London
EC4A 3JB
e-mail:
Your letters will help to demonstrate that the content on the website is not lies and is supported by yours and the experiences of others.
Your reports received by us so far, have documented many ‘unfair commercial practices which include some of the following:

Unfair terms and conditions
Misrepresentation
Omissions
Complicit with lawyers, recommended financial advisors and
developers
Lack of due diligence as ‘professional’ Agents with regards to developers recommended to their clients
Phone call harassment
Refusal to refund monies paid to them for services and products not provided such as Mortgages, furniture, VAT and Aftersales.
Important: It is not libel to write your story to Carter-Ruck, be truthful and honest and as further support for the MRI-SG each letter should have your name and address and should also be e-mailed to

We need your support

This group can be pro-active, if you help to fight back and show that you will not be intimidated or bullied. There is a lot at stake here, this is about protecting and defending your basic human rights, it’s about honesty and, we believe, the violation of UK law to try and gag genuine complainants from making their stories known.
Where do you think MRI’s money has come from to keep up these unacceptable activities?

Below is a copy of the response sent by one of the accused for your reference-Neil has particularly requested that people start writing to Carter Ruck at this time.
Neil Eaton Response to Carter Ruck – 7-6-09

Reference your letter 5th June 2009; I am concerned that both you and MRI have comprehension issues and have repeatedly misinterpreted and misrepresented my words and actions and that of others to whom you have written.

The assertions that you make in your various letters dated 5th June and also some of the points raised in previous correspondences from Carter-Ruck are untrue, something which I would provide evidence for but since you are unwilling to provide evidence as I requested in my earlier correspondence to Carter-Ruck or retract your accusations then I feel no compunction to assist you any further at this point.

I will advise you as follows; Dominic Pickering of MRI approached me by phone on the evening of Wednesday 3rd June 2009. In the discussion that followed he asked me to approach a limited number of my contacts to seek a basis on which we would be able to meet to discuss a settlement to the matters each of us have. In good faith I followed this up and did in deed get a commitment from other parties to hold discussions. However in the intervening time it would appear that Dominic set in motion further actions against my colleagues and me through Carter-Ruck. It seems that he has used the limited amount of information he gleaned from our discussion to endeavour to further intimidate my colleagues and myself. This is what I now take to be the style of operation of MRI, Dominic Pickering was acting in his official capacity as the CEO of MRI. I was particularly disappointed by his lack of professionalism in the manner in which he described my colleague as a ‘terrorist’, this reflects the way in which he seems to view a client with a complaint. I tried not to pass on the identity of my colleague for obvious reasons but described that person as having received on the previous day a visit from a bailiff serving an unenforceable debt collection of, I believe £50,000. I did not provide the name but Dominic said – you mean Tracy? He then said that she was a terrorist. This tends to prove that Dominic was in some way instrumental in the raising of the debt collection or had working knowledge.

Your support of MRI’s chosen mode of operation is noted.

I state here that I will offer to act to seek a consensus from my colleagues in a bid that we may reach agreement on the way in which we can meet to settle our differences. I neither own nor control MRI-SG and have no control over any outcome amounting from its existence (this was explained to Dominic and is evidenced in my original (RIPOFF REPORT).

I confirm that I have, in good faith, sought a resolution but Dominic appears at this stage to have broken that faith. It is now his responsibility to show integrity and truthfulness. Any resolution would inevitably require to be legally binding on both parties.

In addition we offer to meet with Carter Ruck to present our evidence of the wrongdoing of MRI, CFP and Legal Independence which we feel will then make your position untenable. Separately Mr Graham has requested a meeting with a senior partner of Carter Ruck where he would bring to you attention certain pertinent details.

I am informed that MRI-SG has now requested its members to commence writing to Carter Ruck offering their evidence, which you are obliged to accept as delivered in substantiation of the position of the aggrieved property investors.

For the avoidance of doubt the MRI-SG web site and Forum is self sufficient, it is owned by the many private individuals who contributed to its set up, I am unaware of the details of the actual people who contributed or whether I have indeed met them. I did no more than suggest its creation and the type of operating system that may be used. The site administrators are roving and constantly changing and I have no knowledge of who these people are. In short you have seriously mistaken my involvement.

I understand that as of 16th May 2009 Nigel Graham and Hutton IT ceased their involvement in the hosting of the site, Hutton IT has never had any involvement in the content of the site. Hutton IT provides software solutions and relevant training to allow site operation by others. He serves various Police Authorities.

I am informed that Tracy Carrington has not created and does not maintain web site content and neither have I; I have not logged onto the site since prior to it being initially taken down by the sabotage it received through we believe, MRI’s activities.

At the point of the site being taken down by the first wave of Cyber attack, it was in Beta test mode and unregistered to any search engine. It was only accessible if you knew the web address and this had not been publicised at that time. It was therefore not searchable and not generally in the public domain. The evidence you believe you have was not intended for the general public at that time – it was under private test-I have e-mail evidence to this effect.

You are talking to the wrong people.

Neil Eaton

How have you have been treated by MRI?
Let MRISG have your support-write now!
Would you be willing to testify (if you are-now is the time to start to stand up)?
We hope we can rely on you, if you wish to have a voice now is the time to declare it.

There is nothing wrong or libelous in documenting the truth
If two of our members have to be the catalyst to prove that this website is not libelous, can they count on your support?

Remember, you are not alone.

There is strength in numbers and currently there are 250+ of you-so please start writing!

Update:
This is a posting on a Facebook page in reply to someone who has just realised that he has lost his life savings, James Robinson was (may still be) the Marketing Manager for MRI, then DCC and now?

James Robinson (Spain) wrote
at 11:22pm on May 26th, 2009
Neil you complete tool... black and decker would be proud to have you sitting in one of their boxes... let me guess... you made an adult decision to buy something, watched your world fall apart because the world went into financial meltdown and then decide to blame anybody you can for your own misgivings. grow up and grow a set mate.... life savings?? underground?? the darkness down there has clearly numbed your brain. stop looking for an excuse for your failings.... the club has just had back to back promotions and the key players are worth millions now and were bought for pence... do the maths son... but if your life savings were tantemount to 80k into Bulgaria then you know what you get when you pay peanuts dont ya?? monkeys!! Sheila build a bridge and move on

It's official...we are monkeys!

An article in the observer section media and business cash headed " The overseas property dream that continues to end in nightmare. " although no mention of MRI, Bulgaria featured heavily especially a company called Bulgarian dreams that is being investigated by City of London Police economic crime dep. The article finishes with " have you had your fingers burnt buying overseas or had a positive experience ? Let us know your views by emailing cash @observer.co.uk or write to cash , The Observer, Kings Place, 90 York Way. London, N1 9GU.

This is an invitation that the MRI support group should take up. Start writing!

Thank you for your support. We will be in touch soon. Please join the forum and start posting let others know of its existence.

Best wishes
MRI-SG

Post: #732   PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Planner

What does everyone think of the underground car park? In my opinion, the spaces are too small and the exit ramp is a joke. It is extremely difficult for a family size car to get on the exit ramp to get out. I think anyone that rents our apartments will not be impressed. I'm surprised that there is not more discussion about this. Has anyone besides me, expressed their concerns to Paschali regarding this issue? What can we do about it?

Regards

Terry

Post: #733   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
dave5

Hi All,

Just got back from Cyprus, the electric is now on, the pool bar was being set up while we where leaving, so should be in place soon. Lifts were working in block C and we were told the others will follow soon. Any other problems we had were sorted by the site manager.
As for the car park exit, we complained to Paschali and they said they were looking into it as others had mentioned it, how it was passed I don't know, I had a Fiesta and struggled to get out, noticed another car who decided to take a piece of the wall with him.

We enjoyed our stay in Armonia and enjoyed the company while there with owners, and guest who were pleased with the complex.

Dave
Various Questions 
Post: #734   PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote
mjc_essex

Good Morning Neighbours !!!!

Only found this forum yesterday wish i had found it months ago though !!!Have been through and read loads of the posts by you all and have looked and seen photos posted must admit not been out to cyprus yet to see the finished complex but cannot wait. I have bought a apartment on Block A on the ground floor and completed at the end of March.

Its fantastic to know that there is a great pool of knowledge to call upon if needed and some good neighbours. I have a load of questions that i need some help with though so i am going to tap your brains now Wink

My mortgage is with Alpha bank in swiss francs and i have been paying in monthly to the account and recently emailed the bank to make sure that all was fine to which i have been told it is however i do not have any detailed info on the mortgage or account etc i saw a few posts about internet banking can someone email to tell me a bit of how this can be set up with Alpha ? Also i do not have any title deeds i have been told these are held with the developer for several years what paperwork should i have to show i own the property ? Is this all ok ? Should i have some insurance to cover me against if the developer goes bust ?

As you can probably tell from above i am a little green as to various details the whole buying abroad thing and MRI as useless ! I have been foolish enough to buy my furniture through MRI like i say wish i had found your site earlier ! I cannot get them to install my furniture or even get a date out of them to install. has anyone else bought furniture from them ? Have you had it installed yet ? if not any tips on how to progress this ?

Look forward to hearing from you all soon and having that beer round the pool with you in Cyprus

Thanks Martin

Post: #735   PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote
sensei edd

Hi Martin, i'm also in A block, regards internet banking when your over there just pop into your bank and they'll sort it out, not so sure if it can be done from this end.

Regards Eddie.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #736   PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote
MickDaBrit

Hi, as to internet banking, i contacted Alpha Bank by phone and they posted forms for me to fill in, sign and return. They then set it up and forwarded relevant details so that we could access our account on line - process was quite straight forward. Hope this helps.

As for MRI furniture, our delivery date keeps getting put back - not sure whats going to happen Confused
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #737   PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
smithy81

Hello

As my dad owns an apartment in Armonia Ive been keeping an eye on this, we've also got problems with the MRI furniture delivery, and they are increasingly difficult to get hold of to ask whats going on???

After a little digging around (and as MRI refused to reveal who the furniture supplier was!) I found out it was Tala design village in Paphos supplying it, however after emailing them for answers they just refer us back to MRI for delivery date, confused? I am!

Anyone able to shed light on this?

Post: #738   PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
Dania
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hiya

If you need a copy of your mortgage agreement you can just request one from the bank. Send an email to and they will provide it to you.
Internet banking / Mri furniture 
Post: #739   PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
mjc_essex

Thanks guys will sort the internet banking out today at least then i will be able to see what is going on with the account !

I have spoken to a friend over the weekend who bought in Bansko in Bulgaria through MRI and also had bought the furniture package through them. It also got increasingly difficult to speak to them from chatting over the weekend and had to wait over a year for theirs.

Fingers crossed it wont be as bad.

another quick question guys i understand that the developer holds the title deeds is this correct ? is this normal ?

Thanks

Martin

Post: #740   PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
bubble

Hi All,

We have also had the misfortune of buying our furniture from MRI (we are in Block B) We completed end April and was told furniture would be installed 6-8 weeks after. After several emails and no reply we threatened MRI with legal action if they didnt respond as we would take it as they had no intention of honouring the contract. Well, they did respond then. Only their email was very abrupt and kirt to say the least. They have now told us that they have had to reschedule the furniture installations due to the suppliers letting them down YEAH RIGHT!!! We now have a delivery given of END OF AUGUST!!! We are seriuously considering furnishing it ourselves as we cant wait on MRI as they seem to keep moving the goal posts. We will be lucky if we get anything anyway. I have read that some people have waited 2 years. We have asked for a refund as the waiting time is not acceptable. I suggest you send an email to "furniture@mrioverseasproperty.com" and demand a delivery date or you will consider taking legal action. Dont pussyfoot around with them. We tried asking nicely but it got us nowwhere.

Hope this helps,
bubble
Armonia Apartments - Kapparis 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments